Author Topic: Report: Lance Armstrong may admit PED use, doping as part of reinstatement quest  (Read 3713 times)

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
Exactly. Everyone uses. That does not take anything away from his achievements.

its all envy, thats it! as is most of the steroid problems. fat guys drinking alcohal and smoking like a chimneys come and say "ban steroids! there unhealthy and bad for society. there also cheating!"  ::) ::)

some people think if they juiced BOOM they become a Muhammad Ali, Mike jordan, Tom brady, Barry Bonds, Christiano Ronaldo, Ronnie Coleman...ect little do they know at their local gym almost everyone juices and still looks average/performs average.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Totally bogus report/story. He will NEVER admit anything.
a

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
PED
P

Henda

• Getbig V
Why the fuck should he admit anything. It was sickening the amount of his competitors who jumped on the bandwagon to slate him just despite them doing the same.
Like that gay c unt bradley fucking wiggins, fucking piece of shit.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
man the haters got to leave this guy alone. he hasnt done anything wrong. He took PEDS? oh really? ::) you mean just like EVERYONE ELSE racing behind him? ::)

Ok..I dont get this mindset ^^^.  Were other competitors using PEDs?  Most likely yes.  But the statement "he hasnt done anything wrong" is incorrect.  Regardless of the actions of others he signed legally binding contracts, competed in races, and collected monetary prizes while knowingly "breaking the rules".  Are the laws unjust?  Sure.  But a man's word is his word.  If you say you dont cheat then dont cheat.  The mentality of "well everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I"...is for little children...not men.  This moral relativism is why America is in decline.

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?' - John Wayne

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Ok..I dont get this mindset ^^^.  Were other competitors using PEDs?  Most likely yes.  But the statement "he hasnt done anything wrong" is incorrect.  Regardless of the actions of others he signed legally binding contracts, competed in races, and collected monetary prizes while knowingly "breaking the rules".  Are the laws unjust?  Sure.  But a man's word is his word.  If you say you dont cheat then dont cheat.  The mentality of "well everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I"...is for little children...not men.  This moral relativism is why America is in decline.

the thing is the other competitors are lined up around the block pointing the finger at this guy when they did the same thing, and no one is looking to burn them at the stake, sue them and destroy their lives.

it's fucking bullshit, the "Barry bonds" syndrome...because the guy is an arrogant prick he's being crucified and pursued to a ridiculous extreme...I don't see other cyclists being pursued for decades and then finally just DECLARED guilty without a shred of physical evidence because they couldn't come up with anything concrete. fucking pathetic. he beat your tests, played the game perfectly, shut the fuck up and leave him alone..OR do it to EVERYBODY who ever raced.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Lets be real people. When he admits it, he is going to pull the Liar Lee Priest type of admittance where he used minimal amounts and use his cancer as a back drop to using.  Then all the no nothings will praise him for "coming clean". Its a scam.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
the thing is the other competitors are lined up around the block pointing the finger at this guy when they did the same thing, and no one is looking to burn them at the stake, sue them and destroy their lives.

it's fucking bullshit, the "Barry bonds" syndrome...because the guy is an arrogant prick he's being crucified and pursued to a ridiculous extreme...I don't see other cyclists being pursued for decades and then finally just DECLARED guilty without a shred of physical evidence because they couldn't come up with anything concrete. fucking pathetic. he beat your tests, played the game perfectly, shut the fuck up and leave him alone..OR do it to EVERYBODY who ever raced.

I agree that every competitor should be held to the same standards and tested.  The problem with Lance (like Barry Bonds) is that they were so dominant it attracted world wide attention.  The media made money off of them, their sponsors made money off of them and the game made money off of them.  60 HRs stood for 40 years until Bonds does 75 out of the blue?  Lance didnt win 1,2 or 3 Tour De France...he wins 7.  These guys dont think with that kind of attention they're not going to be singled out?  Maybe the guy who came in 15th was also doping but no one cares. 
When Lance signed the contracts to race knowing full well what the requirements were and actively deceiving them....its BS.  He was part of the scam until enough evidence came out to hurt him financially and his legacy.  Now he wants back in and plans on "coming clean".  I think that's great but I don't give him a pass as a man because "everyone else was doing it".   

