Author Topic: Tim Tebow refuses to play on Sunday- Too Muscular to be accurate?  (Read 21933 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Tim Tebow refuses to play on Sunday- Too Muscular to be accurate?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 10:08:01 AM »
Lin is still pretty good though...

yeah, but he was unstoppable initially.  Then he went to just being a good player.

Tebow won a few of those games on sheer luck.  He won some on a good defense.  He won some because the D didn't know how to stop him from running.

I love an underdog, I am a big fan, BUT at the same time, I know he isn't accurate enough to be an NFL QB.  He can be a gimmick QB.  He can be a back.  A team can build around him, but he is going to break down in a year of running 20 times a game. 

If I'm a GM, I don't risk it.  And being a GM or coach isn't about starting the players with the best moral resume, it's about starting the players that can throw accurately at 30 yards.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 10:11:29 AM »
yeah, but he was unstoppable initially.  Then he went to just being a good player.

Tebow won a few of those games on sheer luck.  He won some on a good defense.  He won some because the D didn't know how to stop him from running.

I love an underdog, I am a big fan, BUT at the same time, I know he isn't accurate enough to be an NFL QB.  He can be a gimmick QB.  He can be a back.  A team can build around him, but he is going to break down in a year of running 20 times a game. 

If I'm a GM, I don't risk it.  And being a GM or coach isn't about starting the players with the best moral resume, it's about starting the players that can throw accurately at 30 yards.

That's true

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
be silent, old b e a n e r.  the defense took them to 2 play offs while the offense avg 6 pts per game and as many turnovers.

Good post...The defense and the kicker are the reason the Bronco's made the playoffs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
Sanchez took them to two playoffs. Hardly a fraud

2 afc championships... and won on the road while doing so...

also.. This season.. you lose your number 1 corner.... lose your number 1 wide out, dont have a running back to speak of (Greene is awful).. you wont be successful..

the Jets got bit by the injury bug.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »
they had a D, a line, and a running game those years.   they're poor all over now.  sanchise will do great in Philly. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »
All teams now know how to make the option(wildcat) a much tougher play to gain yards on when that's the QB's bread and butter... They are now trained to commit to the QB every single time and make him pitch the ball. To play the QB and not the ball. Which means that Tebow can't move the ball himself at all. When Tebow was with the Bronco's, teams weren't committing to Tebow and that allowed Tebow to fake a pitch and gain a lot of yards. Those day's are now over. The option play goes from a 50% success rate down to about 10% when you play the QB... And when you can't really throw the ball. Game Over! Also when the QB pitches the ball, the man covering the QB gets a free shot at the QB. So you wrap him up and drive him to the ground every time. Make him pay.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »
Tebow was a great college quarterback, but in the NFL you have to be an accurate passer in order to be successful long term.

Give the man his credit, he won a couple of games in Denver.  But look at his #s there, there is no way to sustain that over the course or season. 

NFL teams will just put 9 men in the box and dare him to throw.

I

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
Tebow was a great college quarterback, but in the NFL you have to be an accurate passer in order to be successful long term.

Give the man his credit, he won a couple of games in Denver.  But look at his #s there, there is no way to sustain that over the course or season. 

NFL teams will just put 9 men in the box and dare him to throw.

Like the Pats did in the playoff ass whoopin they handed denver

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
Tebow is a winner..... plain and simple.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
send him to jacksonville and bring in june jones, give him a spread, something like warren moon worked in.  TT can't make the throw, because he can't do the classic drop, which gave moon problems also.  the touch and timing will come, once he is relaxed in a system.  denver was a fix job, not a system.  i'm not a fan, but he can QB a winning team, if the system is right.  

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 01:30:42 PM »
send him to jacksonville and bring in june jones, give him a spread, something like warren moon worked in.  TT can't make the throw, because he can't do the classic drop, which gave moon problems also.  the touch and timing will come, once he is relaxed in a system.  denver was a fix job, not a system.  i'm not a fan, but he can QB a winning team, if the system is right.  

The Jets are going to cut Tebow, Jacksonville knows this and so will not trade for him. 
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
i just can't see any GM (aside from JAX which has nothing to lose and will probably be leaving town anyway) risking it all one one guy - a slow QB who can scramble.

If tebow plays full-time for 1 year, he will be dinged up beyond belief.  If he plays 3, he's injured and out of the league.

If he gets injured, the team has to completely change up the system for the new guy.

Finally, imagine the LOWlights each week, as we see Tebow miss 3 or 5 wide open passes every week.  Embarassing for team, frustrating to wide recievers that he continually hangs out to get smashed.  There are punters with more throwing accuracy than Tebow.  I like the winning, underdog thing... but if I'm an owner, the negatives are just too high. force him to throw and it's Pick City, every week.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 03:44:36 PM »
i just can't see any GM (aside from JAX which has nothing to lose and will probably be leaving town anyway) risking it all one one guy - a slow QB who can scramble.

If tebow plays full-time for 1 year, he will be dinged up beyond belief.  If he plays 3, he's injured and out of the league.

If he gets injured, the team has to completely change up the system for the new guy.

Finally, imagine the LOWlights each week, as we see Tebow miss 3 or 5 wide open passes every week.  Embarassing for team, frustrating to wide recievers that he continually hangs out to get smashed.  There are punters with more throwing accuracy than Tebow.  I like the winning, underdog thing... but if I'm an owner, the negatives are just too high. force him to throw and it's Pick City, every week.

If Tebow puts butts in seats and the Jags become a decent team again, the owner probably isn't going anywhere. Tebow played 13 games in 2011 and seems to be just fine. He can deliver punishment as well as he can take it. Notice on some of his scrambles how some corners aren't all that eager to try and bring him down.

