Author Topic: Yes, We SHOULD Politicize the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting  (Read 11497 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Yes, We SHOULD Politicize the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
Spot on.

So what is your solution tough guy? 

Funny how liberals say it's better that people be killed so long as we don't torture people to get the info, but on the other hand want to give up 2 nd amendment rights when someone misuses a gun. 

Typical liberal mentality.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 07:14:31 AM »
Spot on.

do you live in America ?

During your time in service did you keep track of collateral lives lost on the other side ? Children and women ?

responsible and accurate use of firearms is an argument you may want to examine from all perspectives before chiming in with rhetoric

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »

And how many know anyone that has ever had to use a firearm to defend themselves against a criminal?
I know quite a few.
My grandfather being the most prominent.
My uncle and my father had to stare down the barrel of a gun at different times in the 60's and 70's. Uncle got away in his instance, father only lived because his friend had a pistol on him.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 07:20:42 AM »
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/aclu-killed-connecticut-forcible-institutionalization-law-that-might-have-prevented-killings

Let's blame the ACLU while we are at it.  
Lets not.  The ACLU did a good thing here as this would have been another law we do not need.  Furthermore, the ACLU has done a lot to protect Gun Rights, arguably moreso than the NRA.

Check this out.
http://www.aclu.org/racial-justice_prisoners-rights_drug-law-reform_immigrants-rights/second-amendment
We do not, however, take a position on gun control itself. In our view, neither the possession of guns nor the regulation of guns raises a civil liberties issue.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:46 AM »

I think looking at these numbers is a good way for people to get perspective on situations like mass shootings.  It's much the same with terrorism.  It's highly unlikely anyone here is going to be a victim of a mass shooting or terrorism.  I don't think it's logical to allocate disproportionally more resources and public attention on something anomalous when people die from drunk and cancer at much higher rates.

Thank you Emperor of Bodybuilding, refreshing to see people exercise common sense.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 07:34:53 AM »
School shootings are horrible, and there's no question that we need to address mental health, our epidemic of horrible parents, and doctors putting kids on Psych Drugs (like 90% of these shooters).

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 07:35:14 AM »
But the billions and billions spent on "the war on terror" was right?  as the chances of you actually becoming a victim of terrorism were/are minute...

Incidents like this shooting damage the moral of the entire nation regardless of how unlikely you are to be directly affected, we know it's not a one off , we know while guns are so easily accessible to everyone, the next one will not be too far off. What kind of society just sits back and says well f@ck it, no matter how horrendous these shooting sprees are, no matter how appalled the entire nation is , we won't bother taking any meaningful action to stop it happening, as f@ck it not too many people are actually directly involved anyway.

No one, including myself, said that nothing should be done. You are assuming many untrue sentiments. What I'm saying is in order to understand and rectify a situation you have to look at it rationally or run the risk of overreacting and doing the wrong thing.   If the American public had reacted more rationally and less emotionally in regards to terrorism the United States would never have gone to Iraq, spending billions on an unnecessary war.  

Incidents like the school shooting are very rare and are not the epidemic being portrayed by the media and gun control advocates.  You must understand the media promote these kinds of stories not out of concern for the public's well being but because they draw ratings and ratings equal advertising revenue.  

What we know from experience with prohibition is that when something is banned criminal enterprise will spring up to feed the demand.   By the way, I'm a liberal AND a gun owner.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 07:50:18 AM »
No one, including myself, said that nothing should be done. You are assuming many untrue sentiments. What I'm saying is in order to understand and rectify a situation you have to look at it rationally or run the risk of overreacting and doing the wrong thing.   If the American public had reacted more rationally and less emotionally in regards to terrorism the United States would never have gone to Iraq, spending billions on an unnecessary war.  

Incidents like the school shooting are very rare and are not the epidemic being portrayed by the media and gun control advocates.  You must understand the media promote these kinds of stories not out of concern for the public's well being but because they draw ratings and ratings equal advertising revenue.  

What we know from experience with prohibition is that when something is banned criminal enterprise will spring up to feed the demand.   By the way, I'm a liberal AND a gun owner.
solid, rational post.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 07:57:36 AM »

Well random shooting sprees are not really that rare are they, wasn't there a mall shooting a couple weeks ago? then the cinema shooting a few months back...

It's obvious to all but a moron that these incidents keep happening because you have so many guns in circulation. Look at the rest of the developed world, these incidents are very rare and it is solely due to stricter gun laws.

And it's not just random shooting sprees , you have horrendous gun crime stats in general compared to Europe, your figs are more comparable with countries like Jamaica and Columbia .

