Author Topic: Religious Nutcases Pt. 2  (Read 15791 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Religious Nutcases Pt. 2
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
Well those Christians are stupid, that kind of behavior makes people hate Christianity even more. No one can tell anyone what to believe, it is up to them to find what they feel is the right path. I am often embarrassed on how some Christians behave.

I think what we believe should be and often is very personal. My wife is Catholic. She grew up Catholic and was even educated in Catholic schools. My parents followed the teachings of Dr. Ernest Homes, founder of Religious Science, holding metaphysical concepts. When I feel like I need a refresher, I go a Religious Science service. However, I also attend church with my wife. Our children were both raised Catholic. Our son is still a Catholic, while our daughter maintains that she is an atheist.

I'm completely agree with you that when people push their beliefs on others, particularly those who hold that their way is the only way, they often end up alienating folks. People are just people. We are all flawed. We all make mistakes. Don't let other people's errors in judgment embarrass you.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2012, 01:22:33 AM »
I think what we believe should be and often is very personal. My wife is Catholic. She grew up Catholic and was even educated in Catholic schools. My parents followed the teachings of Dr. Ernest Homes, founder of Religious Science, holding metaphysical concepts. When I feel like I need a refresher, I go a Religious Science service. However, I also attend church with my wife. Our children were both raised Catholic. Our son is still a Catholic, while our daughter maintains that she is an atheist.

I'm completely agree with you that when people push their beliefs on others, particularly those who hold that their way is the only way, they often end up alienating folks. People are just people. We are all flawed. We all make mistakes. Don't let other people's errors in judgment embarrass you.
Wow, interesting,how old are your children now? what is your position if don`t mind me asking, sounds like you believe in God but don`t believe that Jesus died for our sins, am I right?

Ya as Christians the best thing to do is to explain to people why you believe what you do ( assuming they are interested) and never take the approach that they should believe so or must, so simply telling them the reasons why you believe is getting any message across without the fundamentalist aspect that throws so many away.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2012, 02:13:31 AM »
Wow, interesting,how old our your children now? what is your position if don`t mind me asking, sounds like you believe in God but don`t believe that Jesus died for our sins, am I right?

Ya as Christians the best thing to do is to explain to people why you believe what you do ( assuming they are interested) and never take the approach that they should believe so or must, so simply telling them the reasons why you believe is getting any message across without the fundamentalist aspect that throws so many away.

They are both mature adults. Our son is 46 and our daughter is 37. Both our son and our daughter married Catholics and married in the Catholic church as did my wife and I. All of our grandchildren were baptized in the Catholic church. Guess I am the renegade in our family, huh?

I have faith in a higher power. Most people understand this as being God, but I am open to idea of a divine intelligence, be it Mohammed, Buddha, God or whatever. For me, it is more about believing in something greater than yourself. I believe Jesus was an amazing man who accomplished some fantastic things for the short time he was in this world. Had he not been crucified and thus been made a martyr, how most people feel about him might be very different.

It bothers me that so much fighting has gone on since the beginning of time because of religious beliefs/differences. Because of this, I believe religion is a human invention and not necessarily divine. The bible is an interesting book. It is surprising to me that many people believe it is the gospel. I see it more as folklore. Not that there aren't some valid lessons to be learned from reading the bible, because there are. I believe in hell on earth not in some afterlife. I don't expect others to believe what I do.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
What  ??? how old are you? wow, a thousand apologies for being rude to you brother I would never talk to someone your age like that. Wait a second you are the older dude from the physique ranking thread, ahhh I remember you bro, cheers.  ;)

Ya as far as the wars are concerned, well, a warlord or a general is always looking to fuel their men with a good morale and nothing does it better then religion unfortunately.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »
What  ??? how old are you? wow, a thousand apologies for being rude to you brother I would never talk to someone your age like that. Wait a second you are the older dude from the physique ranking thread, ahhh I remember you bro, cheers.  ;)

Ya as far as the wars are concerned, well, a warlord or a general is always looking to fuel their men with a good morale and nothing does it better then religion unfortunately.

I am 68 years old. I don't expect special treatment or respect just because of my age. Were you rude to me? I don't recall that you were. I am the dude with all the teeth showing (and yes, they are actually mine), with a white beard and bald head who posted a photo of myself on the physique ranking thread. No current shirtless photos this year though until I get my sorry ass back to the gym. LOL!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
Well those Christians are stupid, that kind of behavior makes people hate Christianity even more. No one can tell anyone what to believe, it is up to them to find what they feel is the right path. I am often embarrassed on how some Christians behave.

BINGO!!!
except it's not just Christians. Jews, Muslims, Atheists... all kinds of sadistic control freaks are like that as well. It just manifests most often and is quicker to spot in areas of religion & politics.
w