Author Topic: Escaping the Communists  (Read 3854 times)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
Escaping the Communists
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »

Soooo.... what a full 180 degrees world has turned  ;D

Legendary French actor Gerard Depardieu, very rich man, has applied Rossiyan citizenship in order to escape communists in his home country (and almost everywhere else these days) wanting to socialize the income this man has himself generated by hard work!
Now Rossiyan Federation has officially granted the man a Russian passport.

RF has flat 13% income tax rate. No matter if you make a billion or 100 dollars a year.

"“Yes, I have applied for a passport and I am glad my request has been granted,” Depardieu said in a letter to Russian journalists posted on the website of Russian federal TV Channel 1."

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130104/178574341/Gerard_Depardieu_Glad_To_Get_Russian.html

8) 8)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Escaping the Communists
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »
That man will not be denied his right to drunkenly piss in the aisles of airplanes, so help him god.
G

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:47:52 PM »

RF has flat 13% income tax rate. No matter if you make a billion or 100 dollars a year.

cool, was not aware

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »
cool, was not aware

Yea, many are not aware of that.... old images stick deep.

Recently Finnish "nuclear safety office" chairman got a job at Russian Rosatom, world's largest nuclear power technology exporter. Bet he's collecting decent retirement fund atm too  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:20 PM »
All he's doing is trying to help push the One World agenda.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »
nice, I might apply as well, but I need to be able to bring my pets

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 01:07:05 AM »
How do I get a Russian passport?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 01:57:46 AM »
usa is more communist these days than the usssr was.they just dont realize.

oh, the 75% tax rate was labeled unconstitutional by french supreme court, but depardieu was right in doing this either way.

yep, it sure as hell is

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 02:07:18 AM »
Once you reach a certain wealth, where you live makes no difference in terms of conveniences. If I was a billionaire I would definitely do something like this if I lived in a high tax rate country. I'm still a peon though in the grand scheme of things so my standard of living would go down moving to Russia and getting a job with the lower tax rate compared to the US

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 04:40:28 AM »
usa is more communist these days than the usssr was.they just dont realize.

oh, the 75% tax rate was labeled unconstitutional by french supreme court, but depardieu was right in doing this either way.

Absolutely.
Governments must be shown that they need to cut the disproportional spending fest of theirs.
People are ready to pay just that much.
I'm all supportive for collecting taxes to fund the wellbeing-society but there are limits!

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 04:47:18 AM »
Once you reach a certain wealth, where you live makes no difference in terms of conveniences. If I was a billionaire I would definitely do something like this if I lived in a high tax rate country. I'm still a peon though in the grand scheme of things so my standard of living would go down moving to Russia and getting a job with the lower tax rate compared to the US

Of course.
No point to go there to work as street cleaner or something similar.

Didn't know until today that Naomi Campbell too lives in Russia. One weird looking house they have there with her boyfriend Mr. Doronin  ;D

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:36:32 AM »
Don't hate the rich for having the brains to get rich.  Hate the whore politicians that sell us out to them. 
yes, the corruption is out of control everywhere.

this sucks, i would be in favour of global minimum wage or existence payout, outlaw the filthy rich, by killing them off or force them to spend the wealth.

instead of paying back huge debt to a couple of too rich bankiers by destroying whole nations, just execute the creditors and debitors every decade or so.

the system has always been kinda the same, always flawed and rigged in favour of a few.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 06:49:06 AM »
Good move. An always-drunk French vagrant will easily fade into the general Russian population. Hell, the local babushkas will probably make him look positively saintly.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 07:22:36 AM »
wow !!

Having now waded through my daily dose of news from multiple sources around the world (as I always do), I notice the most pissed-off, angry, biased comments on this (minor) event appear - no, not in American but in UK press  :o
Brits really hate Russians, don't they - I mean not traditional word for word shit going on from both sides but they really attack all-out!
weirder even that Brits on GB are all nice guys.

Considering the state of UK as a country, economy etc. I would think they had something a bit more important to concentrate on than Russia's affairs  :-\

Finnish press was like "so, this happened today, world keeps moving".

Anyways, American mag "Foreign Policy" just rated Mr. Putin as the most powerful man in the world second to none. who am I to oppose them  ;D
I don't see many Brits on the list  ;D ;D

http://eurasia.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/01/02/the_world_s_most_powerful_people

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 07:58:30 AM »

OOOOOMMMGGG  ;D ;D

"Actress Bardot Threatens to Become Russian if French Authorities 'Kill' Elephants"

"Renowned actress and animal rights campaigner, 77-year-old Bardot said that she will have to become Russian in case the French authorities do not drop their plan to put down two sick elephants at a zoo in Lyon."

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130104/178582292/Actress_Bardot_Threatens_to_Become.html

Epic Fukin' Rossiya on full-speed HAHAHAH, fuk I love those bastards!!
Now everyone who don't like what their government does can say they will become Russian if their needs are not met HAHAHAAH

FUK YEa - cum' on feel the noise

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
wow !!

Having now waded through my daily dose of news from multiple sources around the world (as I always do), I notice the most pissed-off, angry, biased comments on this (minor) event appear - no, not in American but in UK press  :o
Brits really hate Russians, don't they - I mean not traditional word for word shit going on from both sides but they really attack all-out!
weirder even that Brits on GB are all nice guys.

Considering the state of UK as a country, economy etc. I would think they had something a bit more important to concentrate on than Russia's affairs  :-\

Finnish press was like "so, this happened today, world keeps moving".

Anyways, American mag "Foreign Policy" just rated Mr. Putin as the most powerful man in the world second to none. who am I to oppose them  ;D
I don't see many Brits on the list  ;D ;D

http://eurasia.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/01/02/the_world_s_most_powerful_people

UK press is out of control - the archetype for collectivist propaganda.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
UK press is out of control - the archetype for collectivist propaganda.

Yea, something there is.

It strikes me that Americans when writing about events in Russia always remember to state the obvious; Russia is not USSR in means of capabilities, they have ambitions but lot of problems etc. Yes, these are the facts. That's journalism yet of course flavored for own interests.
But Brits appear to get on somewhat personal level.... kind of style you would hear at elementary school; calling names, putting up things they have probably found from random internet message boards LOL