Author Topic: Tanning advice  (Read 11477 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Tanning advice
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:39 PM »
So being European I am pretty damn pale white. I never tanned before and I started experimenting.

I have heard that there are some tans that help the tan be more equal? What's the deal on all this stuff. I am totally newb to this aspect.

On top of that I have now streaks in some parts and some parts which are literally like a line darker and lighter.. epic fail.. the tanning bed is small so i cant spread out... i tried being on the side. Any advice with that? And would those tanning lotions help in this regards? Are they permanent or fake tans? I am not interested in fake tans.

Also for overall skin care, what should one use?

I have been using a 5mg vial at 250mcg ed for a week too. I darkened some but was hoping it would help with making the overall appearance equal.

All advice welcome.

Leaning out ramadan and will continue cutting to surprise the wife when she comes back from abroad. :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Tanning advice
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »
well... i guess no one responded.

I tried different positions in tanning bed and it still sucks.. the damn thing is too small and im not paying big bux for 'spa' tans...

So I did some reading and I guess I will dwelve into the sunless self tanning lotions...

Anyone have experience with them? This section seems inactive :-/

I got exfoliating gloves, natural loofa, and a moisturizing lotion and tan lotion.

The ones in question are sunthera 3 (shopper's drugmart -- cheap for a test). Showered, exfoliated, used loofa, moisturized waited to dry, then applied tan took a damn long time with gloves.. kinda streaky and takes time to 'perfect'.

So far I appear a bit darker.. will only see by tomorrow and ill reappy and see.. they claim its 1 week lasting but most reviews of this product claim every 2 days... meh

I have been looking into 'one million dollar tan' their 'tan extreme dark lotion' long ass names... The reviews seem legit everyone loves it, streak free, literally one week lasting, nice dark brown no orange bs, easy to apply... but i dont know where to get this locally in canada. I could order online but dont feel like right now.

Still leaning out and can't wait to surprise my special lady :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »
The crap on the left is what i got for like 10 bux:

Can't find pic of their mosturizer but same thing.

And what i am thinking of getting is:

http://www.milliondollartan.com/Cabana-Tan-Extreme--Dark-Sunless-Tanning-Lotion_p_33.html

apparently that 8oz bottle lasts FOREVER... as you only apply once a week.. so seems like a worthwhile investment. I emailed them to see if they have retailers in canada.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
yea thats another i ran across while youtubing... but i saw better reviews over this (comparing the two) to the million dollar tan one. I liked the darker tan of the million dollar tan too. Still I don't mind trying more than one all good.

Thanks for the first reply lol.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:05 AM »
So being European I am pretty damn pale white. I never tanned before and I started experimenting.

I have heard that there are some tans that help the tan be more equal? What's the deal on all this stuff. I am totally newb to this aspect.

On top of that I have now streaks in some parts and some parts which are literally like a line darker and lighter.. epic fail.. the tanning bed is small so i cant spread out... i tried being on the side. Any advice with that? And would those tanning lotions help in this regards? Are they permanent or fake tans? I am not interested in fake tans.

Also for overall skin care, what should one use?

I have been using a 5mg vial at 250mcg ed for a week too. I darkened some but was hoping it would help with making the overall appearance equal.

All advice welcome.

Leaning out ramadan and will continue cutting to surprise the wife when she comes back from abroad. :)
Are you using MELOTAN2 ? Just not sure what 250mcg means ? if you are, try the steroid board as it's a peptide and you will get a response there - If you can use a stand up tanner these are better than the lie downs to get under your arms - but a mix of stand up and lie down gives best results - L'oreal sublime bronze gives the best looking natural tan without the huge $ that come with some.. sunbeds and "fake" tans give over all best results but if you are using melotan you "should" only need limited uv exposure and you will be ultra brown - If you are of celtic heritage be careful with sunbeds as you burn easy - burning causes the issues that we hear of in the press not uv exposure in moderation.  ;)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
Exfoliate first.  Apply to moist skin.  Supposedly, the active ingredient in sunless lotions is the same regardless of brand.  They all stink (smell) IMO, but they work.  Don't apply to elbows, knees or heels.  Wash your hands as soon as you're done applying.
:

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:32 PM »
Exfoliate first.  Apply to moist skin.  Supposedly, the active ingredient in sunless lotions is the same regardless of brand.  They all stink (smell) IMO, but they work.  Don't apply to elbows, knees or heels.  Wash your hands as soon as you're done applying.
Good advice, The dreaded orange hand looks funny in bars  :D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »
well an update... it worked pretty good. Kind of time consuming applying lotions though lol. I do exfoliate after showering and put on moisturizer. Then wait till it dries and apply sunless taning lotion.

Unfortunately this 10 bux one i have to reapply every 2-3 days meh.. but it looks good! And its not orangeish! Its actually brownish... which is cool.

I will keep using it until its used up then jump ship and get that 40$ 'one million dollar cabana extreme dark tan' whatever the long name. From all the reviews ive seen it lasts a whole week which is kick ass in my book.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »
That's the only problem with lotions mate the time and getting someone to do your back  ;D

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
melanotan 2 made me black. Shit it unbelievable.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »
This isn't going to make you look like an Arab whitey.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »
This isn't going to make you look like an Arab whitey.

;D

Exfoliation and moisturizing are essential to sunless, indoor, and natural tanning. Moisturizing post-tanning also helps preserve the color.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 04:25:27 AM »

;D

Exfoliation and moisturizing are essential to sunless, indoor, and natural tanning. Moisturizing post-tanning also helps preserve the color.

i have been tanning indoors in stand up beds for a couple of months and have found that just by using a cheap skin moisturizing cream i can extend the length of my tan.. but it doesn't really get darker... of course i haven't been increasing the amount of time i spend tanning... i stick to 6 minutes standing up 2 times per week and i'm only doing it because of the possible vitamin D benefits in winter...

don't know if i will continue to do so long term or not

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 06:17:02 AM »
i have been tanning indoors in stand up beds for a couple of months and have found that just by using a cheap skin moisturizing cream i can extend the length of my tan.. but it doesn't really get darker... of course i haven't been increasing the amount of time i spend tanning... i stick to 6 minutes standing up 2 times per week and i'm only doing it because of the possible vitamin D benefits in winter...

don't know if i will continue to do so long term or not

I read the one article you sent me a few weeks ago. IIUC, vit-D bulbs do not darken to the same extent as conventional bulbs. And, from my experience, 6 mins 2x/wk is not "a lot" for even stronger bulbs in terms of color.

As for moisturizing, anything you put on your skin will help to a degree. I've noticed that from going outside after shaving. I use a post-shave lotion, and the fresh-shaven areas turn quicker (shaving is also a form of exfoliation).

Now, onto dry skin: years ago, my cousin put benzoyl peroxide on his chest to treat some acne. We were at our campsite down the lake, and it was a sunny day. He developed patches on his chest; everywhere he treated with the BP did not tan at all. He looked like he had vitiligo!

Lesson learned.