Author Topic: Liberals race to politicize kindergarden shooting tragedy  (Read 2623 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Liberals race to politicize kindergarden shooting tragedy
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
so you admit hit wants to reintroduce the assault weapons ban but still feel he doesnt want to take away any guns?

brilliant liberal logic there, almost as ignorant as gun laws arent about the 2nd ammendment argument...;-)

This is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I said. I said that he SAID he wants to introduce assault weapons ban because it was politically expedient. On gun control, his second term will go like his first term in that it will be a non-issue.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
This is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I said. I said that he SAID he wants to introduce assault weapons ban because it was politically expedient. On gun control, his second term will go like his first term in that it will be a non-issue.
so you dont feel a new AWB is considered gun control?

or you feel that b/c it was already instated once it doesnt really count as him trying to take away guns?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
so you dont feel a new AWB is considered gun control?

or you feel that b/c it was already instated once it doesnt really count as him trying to take away guns?

How much clearer can I make this: there will be no assualt weapons ban. At least as much as the right, Obama just wants to move into the next news cycle. It is not a fight this administration is interested in and any tepid lip service they pay to the subject is purely to appease the base.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
How much clearer can I make this: there will be no assualt weapons ban. At least as much as the right, Obama just wants to move into the next news cycle. It is not a fight this administration is interested in and any tepid lip service they pay to the subject is purely to appease the base.
I see so we must believe that obama was just pandering?

I agree its not a fight obama wants but that doesnt mean obama wont jump at an opportunity.

Obama expressly said he wants a new AWB, to even say that obama doesnt want more gun control or that he wouldnt do it given the chance it plain fuking ignorant...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
which shows what a tool Huck is.
The shooting happened because we took God outta the schools?
right.
and you see how well God protects the kids from pedophiles in the churches!

In virginia there have been 10 church shootings in the past 5 years... I guess God doesn't like churches either.

;)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »
I see so we must believe that obama was just pandering?

I agree its not a fight obama wants but that doesnt mean obama wont jump at an opportunity.

Obama expressly said he wants a new AWB, to even say that obama doesnt want more gun control or that he wouldnt do it given the chance it plain fuking ignorant...

Because he was so aggressive on gun control during his first term? Oh, wait there was no reason for him to be... 333 posted a link in this very thread showing how few massive acts of gun violence there have been during his presidency, so he was probably just waiting for the rare act of gun violence to finally exploit.  It would be exactly the type of presidency defining platform he's looking for- an easy fight that everyone can get behind. And he's got nothing else on his plate, so it might help kill the time between now and 2016.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 11:23:16 PM »
Al doggity-

Yesterday MSNBC reported that Obama's spoksman said that an assault weapons ban is "a commitment" of the President.  They want it, they said they are going to do it, and now they have a tragedy to justify it.  To hell with that pesky little document called the US Constitution.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong.  It's coming and coming soon.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »
Al doggity-

Yesterday MSNBC reported that Obama's spoksman said that an assault weapons ban is "a commitment" of the President.  They want it, they said they are going to do it, and now they have a tragedy to justify it.  To hell with that pesky little document called the US Constitution.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong.  It's coming and coming soon.   
Was an AR even used in the killing? I thought it was two pistols. One news site said that there was a Remmington .223 "in the car"... and of course they showed a picture of a decked out M4 with all the bells and whistles... Fucking scare tactics.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 06:20:02 AM »
In virginia there have been 10 church shootings in the past 5 years... I guess God doesn't like churches either.

;)

Or Virginia :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
Because he was so aggressive on gun control during his first term? Oh, wait there was no reason for him to be... 333 posted a link in this very thread showing how few massive acts of gun violence there have been during his presidency, so he was probably just waiting for the rare act of gun violence to finally exploit.  It would be exactly the type of presidency defining platform he's looking for- an easy fight that everyone can get behind. And he's got nothing else on his plate, so it might help kill the time between now and 2016.
so youre defense is that b/c a politician didnt try to get gun control passed in his first term when he knew he was going to be facing a tough election he wont try and get it passed after winning his 2nd term in which he will not run for office anymore?