Ask the Vikings, Steelers, and Raiders where all those "lowlights" were, when Tebow went to work on them.

Now imagine if Tebow gets some big receivers who can catch (how many TDs or near TDs did Denaryius Thomas DROP, when Tebow hit him dead in the hands or between the 8s on his jersey?).

Give him some Vincent-Jackson-type guys and draft a back, as Jones-Drew will likely be gone. That will help him out big time.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »

If tebow plays full-time for 1 year, he will be dinged up beyond belief.  If he plays 3, he's injured and out of the league.

Finally, imagine the LOWlights each week, as we see Tebow miss 3 or 5 wide open passes every week.  Embarassing for team, frustrating to wide recievers that he continually hangs out to get smashed.  There are punters with more throwing accuracy than Tebow.  I like the winning, underdog thing... but if I'm an owner, the negatives are just too high. force him to throw and it's Pick City, every week.

???

65% passer, so i'm not getting this.  the issue is, he can't drop back, set and pitch with accuracy, which was an issue for warren moon coming out of college.  hence, houston built a system for him, and the rest is potential hall of fame history.  june jones systems are similar to what he ran at florida.  take the shot or short snap and eliminate the 3-5 steps.  

as far as injury, RGIII, just as reckless but smaller, will be on IR before TT.

2006   Florida   SEC   FR   QB   22   33   66.7   358   10.8   12.5   5   1   201.7
2007   Florida   SEC   SO   QB   234   350   66.9   3286   9.4   10.4   32   6   172.5
2008   Florida   SEC   JR   QB   192   298   64.4   2746   9.2   10.6   30   4   172.4

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
2 afc championships... and won on the road while doing so...

also.. This season.. you lose your number 1 corner.... lose your number 1 wide out, dont have a running back to speak of (Greene is awful).. you wont be successful..

the Jets got bit by the injury bug.

We shall see next year. Mark Sanchez is a slightly better version of Matt Leinart, nothing more.

Both will be NFL QB failures from the University of Spoiled Children.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
He is a better player than anyone here and the proof is in his having made it to the NFL.  The thing that seems to bother some people is that he wears his faith and wears it well.

That seems to wear them down.  Get over it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »
i like the fact that he is bold in his beliefs and willing to take heat for what he believes in.
I like the fact that hs is a winner.  I like the fact that he's an underdog that has had an amazing run.

But I would never build a 100 mil dollar franchise around him.  Too one-sided in his game.  Pats can stop him, anyone can stop him now.  He's only good in the 4th Q when people play prevent defense.  He won't see prevent defense again.  He was terrible in his snaps with NYJ this year, terrible in practice according to teammates.  The only hope among his supporters is that he would somehow "bring it" in a game somehow.  He had snaps this year and looked awful.

Defenses know how to stop him now.  They did it all year.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he was out of the league within 2 years.  If Jacksonville doesn't take him, there will be zero interest from the rest of the league.  He's a great football player, but plays the wrong position. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »
???

65% passer, so i'm not getting this.  the issue is, he can't drop back, set and pitch with accuracy, which was an issue for warren moon coming out of college.  hence, houston built a system for him, and the rest is potential hall of fame history.  june jones systems are similar to what he ran at florida.  take the shot or short snap and eliminate the 3-5 steps.  

as far as injury, RGIII, just as reckless but smaller, will be on IR before TT.

2006   Florida   SEC   FR   QB   22   33   66.7   358   10.8   12.5   5   1   201.7
2007   Florida   SEC   SO   QB   234   350   66.9   3286   9.4   10.4   32   6   172.5
2008   Florida   SEC   JR   QB   192   298   64.4   2746   9.2   10.6   30   4   172.4

No... the Fun and gun vs the Spread are very different...

And yeah he threw for 65% in college.. but ive seen a real game.. a real football game,,.. where he went 1-18 to start the game.. are you shittin me

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
His response to any coach should be "I'm just happy to have a job - put me wherever you need me, coach!" and let the fans be the ones yelling that he should be at QB.  He'd get a nice pass or two surprise each game, like that steelers WR who is always tossing TD passes.  Find a nice niche like that.  Be one of those "TeeeeeBowwww" guys like Moose or Deuce that the crowd screams for every time.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 08:10:10 AM »

And yeah he threw for 65% in college.. but ive seen a real game.. a real football game,,.. where he went 1-18 to start the game.. are you shittin me

;D

all i'm saying is, put in him a system fit for him over the next 2 years in jacksonville. maybe he isnt a 15-20 yd down field guy, but he can hit the 5-10 yd slants and outs, and screens.  on top of that, if the defense is spread, you give him  gaps to run and slide (RGIII and TT need to figure this part of the game out.).  he'd need a damn good RB, who can run draws and traps and catch 40 balls out the backfield.  i'd put money he put jacksonville back on the map.  if i was the owner, i'd snap him up for the stadium seats alone.  then, put a committee together and get the right offensive coordinator to give him 40-50 plays he can manage a game with.  

like i said, denver and ny were not built for him.

what doesn't jacksonville have to loose?  they are already a dog franchise.  it's a positive acquisition for them, no matter how you look at it.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
  He seems like a homosexual
tebow wins games, period.

After reading the comments and watching that video, i feel if Layne Norton were a quarterback it would look something like this.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
Tim Tebow is on his way to Jacksonville, doesn't matter that he is not a NFL Quarterback, he will still sell tickets. He is beloved there!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »

His NFL career completion % is only 48% which is very bad.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »
His NFL career completion % is only 48% which is very bad.

Not with a greater than 2-1 TD-to-INT ratio and, most importantly, a WINNING RECORD.

I thought wins and losses were what mattered in NFL football, not style points.