Author Topic: The Balkans  (Read 7614 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
The Balkans
« on: January 19, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
Anybody want to share their experiences with traveling to the area? Are most of the lower countries primarily Moslem due to the Ottoman Empire? Is there still Russian influence? Are they American friendly, or are they too different from Western Europe that they hate the Americans, which are mostly of Western European descent.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: The Balkans
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:04:44 PM »
I am just laughing at reading your post and realizing how it all relates to your many utter ignorant comments in the politics section. It's entertaining.  ;D Islam bashing, etc...

BTW, fact check, most of the world doesn't like the US actually. "Mozzlem" or otherwise. And it's "Muslim" just for your information. And in case you didn't realize the areas ruled under the Ottomans were culturally mixed and preserved their religions and cultures alongside Muslims. So there isn't any particular 'mozzlem' exclusive area.

I just won't give you the information because maybe you could read and learn something on your own instead of make comments of 'you dont care' when something is being explained to you that doesn't please.

Even western Europe doesn't like America. I know it may come as a big shock to you. Whether it be UK, Germany, France, etc... Even if their governments are your 'allies'

Word of advice? Pretend you're Canadian.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
I am just laughing at reading your post and realizing how it all relates to your many utter ignorant comments in the politics section. It's entertaining.  ;D Islam bashing, etc...

BTW, fact check, most of the world doesn't like the US actually. "Mozzlem" or otherwise. And it's "Muslim" just for your information. And in case you didn't realize the areas ruled under the Ottomans were culturally mixed and preserved their religions and cultures alongside Muslims. So there isn't any particular 'mozzlem' area.

I just won't give you the information because maybe you could read and learn something on your own.

I somtimes hear people on CNN, FOX, MSNBC have a disscussion about the iraq or Afghan wars. and theres four diffrent "experts"for example talking about it. theres ALWAS one guy who refuses to say MUS-LIM lol, its funny.EVERYONE else says "muslims do this" or "muslims do that" and the one guy feels the need to say "moslems do this" "moslems do that". I dont feel offended at all i just find it funny.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 04:24:46 AM »
Oh yea, Serbija is brother of Rossiya.
RUS still delivers loads of humanitarian help for the poor country that Americans raped.
Last summer Russian planes were there putting off wild fires.

Putin is like a god there as you can see from this video... people carrying his pic and all:

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:58 AM »

Even western Europe doesn't like America. I know it may come as a big shock to you. Whether it be UK, Germany, France, etc... Even if their governments are your 'allies'

Yea I don't know where they get this idea.
In my experience most people are neutral as with any other nationality.

Now last summer there was a program where they asked people in Iceland whether they would like Finland and Sweden to come help them in their airspace monitoring (as Iceland doesn't have AF).
Normal guy on street said: "Rather Finland and Sweden than USA".

Now, If I see a yankee hoovering on street I'm not going to shout at him but I'm not bowing either.
I don't hate Americans - I try to not hate anyone - but the amount of suffering those guys are causing makes me more like sad. I know I'm safe but I'm pretty emphatic guy (no homo) and can feel the fear of those who must sleep waiting their home to explode in pieces or someone knocking on door and taking them away so they maybe never see their families again.

Oh, guess this is not on the subject too much anymore though  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
I somtimes hear people on CNN, FOX, MSNBC have a disscussion about the iraq or Afghan wars. and theres four diffrent "experts"for example talking about it. theres ALWAS one guy who refuses to say MUS-LIM lol, its funny.EVERYONE else says "muslims do this" or "muslims do that" and the one guy feels the need to say "moslems do this" "moslems do that". I dont feel offended at all i just find it funny.

The only knowledge I have of Moslems, are from the books I read by Lord Kinross, Ataturk and The Ottoman Centuries, and that's how the word was spelled in his book. Not to mention, my computer doesn't correct it, but it was made by a Jew so who knows. And yes, from what I read, at times there was harmony between Christians and Moslems in the empire. I'm asking about now, how is the travel?  Ahmed, you are a European expatriot, how is that area? I wanted next summer to possible travel there, maybe on a cruise, but not sure. And yes, when I go abroad, I try not to associate with Americans, and remember Ahmed, this is get big, most of the bashing is a little tongue and cheek, and not that I have ever really said anything that off key. Anyway, please feel free to talk about your experiences.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 06:19:05 AM »
Bump

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

Yea I don't know where they get this idea.
In my experience most people are neutral as with any other nationality.

Now last summer there was a program where they asked people in Iceland whether they would like Finland and Sweden to come help them in their airspace monitoring (as Iceland doesn't have AF).
Normal guy on street said: "Rather Finland and Sweden than USA".

