Author Topic: Dos Santos versus Velasquez - Call It  (Read 6538 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Dos Santos versus Velasquez - Call It
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »
  I got the first one right... and now you got the second one right...

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
junior looked overweight and sluggish, but he fought right to the end like it was his last fight. throwing elbows while grabbing the fence, totally gassed out lol.

didn't expect this outcome at all :-\

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
Called cain would win GNP round 1...had the opportunity there run out a time in the 1st, 25mins is a REAL LONG time to keep on fighting @ 239-240lbs :o... especially after gassing within the first 10mins, Junior showed alot of Guts and Character to keep going and Cain Kept the constant pressure going long after he had Gassed, good Solid Fight.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »
junior looked overweight and sluggish, but he fought right to the end like it was his last fight. throwing elbows while grabbing the fence, totally gassed out lol.

My first though when I saw JDS was how shitty he looked. Disappointed to hear Cain won (i fell asleep watching and my recording cut out before the end of the fight like it seems to do every single f&*%ing time!).

I see this as a blip for JDS. I don't think Cain is one of these fighter's who's gonna remain as the man to beat for a long stretch.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:03 AM »
My first though when I saw JDS was how shitty he looked. Disappointed to hear Cain won (i fell asleep watching and my recording cut out before the end of the fight like it seems to do every single f&*%ing time!).

I see this as a blip for JDS. I don't think Cain is one of these fighter's who's gonna remain as the man to beat for a long stretch.

x2

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 07:00:41 AM »
Cain = brown pride ..

Solid performance by Cain...

Dos Santos was to cocky leading up to the fight... he got schooled / pwned ...

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
Completely owned.. Not even a round went to him..

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 09:19:01 AM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »

Reem vs. Cain will be a great fight..
Hopefully reem doesn't fail anymore drug tests...

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2012, 09:30:03 AM »

dragonfist

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »

Complete owning. One judge scored two of the rounds 10-8

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 11:50:29 AM »

Cain will pay for that!  >:(

*puts on his tapout apparel and heads off to private jet*

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »
the heavyweight division is a complete disaster these days  ...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
That was a fantastic fight.

Even though Cain dominated every round, I will say that Dos Santos is a fucking fighter.  Strangely enough, I found that Dos Santos' striking was nowhere near as good as it usually is.

This is just a clear example of what happens when one fighter just brings his A game and the other, while close enough to it, falls short.

The mere fact that this fight went the full five rounds is testament to the fact that both of these guys are powerhouses in their own rights.  Both of which came into the fight with only but one loss to their name.

I see a rematch in their future and I think Dos Santos could take back his belt, so as long as he brings his topnotch striking back into the mix.

If Alistair Overeem and Cain do fight next and Cain defeats him, it would be a fair assumption to make in stating that Cain is by far the best heavyweight in the world.

"1"

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
That was a fantastic fight.

Even though Cain dominated every round, I will say that Dos Santos is a fucking fighter.  Strangely enough, I found that Dos Santos' striking was nowhere near as good as it usually is.

This is just a clear example of what happens when one fighter just brings his A game and the other, while close enough to it, falls short.

The mere fact that this fight went the full five rounds is testament to the fact that both of these guys are powerhouses in their own rights.  Both of which came into the fight with only but one loss to their name.

I see a rematch in their future and I think Dos Santos could take back his belt, so as long as he brings his topnotch striking back into the mix.

If Alistair Overeem and Cain do fight next and Cain defeats him, it would be a fair assumption to make in stating that Cain is by far the best heavyweight in the world.

"1"
jr is not going to beat cain

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2012, 01:52:59 PM »
I think we saw the real jr last night and the real Cain.. Jr will not get the belt back especially from Cain

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
JDS will be rewarded later for his loyalty to the UFC. He was told to take a dive so Dana can better concentrate on the emerging Mexican market. Note the coverage of the Mexican flags in the audience, mouth guards, Dana's ok of the luchador masks, down playing of the 'brown stain' tattoo, etc. The next TUF is in Mexico and they're trying to fill it 100% with Mexican fighters. Junior never lifted his hands above his waist for fucks sake.

Corruption in fighting has been going on forever and the UFC is no different. Some of the Pride fights were down right comical.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »

Junior looked overweight?   LOL.   Get some glasses!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
Junior never got a chance to reset and implement his own game plan. He got completely taken out of his element. I thought he'd have been better prepared for Cain's wrestling. I didn't pick a favorite for this but would have been more inclined to pick Junior if i had.  

There were no surprises with Cain. He did exactly what everyone expected him to do. Set a blistering pace and close the distance and never give junior the space to throw. Problem was because of the hype behind junior very few people thought he'd pull it off.

A couple of things in Juniors favor if and when they meet again.

He can weather Cain's strikes. His corner was screaming at him to keep his hands up but Junior had nothing left and ended up absorbing a majority of Cains strikes. The plus point - Cain couldn't KO him despite throwing and connecting with  some nasty punches and kicks. Junior (after the fight) was more impressed by Cains wrestling than his strikes.

He was able to stand back up every time Cain took him down. Couldnt do much else once he was back on his feet but Cain couldnt hold him down. If he can make Cain pay in the clinch with a variety of attacks it may work in his favor. So far he relies more on his boxing to pull off a win and doesnt mix it up much.

The first time around Junior was able to take Cain out of his gameplan and this time Cain returned the favor.
Junior will probably have to win a couple more before they face off again but there arent any in the HW division that could pose a credible threat for Junior when he works his way back up. Dan Cormier maybe? Overeem will match up with Cain if he survives bigfoot.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
jr is not going to beat cain

I know..

What was I thinking!?!

It's not as if Junior Dos Santos has ever beaten Cain in a definitive fashion, say by possibly knocking him out seconds into the first round of a fight.

Who knows what will happen..
"1"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2012, 06:37:56 PM »
I know..

What was I thinking!?!

It's not as if Junior Dos Santos has ever beaten Cain in a definitive fashion, say by possibly knocking him out seconds into the first round of a fight.

Who knows what will happen..
"1"
Lol.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2012, 08:02:31 PM »
Junior looked overweight?   LOL.   Get some glasses!

looked heavier than usual to me, and it was evident he was out of shape when he gassed in the first minute of the fight.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:13 PM »
looks like he turned into John C. Reilly for a second here

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
  They are both at least Brown Belt in BJJ... so I would like to see them go there