Author Topic: I don't get holidays  (Read 1114 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
I don't get holidays
« on: December 25, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »
Sun rises, sun goes down, sun rises again.  It's a day.  

Presumably, what you honor, you honor every day.  If you're thankful to the war dead then you don't need a Memorial Day to remind you to think about them.  If you're religious then you're equally religious every day.  If you hate your job, you're going to hate it just as much on Monday as you did on Friday.

I can dig the origins but we're not farmers, with planting and harvesting festivals anymore.  We're not burning fat and bones on an altar to appease the gods for fear of lightning.  One day is the same as the next anymore, more or less. It's just an agreed convention at this point devoid of any meaning beyond your own investment in it.  Is there such a thing as an actual occasion anymore or is it all just bullshit at this point?

PS- Merry Christmas, Getbig.  Have a day.

Stefano

• Getbig III
Re: I don't get holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:28:02 PM »

Presumably, what you honor, you honor every day.  If you're thankful to the war dead then you don't need a Memorial Day to remind you to think about them.  If you're religious then you're equally religious every day.  If you hate your job, you're going to hate it just as much on Monday as you did on Friday.

I can dig the origins but we're not farmers, with planting and harvesting festivals anymore.  We're not burning fat and bones on an altar to appease the gods for fear of lightning.  One day is the same as the next anymore, more or less. It's just an agreed convention at this point devoid of any meaning beyond your own investment in it.  Is there such a thing as an actual occasion anymore or is it all just bullshit at this point?

Good grief. How much have you been drinking?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »

Not getting laid that much are you champ.
P

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »

yes

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »

Exactly everyday pretty much same as the last.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »

Yea so what?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »

It is probably just bullshit as you say. However, holidays do break up the monotony of all the other days. Not only that, many folks actually get a break from their work routine. I am retired. In a sense, every day is a holiday for me.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »
  What you honor, you honor every day.

Exactly.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
many celebrate christmas and believe they are celebrating the birthday of christ, but actually they are celebrating a satanic pagan holiday, smdh, sad so many are so brainwashed 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
I don't get holidays

How come? Are the Holidays avoiding you?

Never a free time?