Author Topic: Health/support supplements on cycle (heart, bp, cholesterol, liver, etc...)  (Read 7276 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
I haven't seen a single thread on this topic specifically so...

I am year round since i got back on trt, never getting off again... so since i blast... it can become a concern. Especially on compounds like var and tren.

All aas generally is bad for cholesterol especially at the doses we run at.

So tell me your story :)

For liver I believe in UDCA. Some people advocate milk thistle although its mediocre and ALA.

ALA is also good for lowering LDL and raising HDL if I am not mistaken.

Fish oils - DHA/EPA are good for raising HDL.

Red Yeast Rice will lower LDL and raise HDL but it will also impair liver function so that's a concern I rather think of sometihng else.

Niacin is suppose to lower LDL but it will cause rashes/itsching/bad skin on 1g> ed

For heart health? Hawthorn Berry 2G+ ed?

What else?

I thought I'd open like so.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
For BP taking an AI should help I think as it lowers water weight. I take XPEL which is over the counter dieuretic it really helps with BP by lowering water weight. It's an OTC dieuretic no nothing like lasix... never tried lasix or had the need to as I don't compete.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Cardio and diet keeps blood pressure in check for me.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Since starting morning cardio for sure i drop lots of water weight like that throughout the day. It does help for sure.

No one else? Was hoping to put together a thread with info for everyone myself included for supports to run year round for health, as we know BBing is not exactly the healthiest of sports when taken seriously lol.

Oly15

• Getbig III
Ive got a lot I take some the same as you will post later when I get to a computer.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
This is a great thread.  I don't take many supplements, but i will elaborate on what i take and why later when i have a bit more time.

8)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Thanks to both of you :) Can't wait to hear what you have to share.

Oly15

• Getbig III
This is what I take:

Multi - general health and vitality

Hawthorn berry - this supp is what i use to keep my BP down. It works wonders for headaches. Whenever I have a headache I pop a few of them and it goes away soon. Awesome for heart health too.

Milk Thistle - everyone knows what this is. Take it everyday and when Im on orals I just double the dosage

Alpha Lipoic Acid - this "recharges" anti-oxidants in your body such as Vit C and many others. Not too sure how it works but this is a staple
in my stack for good health. It also replenishes glutathione levels in the liver. Great for cholesterol as well

Omega 3 - Another staple that I always take plenty of. Everyone knows the benefits of this. Wouldn't go without it.

Vitamin D3 - bone health, and is also used in the creation of 200 different peptides that are responsible for fighting bacteria and infections. I'm sure there are other benefits to this as well. This is probably one of the supps I know least about tbh.

Vitamin A & E - these are GREAT for the skin, I've noticed changes rapidly in my skin condition and smoothness when I started taking these. Make sure to take both of them and not just one as they are very synergistic when used in combination

Probiotics - I take these for digestive health. Most of your immune system is in your digestive system and the last thing you want is it to be overrun by the bad critters. Intestinal flora balance is extremely important and probiotics have improved my digestion more than anything else. Highly recommended

CoQ10 - Great for heart health and gum health and since its made in the liver people with livers that are strained or underfunctioning should take this as your natural production will probably be hindered

Chlorophyll pills - just for general cleansing and what not. Side effect: turns your shit green.

Thats all I can think of right now. Im sure theres more and will add to the list when I think of them.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
should mention dosages.

IZO

• Getbig II
ZINC

MAGNESIUM

VIT C

B-complex

D-Complex

OMEGA 3

Green Tea

Tons of broccoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Health/support supplements on cycle (heart, bp, cholesterol, liver, etc...)
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
the most important things for staying health are =

balancing out your meals in terms of PH. every meal should contain as much vegetables(or fruits) as it does meats/starches/fats. (not in terms of calories, but in terms of physical volume)

getting in at least 30 mins of good cardio everyday.

keeping saturated fat intake moderate/low, keeping your intake of processed foods minimal, and keeping totall calories reasonable.

lots of water.

and most importantly!!!!!  an open heart, open mind, positive outlook towards everything and everyone in life. (honestly, these psychological/spiritual factors play an absolutely massive part of maintaining good health. particularly cardiovascular health.)

lennythelunatic

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 09:57:34 AM »
I use Super Cycle and it seems to be pretty good I am on Test E 250 every 5 days with 80mg ed of Var. It has most of what you guys already listed.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »
^How much u paying. The life support that I posted seems to have more stuff per less pills. They had a sale on nutraplanet for 19 bux for a bottle!. Can't go wrong with it!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »
This:

lennythelunatic

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 07:26:30 AM »
Thats not bad I will def check that out. I think I pay $30 at Vit Shoppe but thats for 240 caps I take two morning noon and night so 6 daily, but the Magnessium helps with the back pumps from the Var, I also ofcourse include fish oil, multi & I like some probiotic to help with all the damm food we eat and because my son is wrestling right now so some of my meals post work out get pretty dirty since I am at his practice.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 09:10:07 PM »
liv52 for liver support

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »
First of all, don't eat like a cow and get so bloated that your blood pressure sky rockets.

Do a modest amount of cardio and drink plenty of water.

Eat realtively clean and make sure you get a ton of fruits and vegetables (as a rule, the vitamins and minerals you absorb from real food are processed and utilized much better than when they come in vitamin form, i.e. Vitamin C usually comes in the form of acsorbic acid, which the body doesn't handle particularly well).

Supplement with a super greens product (Green Vibrance has about everything) and take Liv52 for the liver when necessary.

Glass Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »
^To amend my previous post, make sure to consume lots of healthy oils too, i.e. olive oil, flax oil, coconut oil, natural peanut butter, etc.