Author Topic: Some powerlfiting clowns  (Read 8286 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: Some powerlfiting clowns
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 03:06:31 AM »
why would you pose like that if you are all torn up? at 22 no less.

Oh really?

That's prolly greatest powerlifter under 100kg right now in the world.

At 22 years of age his lifts are:
200kg (445lbs) bench.
355kg (789lbs) deadlift
260kg (578lbs) squat

RAW, at the weight of 93kg.

Those are real lifts in IPF sanctioned competition, he won world championships in IPF, which is I remind you a tested organisation with very strict rules.

There are tons of guys like him - if you have a weight class it's smart to be as lean as possible. More muscle and less fat = more strength.

Another, much better known beast:

So fat...

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 03:07:29 AM »
if a person cannot do one pull up, it's disgraceful. That means that they cannot pull their own body weight up. Think about that real hard.
A person should be able to pull themselves up, or push themselves up

Exactly.  However, the so called coach has problems grasping such a difficult concept.

Coach you are a fraud.  GB is sick and tired of your self opinionated diatribes

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 03:12:48 AM »
suits should be banned.. dont understand why they use them!!..

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 03:15:49 AM »
suits should be banned.. dont understand why they use them!!..

they justify the suit by sayin it's a saftey issue...lol...protects shoulders etc.  Yes, the suits are a joke.  So to is bouncing the bar off the chest etc. Powerlifting is a joke.  It has no credibility, full of fat pieces of shit.  But hey, Coach believes it is a sport...lol...Coach get a clue you irrelevant cum stain.

NO ABSENCE OF MUSCLE

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 03:25:15 AM »
suits, t shirts and the things put on hends for bigger deadlift power are simply cheating, why not go ahead and use a crane, then?

on deadlifts and particularly on shrugs i get brutal performance bost using straps.i couldnt believe the difference, much more than a cycle would grant.

just for comparison

true.  Powerlifting is just an excuse to be fat and undisciplined.  It is easy to gorge yourself day in and day out.  It is easy to put on a suit and do half rep lifts and confince yourself that you are working out.  All pathetic.  Yes coach, pathetic.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:00 AM »
depending on your body proportions a high bar full squat is only barely below parallel

i even seen this on bulgarian elite midgets

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 03:31:34 AM »
true.  Powerlifting is just an excuse to be fat and undisciplined.  It is easy to gorge yourself day in and day out.  It is easy to put on a suit and do half rep lifts and confince yourself that you are working out.  All pathetic.  Yes coach, pathetic.

Have you ever been to powerlifting competition?

I was and I saw these guys

And more. Everyone was shredded or at least lean. Fat guys competed in super heavy weight... Like 3-4 fat guys out there. Rest was under 15% bf.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 03:35:55 AM »
most everyone at 220 and under is lean, and most of the lighter dudes are ripped ie. sub-7

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
There lots of 240+ lb bodybuilders doing chins with ease.

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 04:16:14 AM »
i like powerlifting.
however there are alot guys in it who are just flat lard asses.also i think that since america is gotten fatter its obvious that that plenty of fat people think its the sport for them since so many others do it.
in the 70s 80s it seems the guys were leaner and more solid by a mile.not visble abs...but certainly in better shape.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:06 AM »
also, it makes no sense for the lighter guys to be fat, since muscle moves weight, not fat

ukjeff

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 04:33:22 AM »
also, it makes no sense for the lighter guys to be fat, since muscle moves weight, not fat
err..how does that explain the heavier guys having to be fat?
Whats the point of being fat at all?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 04:36:40 AM »
More Fat, also more muscle! Lean muscle mass is hard to put on.
V

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »

When building strength it is, for some reason, very good to eat ton of food. You don't use those calories anyway so they get stored as fat, but for some awkward reason it still makes a difference when it comes to strength  ???

I will compete under 74kg, I was 82kg at my fattest. Now I am dieting down and trying to maintain my strength. This is basicly how it's done in PL, I have no idea why, but maintaining weight is not as efficient.

