Author Topic: Stopping drugs cold turkey  (Read 5852 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Stopping drugs cold turkey
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »
Quitting opiates cold turkey cannot kill you. I quit cold turkey and I'm just fine, and I was using an 8ball a day (on the low side, if I had money I was using almost a quarter a day). The only drugs that can kill you from the W/D's are alcohol and benzos.
WTF seriously? wow and now you are 100% clean? you are an animal brother, I solute you. How long now.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »
WTF seriously? wow and now you are 100% clean? you are an animal brother, I solute you. How long now.
Year and a half now, having a wife and son helped a lot. Before, I didn't really have a reason NOT to use, besides the fact that I was always broke.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 04:28:10 PM »
Year and a half now, having a wife and son helped a lot. Before, I didn't really have a reason NOT to use, besides the fact that I was always broke.

why did you take the drug/s? did u experiment and get hooked, lifestyle? congratulations on being away from all that mess.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »
why did you take the drug/s? did u experiment and get hooked, lifestyle? congratulations on being away from all that mess.
Lifestyle and experimentation.
Was playing in a metal band and gigging a lot, tried coke and started partying hard. Coke turned into meth, meth turned into IV meth and heroin, Eventually the music took a back seat and it was just the drugs and partying. Then the partying went away and it was just me and the drugs.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:42 PM »
Lifestyle and experimentation.
Was playing in a metal band and gigging a lot, tried coke and started partying hard. Coke turned into meth, meth turned into IV meth and heroin, Eventually the music took a back seat and it was just the drugs and partying. Then the partying went away and it was just me and the drugs.

Man, I dont know you, but really happy that your alive buddy, my neighbour died from going cold turkey off xanax.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
Man, I dont know you, but really happy that your alive buddy, my neighbour died from going cold turkey off xanax.
Well thank you. It was a rough road for sure. And Xanax is no joke, Benzo's kill people pretty regularly from W/D's, but doc's still prescribe them like candy but are scared shitless to give someone Vicoden for pain.

I've come to the conclusion that most docs have no fucking idea about what they're prescribing.

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
So a recovered addict is a piece of shit now huh?  ::)   You're scum.
Did i hit a sweet spot there big fella?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »
Well thank you. It was a rough road for sure. And Xanax is no joke, Benzo's kill people pretty regularly from W/D's, but doc's still prescribe them like candy but are scared shitless to give someone Vicoden for pain.

I've come to the conclusion that most docs have no fucking idea about what they're prescribing.

Its not the way to die, especially when he tried to get away from it. From what his sister told us he was taking 10mg a day for 9 months, he either ran out or tried to quit but his body needed it. I hope all suffering from addiction here get proper help and dont die on us. Be smart getbiggers.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
So a recovered addict is a piece of shit now huh?  ::)   You're scum.

No Wiggs, God bless them, anyone that can overcome a addiction i respect alot.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
i had a friend that came off cocaine cold turkey, and stop smoking using Chantix. If you google Chantix, it is scary as fuck. He says they didnt list the scary shit when he took it tho. He never used either drug again.
And on the other hand, I have another friend that cant stop and is actually in rehab right now. Hope it works for him. So i guess it really depends on the person.
A

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
i had a friend that came off cocaine cold turkey, and stop smoking using Chantix. If you google Chantix, it is scary as fuck. He says they didnt list the scary shit when he took it tho. He never used either drug again.
And on the other hand, I have another friend that cant stop and is actually in rehab right now. Hope it works for him. So i guess it really depends on the person.

It does, and different people will get addicted to different substances. While coke may be highly addictive to one, another may get nothing from coke and may be easily addicted to weed (yes, weed addiction exists in certain people).

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »
It does, and different people will get addicted to different substances. While coke may be highly addictive to one, another may get nothing from coke and may be easily addicted to weed (yes, weed addiction exists in certain people).
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
All  the pieces of shit slowly coming out of the wood work.
His posts all make sense now, you can take the drugs away from the junkie, but, you can't stop the junkie being a piece of shit!  The worst ones are the ones who go to 12 step programs, they just whiteknuckle it, smoke heaps of cigarettes, tell everyone their doing steps and preach to others about how wonderful they are now. 
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »
His posts all make sense now, you can take the drugs away from the junkie, but. you know the rest.
Brutal trolling failure.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
I know a person that abused drugs for a few years (opiates), than saw something that scared them and quit without rehab or any kind of detox or whatever.  They were sick as fuck for a day, but than, over it completely.

It's been a few years and this person hasn't touched any drugs.

How can that work?  I was just watching something on TV that made me curious about it?

I thought you generally had to come off slowly, maybe get some counseling, etc...

???

same thing happend to me with weed, felt like i was gonna meet my maker, never did it again, got real fat and the rest is hist....
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
Brutal trolling failure.
Not trolling dude, in my time I have had the misfortune of knowing addicts and SO CALLED recovering addicts, their mostly all the same Pieces of SHIT on or off the drugs.  Addiction is a disease of RELAPSE, you know and I know that at some point you will just relapse and pick up from where you left off, a miserable drug addict, ripping off everyone for your next fix.  Hope this helps.
V

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »
i wish something made me feel super awake and energy without the heart issues or any health issues  ;D
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »
Not trolling dude, in my time I have had the misfortune of knowing addicts and SO CALLED recovering addicts, their mostly all the same Pieces of SHIT on or off the drugs.  Addiction is a disease of RELAPSE, you know and I know that at some point you will just relapse and pick up from where you left off, a miserable drug addict, ripping off everyone for your next fix.  Hope this helps.
Meh, you can make all the leaps of logic about my character that you want, doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me. And yes, you are correct, 90% of junkies are pieces of shit and taking the drugs away doesn't change that.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
same thing happend to me with weed, felt like i was gonna meet my maker, never did it again, got real fat and the rest is hist....

Had you smoked  weed many times  before you tripped out or was this one of your first times?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
Meh, you can make all the leaps of logic about my character all you want, doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me.
Remember, before you relapse to call your sponsor.
V

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:10 PM »
Had you smoked  weed many times  before you tripped out or was this one of your first times?

i smoked it over 1000 times and then BAM i couldnt handle it

i attribute "epic leans" to weed and coffee while eating kale and some beer n creatine
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »
Remember, before you relapse to call your sponsor.
I don't do the 12 step system, doesn't work for me, all AA/NA did for me was to make me want to use more. I had to find something that mattered enough in my life to stop using, that was my wife and son.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
i wish something made me feel super awake and energy without the heart issues or any health issues  ;D

Had a square friend recently eat some weed and she tripped the fuck out. She called me Bc she know my history. I stayed with her for about 5 hours and she was tripping hard. She ate waaaaay too much for being a lightweight. Sucked

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 06:12:38 PM »
Opiate withdraw is a living hell! Been through it several times. A couple times when I was in college. Not sure how I made it through. I remember having severe panic attacks for weeks. I mean severe. Crying fits. Heavy depression. It was the most brutal thing I've ever been through.