Author Topic: Chloë Moretz in Carrie remake !  (Read 3336 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Chloë Moretz in Carrie remake !
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
you have to wonder if they can improve on the original. and they can't !

she's a great little actress. i liked her in 'kick-ass', and she was great in 'let the right one in'. 'carrie' is a much more heavier role though. hmm, we'll see.

jodie foster is playing the mother as well  :)

one thing we won't see in this remake is '70s bush'  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A Kick Ass role! Chloe Moretz to play Carrie in remake of Seventies horror classic

It was film about a girl with special powers that established Stephen King as one of the silver screen's most influential horror writers.

And now Kick Ass star Chloe Moretz is to tackle the role of Carrie in a remake of the 1976 classic.

The excited 15-year-old Hugo favourite took to Twitter to tell fans of her excitement after the news of her casting broke.

Carrie on regardless: Chloe Moretz looked all business at JFK Airport in New York today despite proclaiming her delight at landing the role

The actress said: 'Never been so happy in my life! Thank you Kim Pierce and thank you MGM for the chance of a lifetime. I will never forget!'

She also said her brother Trevor, who is a respected acting coach, was 'flipping out' when she told him her good news.

Despite her exciting news, the actress was keeping a poker face as she arrived at the JFK Airport in New York today

Being cast in a remake is nothing new for child prodigy, who began her acting career at the age of just seven and is already an experienced horror actress.

Happy twit: The child prodigy let the world know her delight about winning the lead part

Bags of class: The 15-year-old looked great as she wheeled her baggage

A night at the opera: She celebrated last night by attending the Metropolitan Opera premiere of Jules Massenets

She starred as a seeming child vampire in Let Me In, which was the American version of the award-winning Swedish picture Let the Right One In.

She is following in good steps by featuring in the remake, which tells the story of a viciously bullied teenager Carrie White, who discovers she possesses telekinetic power become more powerful when she becomes angry or distressed

It is still one of the best known roles for best actress Acadeny Award winner Sissy Spacek, with her vulnerable yet chilling performance still regarded as among the genre's best.

It also features an early career performance from  macho heartthrob John Travlota, who played the boyfriend of her most vicious tormentor.

The film was a major success for United Artists, grossing $33.8 million at the U.S. box office, on a budget of $1.8 million, and also won Spacek and Oscar nomination.

The original and best? It will be hard for Chloe and the remake to live up to Sissy Spacek's 1976 version

Prom queen: But tragedy was soon to unfold in the film after bullies attack her at the dance

Purge_WTF

Re: Chloë Moretz in Carrie remake !
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »
  Oh, for the love of....

The SciFi Channel's remake didn't suck enough, so they decided to do this? All of the horror movies that Moretz is in flop--The Amityville remake, Let Me In, and I'm sure this will suck too.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=65446

Christopher Mintz-Plasse Talks KICK-ASS 2; Addresses An Older Chloe Moretz As Hit-Girl

"I had no idea if this was going to happen," Christopher Mintz-Plasse told Collider in a recent interview while promoting animated movie Paranorman. "It didn't seem like it, especially now that Chloe is like, what, is she 37 now? [Laughs] But no, they hey wrote an incredible script. I think she’s going into 9th grade in this which is really smart. They didn’t keep her 11 as she was in the first one. They kind of aged it up a bit. And it’s super violent and bloody and funny and it’s got a great cast. I’m really excited. I fly out to London in a week to get started."

As for when exactly he begins working on director Jeff Wadlow's big screen adaptation of comic book writer Mark Millar and artist John Romita Jr.'s Kick-Ass 2 (which will also include elements from the Hit-Girl miniseries) he told the site the following. "I'm flying out there next week to get started on rehearsals and wardrobe and stuff and then I think we start shooting September. It's going to be busy because I'm flying back and forth because I'm shooting a show for CBS as well, so I'll be shooting a couple of weeks September, fly back, go out again in October for like a week, come back, and then go out again in November for a couple of weeks."

"You know I think so, but I think they did that purposely," the actor revealed when asked if the time which has elapsed since the release of the last film will effect the story in this one. "I think that they did that strictly because Chloe is older now and they had to age her up, but that works." And as for whether or not he gets to take part in any more action scenes this time around, he added, "Oh yeah, it's like, I don't want to ruin anything, but it's kind of like 'Warriors' meets 'Kick-Ass'. That's like the theme for this. It's gonna be intense."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
Kick-Ass 2 set visit part 1

Gregzs