Author Topic: to glucose or not to glucose  (Read 2328 times)

enhancer

• Getbig II
to glucose or not to glucose
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
hi ,i was watching a v.t and a well know bb claims that if you use a fast acting carb directly after training.it will stop your natural growth hormone working,and that he suggest using a good source of whey protein and bc of a.a only.then 25mins later have some carbs .any ones views on this plz? ???

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: to glucose or not to glucose
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:53:01 PM »
hGH output thrives in a biological environment that is low in carbs, low in fatty acids, and high in (certain) amino acids.
Resistance exercise facilitates growth hormone release from the adenohypophysis.

The presence of carbs will attenuate the growth hormone response to exercise.

If your goal is to increase circulating hGH levels through exercise (such as with German Body Composition/Lactic Acid training), then I would steer cleer of carbs.
If hGH is of little or no concern to you, then my preference would be consuming fast-acting carbs around the workout.

enhancer

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »
thanks for info,think i should keep well away from fast acting carbs,as i need that full gh release in my bodybuilding training,to grow ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »
Do squats and get plenty of sleep.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
thanks for info,think i should keep well away from fast acting carbs,as i need that full gh release in my bodybuilding training,to grow ;D

It takes quite a bit of hGH to experience skeletal muscle tissue growth - probably more than you can optimally accomplish naturally. It will help you lean out some, as well as provide other benefits that are seen with lower-dose exogenous growth hormone use.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »
Do squats and get plenty of sleep.

Good!!
I'd like to add: higher-end reps for squats as well as other big, multi-joint compound exercises to produce lactic acid buildup in the blood. This is the heart of the very effective lactic acid training methodology.
German research has learned that the lactic acid pathway is more effective than the aerobic pathway for fat-burning because of the hGh response.

As for sleep, I've mentioned on here several times the benefits of sleep on hGH levels, as well as supplements and other practices to improve sleep architecture.
If anyone is interested, search the Nutrition board with keywords like circadian rhythmicity, delta wave sleep, melatonin, GABA, and Montague.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »

Good!!
I'd like to add: higher-end reps for squats as well as other big, multi-joint compound exercises to produce lactic acid buildup in the blood. This is the heart of the very effective lactic acid training methodology.
German research has learned that the lactic acid pathway is more effective than the aerobic pathway for fat-burning because of the hGh response.

As for sleep, I've mentioned on here several times the benefits of sleep on hGH levels, as well as supplements and other practices to improve sleep architecture.
If anyone is interested, search the Nutrition board with keywords like circadian rhythmicity, delta wave sleep, melatonin, GABA, and Montague.

can you read me a bedtime story?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »

can you read me a bedtime story?

Watching Bob Ross on old Joy of Painting episodes is an excellent pre-bedtime ritual to induce a relaxed, almost catatonic state.

Achieving orgasm is also effective. Whether you do this alone or with a partner, it is not recommended to engage this endeavor while watching Bob Ross.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 03:39:53 AM »

Watching Bob Ross on old Joy of Painting episodes is an excellent pre-bedtime ritual to induce a relaxed, almost catatonic state.

Achieving orgasm is also effective. Whether you do this alone or with a partner, it is not recommended to engage this endeavor while watching Bob Ross.

TMI

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:15 AM »

TMI

It's even more disturbing if you read that post in Morgan Freeman's voice.