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »

Well random shooting sprees are not really that rare are they, wasn't there a mall shooting a couple weeks ago? then the cinema shooting a few months back...

It's obvious to all but a moron that these incidents keep happening because you have so many guns in circulation. Look at the rest of the developed world, these incidents are very rare and it is solely due to stricter gun laws.

And it's not just random shooting sprees , you have horrendous gun crime stats in general compared to Europe, your figs are more comparable with countries like Jamaica and Columbia .

Yes, the number of deaths from mass shootings are minuscule in comparison to the number of deaths from other crimes or death from heart disease or cancer for that matter.   There are many problem with comparing other countries and their gun laws to the United States. You are essentially comparing apples and oranges.  The attitude toward guns in the United States is completely different than it is Europe or Asia.

The gun, for better or worse, is part of the American identity and culture, and that isn't going to change, no matter how many school shootings.  Hell, the founding fathers specifically wrote gun ownership into our Constitution.  We are never going to get guns out of circulation. History tells us over and over again, when you ban something criminals will fill the demand.  
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 08:17:34 AM »

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2012, 08:47:35 AM »
Yes it makes for more sense when arguing whether or not gun controls work, to point to Hitler, Castro, Amin etc rather than the current day leaders of Europe  ::)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »
::)
Yes, Mexico gets it's guns from us. Actually, from our own government in many cases.

Im 100% sure that if we banned firearms, that Mexico would simply refuse to sell their illegal firearms to Americans, just like they don't sell their illegal drugs to Americans. I mean, it makes such perfect sense.  ::)

We're not Australia. We'll never be Australia, unless the US somehow just manages to detach itself from Mexico and Canada. Until that day, criminals are going to have firearms.

It's not criminals that seem to be the problem though is it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »

Yes it is.  Acts like in CT are very rare. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2012, 09:16:13 AM »

Hey Pip whats the point of this one?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
Are you implying that someone that shoots his mother in the face and steals her guns to shoot up a school full of children is not a criminal? He evidently tried to buy a firearms and was rejected, but yet he found a way to acquire them and kill anyway.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »
But the billions and billions spent on "the war on terror" was right?  as the chances of you actually becoming a victim of terrorism were/are minute...

I don't know what the precise numbers are, but the money spent in the war on terror is right.  We have stopped numerous terrorist attacks since 9/11.  We are under a constant threat. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2012, 04:03:30 PM »
No one, including myself, said that nothing should be done. You are assuming many untrue sentiments. What I'm saying is in order to understand and rectify a situation you have to look at it rationally or run the risk of overreacting and doing the wrong thing.   If the American public had reacted more rationally and less emotionally in regards to terrorism the United States would never have gone to Iraq, spending billions on an unnecessary war.   

Incidents like the school shooting are very rare and are not the epidemic being portrayed by the media and gun control advocates.  You must understand the media promote these kinds of stories not out of concern for the public's well being but because they draw ratings and ratings equal advertising revenue. 

What we know from experience with prohibition is that when something is banned criminal enterprise will spring up to feed the demand.   By the way, I'm a liberal AND a gun owner.

yep...good post

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
Between 2006 and 2010 47,856 people were murdered in the U.S. by firearms, more than twice as many as were killed by all other means combined.

Sounds like a problem to me!
ABSOLUTE HORSE SHIT!!!!

cite your source brain child...

here you go just for your information...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353/ns/health-addictions/t/alcohol-linked-us-deaths-year/

"Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year ..."

"Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use."

LMFAO get a fuking clue!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »
E-Kul hates Americans, yet he takes major issue when we get killed.

???

We own his mind... hahahahaha  ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »
E-Kul hates Americans, yet he takes major issue when we get killed.

???

We own his mind... hahahahaha  ;D

And pit bulls
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
For E-kunt...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl08.xls

Notice that the amount of gun deaths have been declining even though the number of guns have been increasing...

Notice how they dont categorize drunk driving deaths as murder?

Drunk driving is far and away a bigger killer of innocent ppl yet you bleeding heart libtards arent ranting and raving about that are you?

Whys that?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
For E-kunt...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl08.xls

Notice that the amount of gun deaths have been declining even though the number of guns have been increasing...

Notice how they dont categorize drunk driving deaths as murder?

Drunk driving is far and away a bigger killer of innocent ppl yet you bleeding heart libtards arent ranting and raving about that are you?

Whys that?
That's because unlike Gun ownership, Cars serve a community benefit, everyone benefits from cars, trucks and the road transport system.  Guns serve an individuals selfish drives, that's it.  When considering laws citizens take into consideration the HARM VS GOOD to the Community ratio,  Guns cause more harm than good, where as CARS don't.  See the difference!
V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
 :D