Big guys don't have to diet down because of weight class so they don't bother.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 04:46:53 AM »

for the big guys ie. fellas that are over 220, added size, be it muscle of fat, improves leverage factors

a big fat belly will improve squatting ability, giving a leverage advantage, and a big fat torso will improve bench pressing ability, by decreasing the range of motion needed to complete a bench press

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 06:28:58 AM »
When you compete in powerlifting - you're not competing against the blimps, unless you are one.  It's a level playing field.  Sucking a judges dick isn't going to give you 10 more pounds on your squat.   If you feel inadequate, generally you'll fixate on the blimps because they are the ones who are lifting the most, but that's not how a meet works - those people are not considered "above" the lower weight categories.  In fact, generally, the "star" of a powerlifting meet is the guy with the highest bodyweight to lifts ratio.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 06:35:50 AM »
When building strength it is, for some reason, very good to eat ton of food. You don't use those calories anyway so they get stored as fat, but for some awkward reason it still makes a difference when it comes to strength  ???

I will compete under 74kg, I was 82kg at my fattest. Now I am dieting down and trying to maintain my strength. This is basicly how it's done in PL, I have no idea why, but maintaining weight is not as efficient.

Big guys don't have to diet down because of weight class so they don't bother.
it's true^^

eating a lot even tho the purpose seems unclear enhances strength

ukjeff

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
More Fat, also more muscle! Lean muscle mass is hard to put on.
yet the lighter guys have enough muscle, go figure.
for the big guys ie. fellas that are over 220, added size, be it muscle of fat, improves leverage factors
but not for the lighter guys????

a big fat belly will improve squatting ability, giving a leverage advantage, and a big fat torso will improve bench pressing ability, by decreasing the range of motion needed to complete a bench press
Shame Butterbean doesnt take up powerlifting, his ROM on bench would be around 3 inches.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 07:38:31 AM »
yet the lighter guys have enough muscle, go figure.but not for the lighter guys????
Shame Butterbean doesnt take up powerlifting, his ROM on bench would be around 3 inches.

lol

here's a lean big guy for ya ;)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »
raw is making a comeback.

everyone knows that Cole, kuc, kaz, reinhout, still rule and still have real records.

exactly. people are wasting their lives using the space suits

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »
you are still having difficultly grasping the concept of exercise funtionality. Furthermore, the fact that this is not included within the thread title is totally irrelevant.  Now you crawl back up your hairy ass.  YOu are irrelevant around here. bye bye anal wipe.

Ron's put you in TO, what? 10 times? Seems the lack of having a life along with me taking up real estate in your empty head has taken it's toll. When you're ready to debate this in a civil manner, then you may speak. But obviously you have your gimmick head clean up your ass.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
if a person cannot do one pull up, it's disgraceful. That means that they cannot pull their own body weight up. Think about that real hard.
A person should be able to pull themselves up, or push themselves up

Do you think everyone is built to squat or deadlift? Do you think everyone, with a mechanics dysfunction SHOULD squat or deadlift regardless?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »
Do you think everyone is built to squat or deadlift? Do you think everyone, with a mechanics dysfunction SHOULD squat or deadlift regardless?
Yes.

Maybe not competitively and there may be certain limitations, but I see nothing wrong with people following a natural plane of motion using their natural range of motion with weights.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
Yes.

Maybe not competitively and there may be certain limitations, but I see nothing wrong with people following a natural plane of motion using their natural range of motion with weights.

I don't believe that. At least not a loaded back squat. Front squat, goblet, maybe, but someone with, for example, kyphosis, hyper-kyphosis, no way. When we test out our athletes before they train with us, there are some that flat out are not built to squat.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »
some people do have trouble with squats and Deadlifts. People with long legs and back genrally have problems.. The best are the smaller thick set guys. Look at Franco he could Deadlift quite heavy. Do not think Tom Platz was that tall either..had a perfect body for squats