Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 29, 2014, 08:13:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could you kill someone?  (Read 6608 times)
OneMoreRep
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »

Rifleman. Didn't get deployed though.

Good for you.  I hope you don't regret that.  As I know many of the younger boys are too hungry for action, but never know the full extent of what is out there.

"1"
Report to moderator   Logged
Shizzo
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »

The problem is this - who are you to decide who deserves to live and die? It'd be one thing if you had to kill to save your life, or to save the lives of your loved ones... But just killing because you feel they deserve to die, that's pretty bad.
Really? Serial killers dont deserve to die? Mass killers dont deserve to die? Child rapists? Lets save some taxpayer money, and just shootem in the head.
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »

Good for you.  I hope you don't regret that.  As I know many of the younger boys are too hungry for action, but never know the full extent of what is out there.

"1"
I did regret it.. as some of my friends went and didn't return, however as I get older I think it may be a blessing. Especially now that I'm married and have a son.
Stark
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »

Oh Rambo, always so quick to distribute pearls of wisdom to those in need.

BTW and to be serious, I somewhat know what it feels like to kill somebody, only for a day, but I never forget that feeling, now I have never killed anybody but I once was very very sure I had and only a day later it was confirmed to me that the guy was in fact in the hospital recovering, but for a day in my little cell Wink I had to come to grips with the reality that I had become a murderer - the relieve when I heard the copper say he did not die was crazy!!! I am not going to go back to the feeling when I thought I had killed, not for getbig Smiley
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »

Really? Serial killers dont deserve to die? Mass killers dont deserve to die? Child rapists? Lets save some taxpayer money, and just shootem in the head.
I'm not saying they deserve to live or die, I'm asking why you think that you are the one to judge? That's a slippery slope... where would you draw the line? Why do you feel that you are fit to judge others?
Kwon_2
Getbig V

Basilie Bluestars of Peace

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »

The problem is this - who are you to decide who deserves to live and die? It'd be one thing if you had to kill to save your life, or to save the lives of your loved ones... But just killing because you feel they deserve to die, that's pretty bad.

I decide who deserves of course.

If such a situation appears, you will have to make the call yourself if the person is worth it or not.

If it's "pretty bad" or not is of no consequence if it comes to that.

It's all about buttonpushing, and my buttons are much easier to push these days than let's say for 10-15 years ago
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »

I decide who deserves of course.

If such a situation appears, you will have to make the call yourself if the person is worth it or not.

If it's "pretty bad" or not is of no consequence if it comes to that.

It's all about buttonpushing, and my buttons are much easier to push these days than let's say for 10-15 years ago
You totally missed my point.. It's one thing to kill someone who is threatening your safety or the safety of loves ones. I'm talking about walking down the street, seeing someone that you know did something bad, and just deciding to off them.
garebear
Time Out
Getbig V

Never question my instincts.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »

I've killed many people in video games and I sleep like a baby.

G
Kwon_2
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »

You totally missed my point.. It's one thing to kill someone who is threatening your safety or the safety of loves ones. I'm talking about walking down the street, seeing someone that you know did something bad, and just deciding to off them.

It's the same thing, YOU make the call.

YOU decide if the person is worth it or not (and the consequences that come after).
Shockwave
Getbig V

Decepticons! Scramble!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

It's the same thing, YOU make the call.

YOU decide if the person is worth it or not (and the consequences that come after).
Well yes, that goes without saying. I still think that you're missing my point. If I was walking down the street and saw someone that I knew had killed someone, I would not deem it my responsibility to judge and execute them on the spot, just because I felt that their offense was worthy of death.
Kwon_2
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »

Well yes, that goes without saying. I still think that you're missing my point. If I was walking down the street and saw someone that I knew had killed someone, I would not deem it my responsibility to judge and execute them on the spot, just because I felt that their offense was worthy of death.

Well, that's entirely up to you / the person, it's totally relative.

Some do, some don't.

Still same thing, the person decides who is worth it or not. Some people regard themselves as Judges in Life, some don't.

