Author Topic: Joe Rogan is a fucking idiot.  (Read 26099 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Joe Rogan is a fucking idiot.
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
Joe Rogan is not an intellectual.

I've met Joe Rogan before at 10th Planet Jiujitsu down in LA, while training with Eddie Bravo for a week.  He is a very VERY nice guy, but an intellectual he is not and HE will also make sure to state that to any person that assumes as such.

He is one of those individuals with a type A personality that is intense about everything, but does not push his agenda onto you, unless you possibly know him at a personal level.

From the outside looking in, as someone who is certainly not in his circle of friends, he appeared to be nice enough.

"1"
Nobody claimed he was an Intellectual!
V

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 12:02:04 PM »
Nobody claimed he was an Intellectual!

With all due respect sir..

Joe Rogan is an intelligent genuine REAL MAN who is pretty funny also, he tends to be disliked by those whose IQ is in the double digits and are intimidated by his confidence and honesty.

Definition by Merriam-Webster:

Definition of INTELLIGENT (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intelligent):

b: guided or directed by intellect : rational

Definition of Intellectual (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intellectual)

a: of or relating to the intellect or its use

b: developed or chiefly guided by the intellect rather than by emotion or experience : rational

"1"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
Joe Rogan is a good commentator.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »
With all due respect sir..

Definition by Merriam-Webster:

Definition of INTELLIGENT (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intelligent):

b: guided or directed by intellect : rational

Definition of Intellectual (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intellectual)

a: of or relating to the intellect or its use

b: developed or chiefly guided by the intellect rather than by emotion or experience : rational

"1"
An Intelligent person would understand the subtle differences between the definitions of the word intelligent and intellectual.  The term intelligent can be used to describe anyone with broad understanding, problem solving ability and self awareness.  The term Intellectual is generally reserved for a scholarly man, while intellectuals need not necessarily be actively involved in scholarship, they often have an academic background and will typically have an association with a profession.  The usage of the word Intellectual is usually reserved for academics who excel in their field, like Noam Chomsky, and usually wouldn't be applied to stand up comedians or MMA colour commentators.
V

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
An Intelligent person would understand the subtle differences between the definitions of the word intelligent and intellectual.

One must not insult peaceful inhibitants of this forum by way of employing sly, tongue-in-cheek remarks.

The term intelligent can be used to describe anyone with broad understanding, problem solving ability and self awareness.  The term Intellectual is generally reserved for a scholarly man, while intellectuals need not necessarily be actively involved in scholarship, they often have an academic background and will typically have an association with a profession.  The usage of the word Intellectual is usually reserved for academics who excel in their field, like Noam Chomsky, and usually wouldn't be applied to stand up comedians or MMA colour commentators.

That's your feeling on the matter.  Maybe a "gut" feeling..

I'm sorry, but the mere definition of Intellectual could easily be used to describe Joe Rogan.

Definition of INTELLECTUAL

a: of or relating to the intellect or its use:  He uses intellect to develop his comedic skits and delivers a form of entertainment.

b: developed or chiefly guided by the intellect rather than by emotion or experience : rational If you ever listen to his podcasts, you can tell that he is someone that appreciates being able to prove something based off of facts as opposed to "gut" feelings or emotions.

c: requiring use of the intellect <intellectual games> Ever rolled on the mat with a proficient Jiujitsu practitioner?  It's like a game of chess.

a: given to study, reflection, and speculation Again, listen to his podcast and you will see all three attributes in play

b: engaged in activity requiring the creative use of the intellect <intellectual playwrights> See definition of comedian

"1"

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Aren't you the crazy GUN NUT who claims to be a victim every time some one takes a GUN and kills a bunch of people?, aren't you that CRAZY GUN NUT who is desperately afraid and paranoid to the point you believe your government is after you and that home invaders are watching your house as we speak?  Aren't you that crazy GUN NUT who defends vigilantes when they MURDER innocent people and claim self defence?  One thing is for sure, you are a GUN NUT!and I'm not afraid of GUNS at all, I am afraid of unstable obsessional people stockpiling weapons because they fear their government is about to enslave the population and also hold a paranoid irrational fear that their home is about to be invaded any moment now and to overcome this bizarre cluster of mental illness, they create a false sense of security for themselves by owning an arsenal of high powered weapons.  You know, like the average Gun Nutter Nancy Lanza.  She seems as good an example as any to hold up AS A POSTER CHILD FOR PARANOID DELUSIONAL GUN NUTS!  Maybe if she had more guns everything would have been OK.   ::)

You are the one who assumes that he is inherently superior to all gun owners because obviously owning a gun = no balls.
all drugs - TPPIIP

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »
By the way, I have no qualms with you E-kul.  

