Author Topic: NBA waste of talent  (Read 3397 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
NBA waste of talent
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9660465/jim-buss-comes-los-angeles-lakers

It's hard to say why we save the things we save when someone dies. Why a particular shirt feels meaningful or why it's hard to delete certain voicemails. The list of things a loved one leaves in a will might be long. It's often what they didn't have to include in the will that sticks with you.

Among other things, Jim Buss saved a voicemail from his father from Jan. 20, less than a month before the Lakers' Hall of Fame owner, Jerry Buss, died after an 18-month battle with cancer. He has replayed it so many times he knows it by heart.

" 'Hey Jim, it's your dad,' " Buss says, mimicking his father's squeaky voice. " 'What an incredible waste of talent. Oh well. The experiment didn't work.' "

Buss had missed the call. His dad had wanted to talk to him about the Los Angeles Lakers' disappointing season. Run though all the decisions they'd made together that hadn't turned out the way they'd hoped.

The offseason trades for Steve Nash and Dwight Howard that were supposed to make the $100 million Lakers title contenders, but ended up turning into an injury-riddled flop.

The early-season firing of coach Mike Brown and surprising hire of Mike D'Antoni (over Phil Jackson) that could have made them look like savvy geniuses but instead came off as misguided and hurried. They had discussed those things backward and forward a thousand times already, and all roads came back to the same place.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NBA waste of talent
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »
He better get Melo cause Lebron ain't comin there!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »
He better get Melo cause Lebron ain't comin there!
Honeydew Melons are pretty good and of course Watermelons are always the best.  I have made a few dishes from Lebanon and really enjoyed the Coriander Spiced rice.

If I had to choose between the various melons and the Lebanon rice, I would go with both actually as you could easily pair them up for a meal.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »
Honeydew Melons are pretty good and of course Watermelons are always the best.  I have made a few dishes from Lebanon and really enjoyed the Coriander Spiced rice.

If I had to choose between the various melons and the Lebanon rice, I would go with both actually as you could easily pair them up for a meal.

you have any friends in real life?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:52:01 PM »

Gonna be working in Canton NC soon. Got any recommendations of restaurants?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
Nothing there but Waffle House.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »

That is one stinky ass town.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:22:19 PM »
arce what kind of drug did JR Smith test + for recently and is suspended for the first 5 games.?? Weed or PEDS??

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »
  Not sure. QB, do you know?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 07:00:47 AM »
arce what kind of drug did JR Smith test + for recently and is suspended for the first 5 games.?? Weed or PEDS??

weed

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »
weed

considering he is coming off a surgery and won't be able to start the year they should just say he is ready 5 games or so before he actually is  ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »
James Worthy killing them.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
The Lakers need to forget about Lebron or Melo and all that BS.  Time to build a fucking team and win.  Do what OKC did or the Spurs do.  Trying to depend on Free Agents who are just in their prime is BS, they maybe get 3-5 good seasons out of any potential FA. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
  What did Worthy say?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
In a related NBA note the Heat have signed Michael Beasley, they will now be known as the Miami Rehabs!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »
  What did Worthy say?
He was smooth and relaxed as always, and running the court.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »
In a related NBA note the Heat have signed Michael Beasley, they will now be known as the Miami Rehabs!
Beagles do make good dogs.  I have never heard of any problems that they need to rehab at all and I think they do well in all climates.  It would be great to take one on a Miami beach for a little stroll.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 04:33:28 PM »
Beagles do make good dogs.  I have never heard of any problems that they need to rehab at all and I think they do well in all climates.  It would be great to take one on a Miami beach for a little stroll.

Nah they have a terribly annoying bark.

On topic, it was nice to see the Lakers suck for a season.  I hope their stretch of mediocrity continues. 

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »
considering he is coming off a surgery and won't be able to start the year they should just say he is ready 5 games or so before he actually is  ;)
This is what will happen. This isn't the first time he tested + for weed.