Author Topic: Is McDonalds and Fast Food Poison?  (Read 33296 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Is McDonalds and Fast Food Poison?
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
exactly, when the fat is literally dripping out of the meat and theres salt poured on it, with those gluten filled bread pieces and the hcfs sauces, ofc itll "taste" great.

to me a turkeysteak from the grill beats any meat from mcdonalds, just the meat vs meat, no things added.

and why is it that after a mcdonalds burger the inside of stomach feels like youve eatin a brick ;D
The fat doesn`t drip out of the meat at all.  The patties ARE NOT fatty and are 80/20 ratio.  There is not much salt and ALL BREAD IS MADE WITH GLUTEN.  GLUTEN IS WHAT MAKES BREAD BREAD.  Gluten is what gives all bread, INCLUDING WHAT YOU BAKE AT HOME, its structure.

I take it you have never baked a loaf of bread at home before or ate something at a bakery.  

How come I can eat 5 Mcdonalds burgers at a time and feel like a million bucks?  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2013, 08:37:54 AM »
Obviously you've never been to In and Out where they actually get in fresh raw beef and just form patties out it and cook it.  Compare that to what McDonald's calls beef.  Sure at one time their beef may have been high quality, but that moment lasted the time it took to drive in the meat from the farm to their factories where they then processes the shit out of it.
::)

Mcdonalds uses 100 percent beef and nothing else.  In and out uses a 60/40 blend of meat, much fattier than Mcdonalds or Burger King.  In and Out is very good.  I prefer Steak And Shake 1000 times over and they make the patties as well, never frozen.  Also, WENDY`S are never frozen and are freshly made, just to let you know.  All meat is processed.  It is ILLEGAL to sell meat unprocessed. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2013, 08:38:44 AM »
I do that all the time and I can make the one at home "smell funky" if I used dry aged Chuck especially.  Mcdonalds has no "funky smell" whatsoever.  Just another thing you made up.  There is a lot of Science behind taste bias by the way.

PWNED

Why would I make up such a thing? Last time I bought a McD's burger I tossed it in the garbage because it smelled like shit. You seem to try and go way over board with your attempts to defend McDonald's. High fructose corn syrup? lol come man most people taste buds are so fucked up from eating shit they can't tell the difference and it's no surprise and it's NOT whether someone can tell the difference from sugar or HFS it's what it does to the body. Lot's of poisons have no taste doesn't make them healthy to eat.  ::) No you haven't PWNED me or anyone just more google search copy and paste BS.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
Both Mcd's beef patties and steak taste great to me.

One thing to consider, is why not many death row inmates order mcdoubles over steak for their last meal.

Maybe it's because when you blow away all the smoke and the agendas we often have in these dicussions, most guys would prefer the taste of grilled steak over grilled Mcd's patties.
Kentucky Fried Chicken is the most requested Final Meal of Prisoners actually.  Not that they get it though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/comfort-foods-last-meal_n_1839009.html

More than two-thirds of the condemned ordered fried foods, mostly french fries, and they ordered dessert at about the same rate. Inmates were five times more likely to request soda than milk.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2013, 08:53:50 AM »
hold on havent you heard of gluten free bread?it exists ;D

the fat doesnt drip out of the meat?no comeon, maybe not when its raw, but take the meat of quarterpounder and squeeze or press it and see what happens.

look, mcdonalds food tastes so good simply because of the above listed things.

its good tasting food but could be just as tasty with less calories and questionable ingrediendts like hcfs.

Gluten Free bread is not bread as far as I am concerned.  Bread has been baked for thousands and thousands of years and this Gluten Free Nonsense is less than 10 years old.  REAL BREAD has Gluten as a structure-Its simple-Flour, Water, Yeast and Salt and you have bread.  This Gluten Free shit is NOT bread.

Mcdonalds patties are dry and not juicy, they aren`t meant to be.  In and Out are juicy, you probably would have a meltdown and die if you pressed down on one of those or if you made something at home.  The quarter pounder is the SAME meat as the Big Mac and Hamburgers.  The only other variation they have is the Angus burger.  

