Author Topic: Children 52x more likely to die in a pool than w a gun.  (Read 8735 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Children 52x more likely to die in a pool than w a gun.
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
wrong again, but whats new.alot of public pools have life guards and rules saying an adult ha to be present when a kid is swimming,these rule came into play because of kids drowning,they didn't ban all pools,you see where this is going.maybe we can change a few things and not just ban all guns

So?  you think no parents have ever watched their kids drown?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »
did i say that,please show me where .i will tell you one thing the chances are a 1000 times better that a kid will not  drown if the parents are watching

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
did i say that,please show me where .i will tell you one thing the chances are a 1000 times better that a kid will not  drown if the parents are watching

And if an armed guard is present the kid has less of a chance of dying in a soft target zone from a freak like lanza. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »

They're 1,000,000 times better that a kid will not get shot if the parents lock up their guns.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
sure, i'll agree with that.and maybe it will come to that,and maybe there will be other steps also

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 10:00:03 AM »

They're 1,000,000 times better that a kid will not get shot if the parents lock up their guns.

i agree 100%

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:55 AM »
i agree 100%

wait... what?  We're in agreement? ???  :o :o :o :o :o :o  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
i agree 100%

Agreed  - so it was more a case of reckless irresponsible people doing stupid shit right?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
sure if a kid is playing with guns the idiot parents left out,and accidentally shoots himself

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »
So of gun murders in the US, lets subtract gang related murders, lets subtract justifiable homicide, lets subtract suicide.

Accidental Gun Deaths Vs. Accidental Drowning.

BAN SWIMMING POOLS.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:15 AM »
wrong again, but whats new.alot of public pools have life guards and rules saying an adult ha to be present when a kid is swimming,these rule came into play because of kids drowning,they didn't ban all pools,you see where this is going.maybe we can change a few things and not just ban all guns
Lol they didn't ban any pools just put guards up.

Aren't you the one who was making fun of the NRA's stance of armed guards at schools?
So you're for putting up guards to help prevent drowning but not to prevent shootings?

So you are or are not concerned with children's deaths? Or is it just murdering of children you're concerned with?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
Lol they didn't ban any pools just put guards up.

Aren't you the one who was making fun of the NRA's stance of armed guards at schools?
So you're for putting up guards to help prevent drowning but not to prevent shootings?

So you are or are not concerned with children's deaths? Or is it just murdering of children you're concerned with?

so lifeguards are now armed guards  :D :D :D :D   time for you to give up on this

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »
so lifeguards are now armed guards  :D :D :D :D   time for you to give up on this
LOL try and keep up now brainiac, lifeguards are ppl with training and equipment who are put in place to save those children you claim to care so much about.

Armed guards at schools are ppl who are trained and equiped to help save those children you claim to care so much about.

So why are you all for the use of trained/equiped ppl to save kids at pools but not at schools?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 04:49:33 PM »
Ban pools!!!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 05:17:32 PM »
LOL try and keep up now brainiac, lifeguards are ppl with training and equipment who are put in place to save those children you claim to care so much about.

Armed guards at schools are ppl who are trained and equiped to help save those children you claim to care so much about.

So why are you all for the use of trained/equiped ppl to save kids at pools but not at schools?

your playing dumb right,most people[normal people] see lifeguards differently than armed guards,that's why you will find most people against arm guards in schools,but not against life guards at a pool. mr.brainiac

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 05:22:43 PM »

Agreed  - so it was more a case of reckless irresponsible people doing stupid shit right?
If your kid drowns in a pool, perhaps it's your own fault for not watching him or her closely enough.

But a parent should have a reasonable expectation that, when sending a child to kindergarten, the chid will not be shot at. Does that sound unreasonable to you?

By the way, http://www.m1-garand-rifle.com

::)
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »
your playing dumb right,most people[normal people] see lifeguards differently than armed guards,that's why you will find most people against arm guards in schools,but not against life guards at a pool. mr.brainiac

Why?  both are there to protect others  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
what polls do you have to support your assertion that ppl are against armed guards at schools?

you are dumb right?

Lifeguards are put in place to protect children from drowning b/c of the enormously high death rate in children from drowning.

Yet you dont want ppl in place to protect children given the miniscule amount of deaths at schools?

why is that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »
If your kid drowns in a pool, perhaps it's your own fault for not watching him or her closely enough.

But a parent should have a reasonable expectation that, when sending a child to kindergarten, the chid will not be shot at. Does that sound unreasonable to you?

Shooting incidents like the one in newtown are extremely rare

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 05:25:31 PM »

LOL plenty of kids drown at public pools every year, wouldnt you think those parents would have the same reasonable assumption as they do when they send their kids to school?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »
Shooting incidents like the one in newtown are extremely rare
School shootings are becoming commonplace in America in the past ten years or so.

Even the gun laws on the books aren't effective. The Newtown shooting was a case where the mother followed the letter of the law, was shot in the face with her own gun and then the gun was used in a massacre.

I'm not sure what the answer is, to be honest. A total gun ban just isn't going to happen in America. But just to pretend everything is okay because kids die other ways is not realistically addressing the problem. It is a slap in the face of reason.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 05:27:33 PM »
School shootings are becoming commonplace in America in the past ten years or so.

Even the gun laws on the books aren't effective. The Newtown shooting was a case where the mother followed the letter of the law, was shot in the face with her own gun and then the gun was used in a massacre.

I'm not sure what the answer is, to be honest. A total gun ban just isn't going to happen in America. But just to pretend everything is okay because kids die other ways is not realistically addressing the problem. It is a slap in the face of reason.

Its not common place.  That is pure emotional bs

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »
LOL plenty of kids drown at public pools every year, wouldnt you think those parents would have the same reasonable assumption as they do when they send their kids to school?
You're right. Forget it.

Some kids getting shot at school is acceptable.

I don't know what I was thinking.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
You're right. Forget it.

Some kids getting shot at school is acceptable.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Your PEDO is showing full force in the new pic bro 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »
Your PEDO is showing full force in the new pic bro 
Is it okay to personally attack members again?

I don't really care but I got a warning PM, so I'm curious about it.
G