Now, If I see a yankee hoovering on street I'm not going to shout at him but I'm not bowing either.
I don't hate Americans - I try to not hate anyone - but the amount of suffering those guys are causing makes me more like sad. I know I'm safe but I'm pretty emphatic guy (no homo) and can feel the fear of those who must sleep waiting their home to explode in pieces or someone knocking on door and taking them away so they maybe never see their families again.

Oh, guess this is not on the subject too much anymore though  ;D
Yep. America is worse than Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin and McCartney combined.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »
lol bas me interesuje gdje ce ga zaklat prvo LOL just kidding.

Take my advice pretend you are Canadian NOT American ;) It will help you all across Europe and potentially Africa and middle-east.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:22 PM »
i wouldnt necesarly say im american in serbia, nor in bosnia.

however, the serbian ppl rather dislike the us govt, not their people.

in croatia americans will be fine.

in montenegro everyone cares only for money.

something like that.

Truth

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 03:02:11 AM »
Oh yea, Serbija is brother of Rossiya.
RUS still delivers loads of humanitarian help for the poor country that Americans raped.
Last summer Russian planes were there putting off wild fires.

Putin is like a god there as you can see from this video... people carrying his pic and all:

Mass243, can you speak Russian?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Mass243, can you speak Russian?

Only trying to learn a bit. But old dog learns slowly if at all  ;D

More about Balkans;
I remember the pics of people cheering on streets when Russian airborne troops arrived in area and took over the Pristina airport in Kosovo !!

The man who was in command of 200 Russian paratroopers who captured Pristina airport before American forces (excellent achievement from small unit operating without support plus considering the state of RUS during those horrible times) is nowadays president of Republic of Ingushetia, Russian Federation:
Yunus-bek Yevkurov - tough mofo

The move was supposed to be a prelude for deployment of more Russian forces in country to save as many civilians from bloodshed as possible but USA managed to blackmail surrounding countries to deny flights of Russian planes in their airspace.
The main reason behind operation cancellation of course was the Russian "government" itself back then; no one would have shot down a Russian military plane if they really would have begun the deployment.
No one. So if there were capable men in Kremlin cabinets back then, the deployment would have went on.
But drunk american mule Yeltsin was in charge back then.... now he is hopefully burning in hell with blood of thousands of Serbians (who died because his incapability to defend those in need) in his hands.

PS. Sorry for slightly off-topic but thread wasn't too lively anyways so little harm was done  ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 12:56:53 AM »
Only trying to learn a bit. But old dog learns slowly if at all  ;D

More about Balkans;
I remember the pics of people cheering on streets when Russian airborne troops arrived in area and took over the Pristina airport in Kosovo !!

The man who was in command of 200 Russian paratroopers who captured Pristina airport before American forces (excellent achievement from small unit operating without support plus considering the state of RUS during those horrible times) is nowadays president of Republic of Ingushetia, Russian Federation:
Yunus-bek Yevkurov - tough mofo

The move was supposed to be a prelude for deployment of more Russian forces in country to save as many civilians from bloodshed as possible but USA managed to blackmail surrounding countries to deny flights of Russian planes in their airspace.
The main reason behind operation cancellation of course was the Russian "government" itself back then; no one would have shot down a Russian military plane if they really would have begun the deployment.
No one. So if there were capable men in Kremlin cabinets back then, the deployment would have went on.
But drunk american mule Yeltsin was in charge back then.... now he is hopefully burning in hell with blood of thousands of Serbians (who died because his incapability to defend those in need) in his hands.

PS. Sorry for slightly off-topic but thread wasn't too lively anyways so little harm was done  ;D

Interesting posts!

Reason I asked if you could speak Russian is that I hear it's one of the hardest to learn....don't know if this is just BS because of the different alphabet which I'm sure can be learned relatively quickly.
Some have claimed that even after 6 years of studying, they not fluent, so I don't know.
Would like to give the language a try.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:02:06 AM »
I would assume that Russian and Finnish would be similar due to their proximity to each other.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 05:35:52 AM »
lol bas me interesuje gdje ce ga zaklat prvo LOL just kidding.

Take my advice pretend you are Canadian NOT American ;) It will help you all across Europe and potentially Africa and middle-east.
Not always just being white is often enough.
I lived in Dar es Salaam for a short time a few years ago, they have a large Arab comunity there.
They openly hated us when walking past us on the streets, when driving etc
I still remember when I walked into the mess room every day at work you could cut the tension with a knife, the Arabs hated the fact that a whitey was there.
Another Engineer and I went to a resturant one night and the Arabs had a shit fit that we sat at the table next to them.
The poor waitress asked us to move and we refused, they then moved.
And I am not even an American.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 10:23:57 AM »
Not always just being white is often enough.
I lived in Dar es Salaam for a short time a few years ago, they have a large Arab comunity there.
They openly hated us when walking past us on the streets, when driving etc
I still remember when I walked into the mess room every day at work you could cut the tension with a knife, the Arabs hated the fact that a whitey was there.
Another Engineer and I went to a resturant one night and the Arabs had a shit fit that we sat at the table next to them.
The poor waitress asked us to move and we refused, they then moved.
And I am not even an American.

lol I am white, but since I became muslim and have a beard, etc... I never experience such things, in fact living in arab country i never experienced such a thing neither did my family. Only if you have something representing the US in some shape or form did you get bad looks, that's about it.

