Author Topic: BFG recommends powerlifting-like training for bodybuilders, not milos-like  (Read 6461 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
a lot of bodybuilders agree they don't go under 8-12 reps for upper body, 15-20 reps for lower body

not locking out in between reps, not just moving the weight but squeezing and pumping

this is one school of thought

the other one is about lifting heavy at all cost

obviously the latter one is more dangerous

but what about results, do you respond better to "working the muscle" type training or powerlifting type training?

i was surprised to see BFG reccomend 5x5 type strength training 3-4 times a week max in the off season, go real heavy he said

cephissus

• Getbig V
it doesn't matter

Mawse

• Getbig IV
too much weight = blown out joints and tendons in a couple of years from too much load

light weight = blown out joints and tendons in a couple of decades of overuse

pick one

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Most bodybuilders do not train like powerlifters and the ones that do have very short careers the fact is you do not need train like that to get big.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Powerlifters don't even lift heavy if you average out the weights. They train like bodybuilders, 10-20 reps except in the main lift which they often pyramid up and do couple of heavy singles on.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Powerlifters don't even lift heavy if you average out the weights. They train like bodybuilders, 10-20 reps except in the main lift which they often pyramid up and do couple of heavy singles on.

lol...:..mmmm, k

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
a lot of bodybuilders agree they don't go under 8-12 reps for upper body, 15-20 reps for lower body

not lockin7g out in between reps, not just moving the weight but squeezing and pumping

this is one school of thought

the other one is about lifting heavy at all cost

obviously the latter one is more dangerous

but what about results, do you respond better to "working the muscle" type training or powerlifting type training?

i was surprised to see BFG reccomend 5x5 type strength training 3-4 times a week max in the off season, go real heavy he said

The "ladder" is actually less dangerous.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan

Stark

• Getbig V
If anybody hasn't read the 5/3/1 powerlifting training by Jim Wendler go ahead, if you don't have any money I be open to give you a "lend" of the e-book, its an excellent no nonsense aproach to powerlifting training and a hell lot more fun that the stupid bodypart bodybuilding way of training.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
If anybody hasn't read the 5/3/1 powerlifting training by Jim Wendler go ahead, if you don't have any money I be open to give you a "lend" of the e-book, its an excellent no nonsense aproach to powerlifting training and a hell lot more fun that the stupid bodypart bodybuilding way of training.
really?

i am not sure what to think about wendler

i have read a lot of programs, really tried hard to understand and apply them

in the end they didnt work

like dual factor periodization bla bla

massive headaches not gains

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I like how these guys in one article will talk about the 10 grams of juice they are injecting, then in another talk about the importance of rep range.  lol.

closeline

• Getbig IV
4-6 reps is best

6-8 for legs

Scientific fact

ASK dorian

High reps is for Fitness

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Dare say that to my right arm supraspinatus.. >:(

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
4-6 reps is best

6-8 for legs

Scientific fact

ASK dorian

High reps is for Fitness

farah says low reps trains joints high rep trains muscle

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Low reps tear ligaments and tendons, high reps do not.. :(

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i believe heavy compound moves are great for bodybuilding - done properly!!!

Ronnie and Dorian trained crazy heavy and were the best, but are completely messed up now.

Vince Taylor  and Robbie Robinson trained extremely light and were close to the best but not quite. but now in their 50's and 60's they still look  amazing.

cephissus

• Getbig V
Ronnie and Dorian trained crazy heavy and were the best, but are completely messed up now.

Vince Taylor  and Robbie Robinson trained extremely light and were close to the best but not quite. but now in their 50's and 60's they still look  amazing.

exactly.  it makes fuck-all difference how you train, as long as you aren't injuring yourself.  were they "not quite" the best because of how they trained?  no one will ever know for sure, but pretty much all evidence points against it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
exactly.  it makes fuck-all difference how you train, as long as you aren't injuring yourself.  were they "not quite" the best because of how they trained?  no one will ever know for sure, but pretty much all evidence points against it.

can one get bigger muscles without increasing training loads?

nolotil

• Getbig III
can one get bigger muscles without increasing training loads?

When hormonizing? Yes. Up the dosage.

lyquid

• Getbig III
i believe heavy compound moves are great for bodybuilding - done properly!!!

Ronnie did heavy for videos. In his videos couple yrs before that even says he thinks 12 to 15 is best for size gains. And that's what he uses. Also count his reps on sets yourself..... Loo. He just does a show off set for the videos. still higher than four reps even on the show off sets.

closeline

• Getbig IV
farah says low reps trains joints high rep trains muscle

fahrah is all synthol and DNP

closeline

• Getbig IV

Ronnie did heavy for videos. In his videos couple yrs before that even says he thinks 12 to 15 is best for size gains. And that's what he uses. Also count his reps on sets yourself..... Loo. He just does a show off set for the videos. still higher than four reps even on the show off sets.

ronnie is throwing around the weights

his reps last only 1 second

so 12-15 reps of his style  are equevalent to 5-8 controled reps

its about time not reps btw.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
its about time not reps btw.

yep

so what would you say is the ideal time under load?

i'd say 15-20 seconds, and not more than 30 seconds

closeline

• Getbig IV
yep

so what would you say is the ideal time under load?

i'd say 15-20 seconds, and not more than 30 seconds

depending on exercise and muscle

for example somthing like

15 sec for barbell rows for example

30 sec for bicep curl