Im also sure LAnce doesnt give two shits what I think.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  Nice pad

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
I agree that every competitor should be held to the same standards and tested.  The problem with Lance (like Barry Bonds) is that they were so dominant it attracted world wide attention.  The media made money off of them, their sponsors made money off of them and the game made money off of them.  60 HRs stood for 40 years until Bonds does 75 out of the blue?  Lance didnt win 1,2 or 3 Tour De France...he wins 7.  These guys dont think with that kind of attention they're not going to be singled out?  Maybe the guy who came in 15th was also doping but no one cares. 
When Lance signed the contracts to race knowing full well what the requirements were and actively deceiving them....its BS.  He was part of the scam until enough evidence came out to hurt him financially and his legacy.  Now he wants back in and plans on "coming clean".  I think that's great but I don't give him a pass as a man because "everyone else was doing it".   

Im also sure LAnce doesnt give two shits what I think.

I'm quite certain Lance Armstrong wasn't the only Cyclist pulling down big dollars who was lying through his teeth about PEDs.. And that is basically the crux of my argument.

Yes, he cheated, yes it's wrong, yes every other asshole was doing it.....and it's also wrong to single the guy out just because he was the most famous. totally unfair.  This trend of penalizing athletes for their success is total bullshit

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

You may as well take all Olympic medals back from 2012. You think those guys did not use "illegal supplements"?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
You may as well take all Olympic medals back from 1960-2012. You think those guys did not use "illegal supplements"?

Fixed

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
It would cost Lance an absolute minimum of $10,000,000 if he admits that shit.

Say nothing!
a

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
It would cost Lance an absolute minimum of $10,000,000 if he admits that shit.

Say nothing!

hasn't he already lost everything he's going to lose? he still has endorsers?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
hasn't he already lost everything he's going to lose? he still has endorsers?

Couple things; He won a $5,000,000 bonus in 2006 (I think it was 2006) for winning the TdF. The firm (not his team) that put up the bonus tried to get out of paying it back then based on some "drug testing issue."  They lost the appeal and paid Lance $5,000,000 PLUS interest.  They certainly want that money back.  

He also had mutiple performance bonus in the big Discovery, US Postal, Radio Shack contracts. The Sponsors could easily want those $3,000,000+ back.

I'll check on the first big bonus and get my numbers right. . . .

Here it is:   "Dallas-based SCA was sued by Armstrong and U.S. Postal Service team owner Tailwind Sports in 2004 for failing to pay a $5 million bonus owed to the cyclist for winning his sixth straight Tour de France, which came amid allegations of doping. It settled the suit in 2006, agreeing to pay the $5 million and $2.5 million in interest and legal fees."

a

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Couple things; He won a $5,000,000 bonus in 2006 (I think it was 2006) for winning the TdF. The firm (not his team) that put up the bonus tried to get out of paying it back then based on some "drug testing issue."  They lost the appeal and paid Lance $5,000,000 PLUS interest.  They certainly want that money back.  

He also had mutiple performance bonus in the big Discovery, US Postal, Radio Shack contracts. The Sponsors could easily want those $3,000,000+ back.

I'll check on the first big bonus and get my numbers right. . . .

Here it is:   "Dallas-based SCA was sued by Armstrong and U.S. Postal Service team owner Tailwind Sports in 2004 for failing to pay a $5 million bonus owed to the cyclist for winning his sixth straight Tour de France, which came amid allegations of doping. It settled the suit in 2006, agreeing to pay the $5 million and $2.5 million in interest and legal fees."

He sued and won against a UK newspaper and they already sued him back.

He could also end up in jail just like Marion Jones if he admits. He perjured himself if he admits.

Tommy, do you really think he's sitting there with a beer on a beach in Hawaii with not a care in
the world, "because everyone knows he was the best anyway"?

This guy is royally fucked. He even had to step down from the cancer foundation he lived for, and according to NY Times wealthy donators are pressuring him to admit his guilt, so they can save face with the foundation.

IF he admits, with tears of course, will you think less of the guy? :D

I actually read that USPS could sue him for 90 million.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  Marion Jones came clean. So should Lance.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
"Tommy, do you really think he's sitting there with a beer on a beach in Hawaii with not a care in
the world, "because everyone knows he was the best anyway"?

This guy is royally fucked. He even had to step down from the cancer foundation he lived for, and according to NY Times wealthy donators are pressuring him to admit his guilt, so they can save face with the foundation.

IF he admits, with tears of course, will you think less of the guy?"

I'm sure he's bummed out huge, but he's a tough fucker so he'll be fine.

It would be disheartening to me if he admitted his PED usage.  I've always known he was not clean. No one goes that fast, up all those mountains, against the fastest racers in the world, for all those years- drug free. I never wanted a drug-free TdF winner. Nobody does.

Viva Lance!
a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
He has a networth of 125 million dollars. Set for life.
X

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
 :)
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Marion had a little too much abdominal distention and her teeth kept changing even in her early and mid-20's.
a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  Yep (About Marion)