Even though he has publicly admitted he wants it, even though his press sec. has publicly admitted it....

Brilliant liberal logic there.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
so youre defense is that b/c a politician didnt try to get gun control passed in his first term when he knew he was going to be facing a tough election he wont try and get it passed after winning his 2nd term in which he will not run for office anymore?

Even though he has publicly admitted he wants it, even though his press sec. has publicly admitted it....

Brilliant liberal logic there.

Well, McTones, when AWB legislation is introduced, you can bump this thread and rub it in my face.  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »
Well, McTones, when AWB legislation is introduced, you can bump this thread and rub it in my face.  ;)

More meaningless left wing baby nonsense.  AWB won't do dick. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »

More meaningless left wing baby nonsense.  AWB won't do dick. 

Obama agrees with you:

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 09:16:06 AM »
Obama agrees with you:

“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.

Re read that and now you know why Obama is one of the dumbest fucking potus of all time. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »

Re read that and now you know why Obama is one of the dumbest fucking potus of all time. 

Naw...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
Naw...

He is proposing to do something he admits will not solve the problem.   Typical Obama.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »
He is proposing to do something he admits will not solve the problem.   Typical Obama.   

There won't be an assault weapons ban push. The quote itself is an attempt to sidestep the issue. This is a president that signed bills allowing guns in national parks and on Amtrak trains.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
There won't be an assault weapons ban push. The quote itself is an attempt to sidestep the issue. This is a president that signed bills allowing guns in national parks and on Amtrak trains.
http://news.yahoo.com/democratic-senators-want-ban-assault-weapons-193340839--politics.html

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-vow-push-gun-control-measures-congress-174832152.html

bump, to throw it in your ignorant face ;)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/democratic-senators-want-ban-assault-weapons-193340839--politics.html

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-vow-push-gun-control-measures-congress-174832152.html

bump, to throw it in your ignorant face ;)

Congratulations, tony. You finally got one right. And the article you linked actually SUPPORTS your point. ;)

PS I do hope you understand that you're not actually throwing anything in my face. I don't think AWB is for shit, but I fully support stronger gun control measures and have been disappointed that a former senator from Chicago hasn't made gun violence a higher priority. I still feel like Obama will enter the fray as cautiously as possible, if at all. We'll see how it plays out.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
Congratulations, tony. You finally got one right. And the article you linked actually SUPPORTS your point. ;)

PS I do hope you understand that you're not actually throwing anything in my face. I don't think AWB is for shit, but I fully support stronger gun control measures and have been disappointed that a former senator from Chicago hasn't made gun violence a higher priority. I still feel like Obama will enter the fray as cautiously as possible, if at all. We'll see how it plays out.
congrats you finally admitted you got one wrong...;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

did he propose it tonight in his speech?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »
did he propose it tonight in his speech?
LOL so he has admitted in the past, his press secretary admitted it a few days ago and you still dont believe him eh?

I dont think the reps are against tax hikes for the rich after all they have only said they are many times but it must all be pandering...::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2012, 06:06:39 PM »
He hinted at it but, as per usual, is too much of a pussy to come out with it. He'll only do that if polling shows it to be politically worthwhile.
Agree. He danced all over the subject.

"I will use the full power of the federal government to stop any more mass shootings from happening"
"We aren't doing enough for the safety of our children. We are going to have to make uncomfortable changes in order to ensure the security of our youth"

Etc, etc. That is paraphrased btw.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
congrats you finally admitted you got one wrong...;)

I know you've had some trouble with "negotiation", "renege" and "compromise, so I'm wondering if you don't know what "congrats" means either. This isn't really something for which you'd congratulate someone.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 06:11:11 PM »
Agree. He danced all over the subject.

"I will use the full power of the federal government to stop any more mass shootings from happening"
"We aren't doing enough for the safety of our children. We are going to have to make uncomfortable changes in order to ensure the security of our youth"

Etc, etc. That is paraphrased btw.

He's not a president that wants to make gun control an issue. He wants to move onto the next news cycle as badly as the Repubs. He's probably complaining to Michelle about how much of a kyunt Diane Feinstein is.