Author Topic: What makes you think you matter or are important?  (Read 712 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
What makes you think you matter or are important?
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
So over a few years I've lost some friends, relations, pets etc, done most things in life people are supposed to check off to do.Seeing these people pass, the mourning for a week or so then life carrying on like they never existed is probably the realist reality check I've had to the meaningless of it all.Im not unhappy but many days do wonder to the "point".So what makes you mentally justify some significance to this world?Does religion give you faith?Kids make you believe that your existence is relevant?Power or money?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: What makes you think you matter or are important?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »
Posting my witty comments on GetBig makes life worth living...

for you guys.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
In the grand scheme of things, I know I am not important. That is, the universe would keep on ticking along even if I died. I like to think I am important to select individuals.

"At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.”
X

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »
Why does their have to be a point?  People come, people go.  Life goes up, life goes down.  We sometimes smile, we sometimes frown.  Everything is in a state of flux and whatever mood you are in today, is sure to change soon enough.  Give yourself permission to feel whatever you want, it's your life.  Happiness isn't guaranteed, the best you can do is create and cultivate an environment where happiness can come, a bit like a garden, you create the conditions necessary for good growth and leave the rest to nature, but even when we cultivate such conditions, it doesn't mean that we are immune to outside interference.
V

MikMaq

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
Meh we live in a society that is designed to put emphasis on the importance of the individual. I.E. your important you should have, nice clothes, a nice car, and an expensive coffin.

It's all a bunch of bullshit. The one fact of happiness is that you cannot have a long term attachment to an entity that starts dying once it reaches maturity(you).

Being selfish when your young is great, but once you pass 25-30 it becomes a lost cause.

Virtually everyone of my friends is miserable in early adulthood, and it's all based on the principle of them not being so happy with themselves. People think that this is something that should be fixed, but the reality is that being less self involved isn't just a virtue, it's pragmatically the best way to look out for yourself and develop long lasting relationships.

However this way of thinking isn't good for the economy, one tends to spend money only on things they need like food and shelter, the service based economy requires narcissism.

This effect of course is super extreme on men, who by design should focus more on their partners needs not theirs.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
I like to make alot of money doing honest work but not spend much of it, when or if i die my contribution in assets will be legendary

i do this for the possibility of there being a god, ill say god look at all this wealth i have created only to give it all away, now can i please get into heaven sir?

im starting to get into recyling more trash i feel this will also boost my karma
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 09:17:33 PM »
I dont, that's why I post on here.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
My small brown cat walks on me in the morning, to let her out or to put food in the little dish. That makes me think I'm important.
a