There's a reason Americans are hated, and well everyone knows it but Americans themselves lol. They've created and are creating a bad rep for themselves every day, and as such... other people who APPEAR american get the blame.

Kind of how americans spread hate of Arabs, Muslims, Brown people, and idiot americans assume then sikhs, hindus, etc... are Arabs or Muslim or something lol.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »
lol I am white, but since I became muslim and have a beard, etc... I never experience such things, in fact living in arab country i never experienced such a thing neither did my family. Only if you have something representing the US in some shape or form did you get bad looks, that's about it.

There's a reason Americans are hated, and well everyone knows it but Americans themselves lol. They've created and are creating a bad rep for themselves every day, and as such... other people who APPEAR american get the blame.

Kind of how americans spread hate of Arabs, Muslims, Brown people, and idiot americans assume then sikhs, hindus, etc... are Arabs or Muslim or something lol.

I will agree that Americans probably are disliked in the Middle East, and not without reason. I realize this, and anytime I am abroad, I try not to socialize with idiot Americans, you know, fat gotee NASCAR hat wearing fools. But, from what I've said on these boards in the past, Ahmed, I'm sure you'd disagree with my assumption of myself.  ;D

Anyway, back to the Balkans, how is it? Like I said I am planning on maybe going to Dubrovnik and Greece among other places.

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »
Not much muslims around here to be honest,even if we are neighbors with Turkey .. but the 500 slavery made us not very friendly against them , don't wanna sound racist at all its just the facts.
Are most of the lower countries primarily Moslem due to the Ottoman Empire?
yes if you going to Albania .. and no for the rest of the Balkans .. of course you will see turks but they are everywhere around Europe.The Ottoman empire have the reversed effect these days as i mention above.The turks living here are mostly Christians (example of that is the recent failed assassination attempt made in Bulgaria, the target was turk as the attacker but the main difference was one was muslim the other one was christian)
Are they American friendly, or are they too different from Western Europe that they hate the Americans, which are mostly of Western European descent.
In my opinion most of the Balkans are just neutral of where you coming from .. seriously the myth about hating Americans is just exaggerated. Exaggerated is also how poor and unfriendly we are. Of Course we cannot compete with the big countries but still .. Last thing is this part of Europe (the Balkans) are full with history , seriously if you like that this is it.For example Bulgaria is the oldest country if Europe who never change his name through his entire history (Bulgaria was founded in 681 AD).
last thing .. let the bashing begin .. lol
sorry for the crappy English guys.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 12:30:45 PM »
Interesting posts!

Reason I asked if you could speak Russian is that I hear it's one of the hardest to learn....don't know if this is just BS because of the different alphabet which I'm sure can be learned relatively quickly.
Some have claimed that even after 6 years of studying, they not fluent, so I don't know.
Would like to give the language a try.

Alphabets are definitely no obstacle, even I have managed to learn them so far.
Something irritating is that they talk that 'mumbling-way' and it makes it impossible to try listen to natives speak and learn from that  ;D
I have found that method the most effective in polishing my english; I watched and still watch plenty of American news channels and I give that huge credit for boosting my english.... but obviously that's not working with russian.

Encouraging is the story of one Finnish actor who moved to St. Pete to study in theater-school without speaking a word of Russian.
Now he's big star there and speaks fluent Russian.

On subject: Obviously both eventually managed to fit in the Kosovo/Serbia/ex-Yugoslavia ;D

American Hummers in background, in front Russian btr

Cool story I read is that when Russian forces stopped a car in Kosovo and inside it were some terrorist leader.
They of course arrested the terrorists. Terrorist said "this would be different if you didn't have a rifle".
Russian soldier freed arrested mans hands and threw his AK away and beat the terrorist to shit by bare hands  ;D

Haha, of course that's an unconfirmed legend but I have no hard time believing it when it's Russians we are talking about....
During the Chechen war reporters asked Russian operation commander about alleged human right violations against Geneva agreements  by RUS troops.
Commander responded "I have never heard of Geneva agreements and definitely not signed any"   ;D 8)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »
what i need help with is if i go bosnia or serbia i need aas sources LOOL... i am not 100% if its OTC to get galenika testosterone depot.. i wonder if i can get schering primo otc there too??? I know in Turkey you can get schering primo otc but that's turkey hehe

Cuz I'm on trt and if im on a cycle and travelling there. I do have family in the region. I have slav blood too ;)