Author Topic: cops shoot mentally ill man  (Read 10177 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: cops shoot mentally ill man
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2015, 01:17:29 PM »
who am I avoiding answering?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2015, 01:33:07 PM »
Yeah, I am sure he was dead.  You police defenders are pathetic, always claiming the Police are the most fearful people in the world, unable to tolerate any fear or danger and any hint of such feelings requires deadly force they later justify, and now you are telling me they can't even tell when someone is dead or no longer a threat.  Modern Police most be the most fearful, petrified and unintelligent human beings in our community. 

Here is a thought, show SOME FUCKING COURAGE AND STOP BEING AFRAID OF EVERY LITTLE THING.  Yes you may die in the line of duty, but this is a risk many men face every day doing non police work, from deep-sea fisherman to miners.  The average person faces life threatening dangers everyday without lethal weapons or the power of the state supporting them, WHY CAN'T POLICE?

What do you say to this post, 007?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »
who am I avoiding answering?

In future when I respond to one of your posts
I will Endeavour to Number My responses to each of your points.
Then Hopefully you will Do the Same for My Posts.
That way I may Actually get some Straight answers.
Instead of The Politician Type White Wash Answer.

Let me be the 1st to say That's Great to Hear that in the past
You Have managed to call a Bad Cop A Bad Cop.
Bravo Sir.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2015, 02:58:21 PM »
I remember winning a bet from another poster who said I never called a cop out on this forum. I always backed the cop. He challenged me to produce an example of this. Loser had to stay off Getbig for a month. I produced about 10 instances in less than 10 minutes searching and posted them... my point is, I call a duck a duck. If a cop screws up or is a criminal I have no problem saying so. Where you may get the impression I don't is, often times some (not saying you ;-) ) will jump to a conclusion about an incident and determine the cop screwed up. I may disagree because I may have experience with that similar situation and realize there are other things at play you may not be aware of. The shooting of the pit bull video is a great and recent example.  
If you are talking about Cleburne police officer Kevin Dupre gunning down a pit bull named Maximus, this was more than justified, as the dog had already menaced the community and was on the loose and there were children playing nearby.  The one time a cop actually does the right thing, you think it is wrong.  You are one sick twisted bastard and I hope you genuinely aren't a police officer, you pose a greater danger to your community than any criminal does.

Unlike most mentally ill patients with a screwdriver, pitbulls pose a very real threat to innocent people in the community.  You care more about a dangerous breed of dog being shot than you do humans, a breed of dog that maims and mauls innocent people (mainly children) everyday and kills someone every two weeks yet every time a human being is shot you justify it.  What a sick twisted psyche you have, where you care more about a breed of dog that shouldn't even be allowed in our communities than you do the citizenry of that community.  This example just goes to show you don't actually have any idea how to assess a genuine dangerous situation from a non dangerous situation, the mentally ill man with the screwdriver, while from appearances seems dangerous is only a moderate risk, two loose pitbulls who have already menaced and acted threateningly towards children and are loose, while it seems innocent enough, pose a very real and high danger.  In terms of danger, things aren't always what they appear.  I have faced mentally ill people with real weapons and had to de-esculate the situation and I have also faced two friendly pitbulls, guess which situation led to serious injury and extreme violence?
V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 08:52:26 AM »
If you are talking about Cleburne police officer Kevin Dupre gunning down a pit bull named Maximus, this was more than justified, as the dog had already menaced the community and was on the loose and there were children playing nearby.  The one time a cop actually does the right thing, you think it is wrong.  You are one sick twisted bastard and I hope you genuinely aren't a police officer, you pose a greater danger to your community than any criminal does.

Unlike most mentally ill patients with a screwdriver, pitbulls pose a very real threat to innocent people in the community.  You care more about a dangerous breed of dog being shot than you do humans, a breed of dog that maims and mauls innocent people (mainly children) everyday and kills someone every two weeks yet every time a human being is shot you justify it.  What a sick twisted psyche you have, where you care more about a breed of dog that shouldn't even be allowed in our communities than you do the citizenry of that community.  This example just goes to show you don't actually have any idea how to assess a genuine dangerous situation from a non dangerous situation, the mentally ill man with the screwdriver, while from appearances seems dangerous is only a moderate risk, two loose pitbulls who have already menaced and acted threateningly towards children and are loose, while it seems innocent enough, pose a very real and high danger.  In terms of danger, things aren't always what they appear.  I have faced mentally ill people with real weapons and had to de-esculate the situation and I have also faced two friendly pitbulls, guess which situation led to serious injury and extreme violence?