For me specifically, it would depend on many factors, the crime itself, the perpetrator, how he was acting, the location etc etc

If i was armed and i saw some blacks raping a white woman i would definately shoot, if i saw Garebear walking down the street i would let him be since he is minding his own business etc
Shizzo
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »

I'm not saying they deserve to live or die, I'm asking why you think that you are the one to judge? That's a slippery slope... where would you draw the line? Why do you feel that you are fit to judge others?
If they commit the crime, I'm ready to pull the trigger.  Sort of like Judge Dredd.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 06:44:18 AM »

I was an Field Artillery Cannoneer.  You?

"1"
ah a fellow Gunner-- i was British Artillery too and we used these American M109A2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M109_howitzer
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:56 AM »

i think i could, some women have said after sex that ive almost killed them.

Grin
booty
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »

In self defense maybe, but like Stark said it would be harder to live with it afterwards.  I don't believe anybody has the right to take the life of another. 
lulu
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 07:24:36 AM »

yes , without a doubt , slowly or quickly
garebear
Time Out
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 07:36:26 AM »

Having to kill someone is the worst responsibility you could be saddled with. Unless you have experienced it, there is no point in talking about it.

Careful what you wish for. 

G
lulu
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 07:46:54 AM »

Having to kill someone is the worst responsibility you could be saddled with. Unless you have experienced it, there is no point in talking about it.

Careful what you wish for.  

in this day and age the way the world is going people better wrap their heads around the possibility of being faced with it

and I can say for certain if someone was threatening my life or my loved ones , hell yes my gun/s would be unloaded on them , in a heartbeat

that's why I have them

shall we discuss depraved thoughts of torture that we could inflict on someone that we caught raping a child ? slowly killing them day by day ?
garebear
Time Out
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »

in this day and age the way the world is going people better wrap their heads around the possibility of being faced with with it

and I can say for certain if someone was threatening my life or my loved ones , hell yes my gun/s would be unloaded on them , in a heartbeat

that's why I have them

shall we discuss depraved thoughts of torture that we could inflict on someone that we caught raping a child ? slowly killing them day by day ?

The scenario you're imagining is an easy one.

What if you were rolling through the street of Kabul? What if you were in a convoy of uparmored vehicles, on a 50 cal, being fed intel reports of Toyota Corollas with car bombs?

What if you had seen German troops ripped in half by the same car bombs a few days before?

What if you were pinned between the rock of an illegal shoot and the hard place of not only getting yourself killed, but the other four in your vehicle and possibly twenty other American troops around you?

What if it's a terrorist with a truckload of explosives or some guy late for work?

What if you had to make this decision instantaneously day after day, week after week, without error?

G
lulu
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 08:02:26 AM »

The scenario you're imagining is an easy one.

What if you were rolling through the street of Kabul? What if you were in a convoy of uparmored vehicles, on a 50 cal, being fed intel reports of Toyota Corollas with car bombs?

What if you had seen German troops ripped in half by the same car bombs a few days before?

What if you were pinned between the rock of an illegal shoot and the hard place of not only getting yourself killed, but the other four in your vehicle and possibly twenty other American troops around you?

What if it's a terrorist with a truckload of explosives or some guy late for work?

What if you had to make this decision instantaneously day after day, week after week, without error?

it's a war

that's what war is

hard harsh gut wrenching blood spilling death filled days and nights

I didn't sign up to go to war because I wouldn't want to go through it

garebear
Time Out
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 08:07:44 AM »

it's a war

that's what war is

hard harsh gut wrenching blood spilling death filled days and nights

I didn't sign up to go to war because I wouldn't want to go through it

I understand that. Just food for thought.

It did, however, forever change the way I think about other people in hellish situations, such as cops.

Some cops are pure assholes, but I would imagine that most are in very difficult and unforgiving situations.

G
lulu
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »

I understand that. Just food for thought.

It did, however, forever change the way I think about other people in hellish situations, such as cops.

Some cops are pure assholes, but I would imagine that most are in very difficult and unforgiving situations.

I'm not going to guess what they have to deal with or why some are just pricks I just know there's not enough of them to be everywhere all at once and I am prepared and able to protect myself for that reason
Purge_WTF
Getbig V

Constitution Party forever.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »

If it were someone who deserved it, like a home invader or a terrorist.

I would've liked to be the soldier who sent bin Laden into the next world.

Psalm 23.
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 08:40:15 AM »

It was a mission into Panama to take out a drug kingpin.

Alright, i'll bite. What job was that?
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »

I could if I was just following orders or something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!