I've just met Rogan in the past and know from that small encounter that at best he is a nice guy, who does prefer to use intellect when expressing himself and sharing his beliefs.

I also have great respect for comics.  I find that it takes a lot of courage and testicular fortitude to step onto a stage with the goal of making hundreds, if not thousands, of people laugh with humor that dives into the realm of politics, religion and societal norms (realms that respectively require not only a certain level of intellect to objectively grasp, but an intellectual approach of study to then be capable of presenting it to the masses, even if the masses come by way of a stadium filled with comedy fans).

If you ever listen to the late George Carlin, to state that his humor was nothing but intellectual in nature would be absurd.  His ability to simplify the biggest taboo issues of the world required not only sound intellect, but profound intellectual study.

Just one gay man's opinion though..
"1"

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »
Since Goldberg was out with the AIDS, Rogan had to work with Anik. This made the commentary worse than normal. Rogan definitely seemed off.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »
Joe Rogan attended UMASS at a time when the CIA was doing heavy recruiting at that school. Oddly enough Joe Rogan dropped out. He's also been on HGH for over 10 years straight and his noggin is starting to take on the size of Wong Hong's.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »
Irrational fear of GUNS!, WTF your feminine like exaggeration of other peoples view is the very reason men like you with this emasculate highly emotive view of the world shouldn't own guns.  Joe takes the piss out of GUN NUTS like you, he only just started Hunting with a GUN with the express purpose of eating what he caught, and I have expressed clearly, this is a legitimate reason for the use of a gun, as opposed to paranoid rednecks who live in constant fear of ambush or their government enslaving the population collecting an arsenal of guns and constantly and offensively defending their need to do so.

Meltdown  ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »

can someone explain what thoughts are circulating his brain at this point in the vid
A

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »

I've met Joe Rogan before at 10th Planet Jiujitsu down in LA, while training with Eddie Bravo for a week.  He is a very VERY nice guy, but an intellectual he is not and HE will also make sure to state that to any person that assumes as such.

He is one of those individuals with a type A personality that is intense about everything, but does not push his agenda onto you, unless you possibly know him at a personal level.

From the outside looking in, as someone who is certainly not in his circle of friends, he appeared to be nice enough.

"1"
Did you actually roll with Eddie and/or Joe? Did you perhaps slip a digit in Joe's bum bum?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »
Did you actually roll with Eddie and/or Joe? Did you perhaps slip a digit in Joe's bum bum?

I didn't roll with Joe.  I did roll with Eddie and was trying to learn their rubber guard, but, unfortunately, I am not as flexible as some of those guys.

Joe was nice enough to point out how he managed to pick up the rubber guard and what I can do if I truly wanted to adopt the technique.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
  He actually makes a lot of mistakes... but he admits it (Whizzer is NOT a Wizard, etc.,)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:28 PM »
can someone explain what thoughts are circulating his brain at this point in the vid

Probably a gyrating mental turd of "Boy, ain't I adorably hyper".

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
I didn't roll with Joe.  I did roll with Eddie and was trying to learn their rubber guard, but, unfortunately, I am not as flexible as some of those guys.

Joe was nice enough to point out how he managed to pick up the rubber guard and what I can do if I truly wanted to adopt the technique.

"1"
Sounds like a good time. That rubber guard looks like you need extreme flexibility. Either Varner or Miller tried last night and could not get it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
how has this topic lasted 3 pages...

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »
He has some good podcasts-webcasts on youtube. Very intradasting guests.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
joe rogan is the man

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 08:14:05 PM »

I'm sorry, but the mere definition of Intellectual could easily be used to describe Joe Rogan.

Make up your mind

One must not insult peaceful inhibitants of this forum by way of employing sly, tongue-in-cheek remarks.

Sorry, Bad habit, sometimes when dealing with multiple doucehbags at one time, a zinger gets directed at a neutral observer.  It is apparent now, that you aren't an angry teenage douchbeag looking for attention unlike some of the posters in this thread.
V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
  Joe is a good guy. Loves PED too.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »
hes aight. very knowledgeable but can be emotional. still prefer rutten and quadros.