I got to the part where it says "the one time a cop does something right ...you think its wrong" and stopped reading since you are clearly misinformed and the rest of your tirade is pointless as you have no clue what we were talking about or apparently my position on it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »
What do you say to this post, 007?

It's a silly post Jack. While officer do put themselves in dangrous situations due to the nature of the job, it is stupid to expect them to disregard caution at all times. I am NOT fearless nor does the public expect me to be fearless. I overcome that fear in order to carry out the job at hand on ocassion. There is also no expectation from the reasonable public that I disregard my safety with an armed subject and allow myself to be seriously injured. Probably why I didn't respond to this post was I thought it was ridiculous and unreasonable.  As I mentioned before, I probably would have removed the screwdriver carefully myself after the 1st and 2nd order went unheeded.    

Oh, and he wasn't dead, you can see his head moving.. 

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »

Ok. How do police in other countries that they are not armed manage
To deal with these type of situations without killing people.

It clearly works in them countries without the huge number of police
Related deaths as in the usa.

They deal with it very poorly

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »

Poorly.? How do You Mean.

At least they are not murdering them for little or no reason.
By all means arrest them take them to court & let judge & jury decide
To lock them up.

When cops are killing, they act as judge jury & executioner.
That cannot be good.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »

Got a couple of good friends in the Glasgow Police, one i shared a room with for a couple of years. Believe me one is a very hard guy, i know i was in a boxing team with him. they are not guys who would beat people up for no reason.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 01:00:36 PM »
Got a couple of good friends in the Glasgow Police, one i shared a room with for a couple of years. Believe me one is a very hard guy, i know i was in a boxing team with him. they are not guys who would beat people up for no reason.

Poorly in the sense that they allowed some fuck to (luckily only) severely injure one of their own.
Had the punch landed somewhere else the guy could've lost an eye. Having unarmed police is ridiculous, and creates hazardous situations where time is wasted waiting on an armed response unit. Like the video in which a man is seen wielding a machete and it takes considerable time and organization to take the guy down with use of ample riotshields. Effective in the end? Sure, but very risky, time consuming, and dangerous leading up to the conclusion.

Having no viable way to incapacitate someone from a distance is a major, MAJOR shortcoming.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2015, 01:15:21 PM »
Poorly in the sense that they allowed some fuck to (luckily only) severely injure one of their own.
Had the punch landed somewhere else the guy could've lost an eye. Having unarmed police is ridiculous, and creates hazardous situations where time is wasted waiting on an armed response unit. Like the video in which a man is seen wielding a machete and it takes considerable time and organization to take the guy down with use of ample riotshields. Effective in the end? Sure, but very risky, time consuming, and dangerous leading up to the conclusion.

Having no viable way to incapacitate someone from a distance is a major, MAJOR shortcoming.

Yes to all of the above.
Other than the arming of police.. Very bad step.
Poorly is still better than killing people.
They do have tasers, CS gas, extendable batons
And a lot of back up.
It is effective enough to deal with the vast majority
Of incidents.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2015, 01:27:50 PM »

Yes to all of the above.
Other than the arming of police.. Very bad step.
Poorly is still better than killing people.
They do have tasers, CS gas, extendable batons
And a lot of back up.
It is effective enough to deal with the vast majority
Of incidents.
you know what i spent tours in N Ireland where i got petrol bombed ..shot at at. I can tell you 100% the British Army/police work differently. the fatal shootings in N Ireland were much,much less than a county of the US. speaks volumes. I refer to N Ireland as it was for us a Policing situation with civilians. We had very strict rules.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »
you know what i spent tours in N Ireland where i got petrol bombed ..shot at at. I can tell you 100% the British Army/police work differently. the fatal shootings in N Ireland were much,much less than a county of the US. speaks volumes. I refer to N Ireland as it was for us a Policing situation with civilians. We had very strict rules.

Correct.
Very difficult times over there.

Mind on a different subject.
I had a good laugh about the Safe Deposit Box
Raid in London.
And the Met Failed to go check all was ok
When the security firm alerted them to alarm
Going off.   Oops. Ha.