Mcdonalds is LOW calories when compared to a burger I would make at home.  VERY LOW.  I don`t see how or why you would want to make it any lower, its not much calories at all to begin with.  A Mcdonalds hamburger alone-regular hamburger-is only 250 calories.  Now when I grind my beef at home, depending on what type of burger I make, what cuts I use and what I put on it- I easily make mine over 1000 calories apiece.  See the difference there?

HCFS is not a questionable ingredient and is perfectly fine.  

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2013, 08:56:01 AM »
Kentucky Fried Chicken is the most requested Final Meal of Prisoners actually.  Not that they get it though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/comfort-foods-last-meal_n_1839009.html

More than two-thirds of the condemned ordered fried foods, mostly french fries, and they ordered dessert at about the same rate. Inmates were five times more likely to request soda than milk.

Rubbish, I got exactly what I ordered.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2013, 08:56:13 AM »
exactly, when the fat is literally dripping out of the meat and theres salt poured on it, with those gluten filled bread pieces and the hcfs sauces, ofc itll "taste" great.

to me a turkeysteak from the grill beats any meat from mcdonalds, just the meat vs meat, no things added.

and why is it that after a mcdonalds burger the inside of stomach feels like youve eatin a brick ;D

All proper wheat bread contains the protein gluten tho.  It gives Western bread its unique ability to encapsulate air since it imparts the structural support necessary support gasses generated by yeast leavening.  It's what makes our bread so cool, and is responsible for the Western tradition of pastry making since no one else had a material like gluten which could hold structure or provide a foundation for steam layer separation.  Its why Europe left the rest of the world behind in the baking department.

The 'marshmallow' bread you get everywhere from fast food joints to the grocery to chain bakeries is a function of rapid acting blowing agents (production benefiting chemicals) added to reduce production line time and improve profit.  No one is giving factory bread multiple rises over periods of hours. The result is bad bread with no crust whatsoever and a uniform, pasty, nondescript crumb.  It's so ubiquitous (idk about in europe) that people have come to regard it as 'bread.'

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2013, 08:56:57 AM »
Sorry, but there are a TON of chefs, 3 star Michelin rated restaurants-highest rating, who I have posted before that will tell you Fast Food-including Mcdonalds is exquisite food. Do you not believe me, or do I have to post it again? LOL

I would like to see this.

Not doubting you, I'd just like to see their thoughts, sounds interesting.  I would have thought intuitively that most high-level chefs would be quite dismissive of fare like McD's.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:16 AM »
All proper wheat bread contains the protein gluten tho.  It gives Western bread its unique ability to encapsulate air since it imparts the structural support necessary support gasses generated by yeast leavening.  It's what makes our bread so cool, and is responsible for the Western tradition of pastry making since no one else had a material like gluten which could hold structure or provide a foundation for steam layer separation.  Its why Europe left the rest of the world behind in the baking department.

The 'marshmallow' bread you get everywhere from fast food joints to the grocery to chain bakeries is a function of rapid acting blowing agents (production benefiting chemicals) added to reduce production line time and improve profit.  No one is giving factory bread multiple rises over periods of hours. The result is bad bread with no crust whatsoever and a uniform, pasty, nondescript crumb.  It's so ubiquitous (idk about in europe) that people have come to regard it as 'bread.'

:o

Don't mess with Tapeworm!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:50 AM »

Thats not entirely true.  There are multiple rises and putting a crust on a bread from the production line would cause it to go stale nearly immediately as there would be no moisture left.  Not good.  Check this out how bread is made.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2013, 09:01:29 AM »
Three spicy McChickens and a XL large Diet Coke. $4.23.  Not the worst "on the road meal"  IMO.

Mcdonald'S Mcchicken Sandwhich (1 Sandwhich) (1 serving)
calories: 360, fat: 16g, carbs: 40g, protein: 14g
a

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2013, 09:01:49 AM »

Not doubting you, I'd just like to see their thoughts, sounds interesting.  I would have thought intuitively that most high-level chefs would be quite dismissive of fare like McD's.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/worlds-most-popular-chef-says-i-fancy-a-mcdonalds-992273.html

World's most popular chef says, 'I fancy a McDonald's'
El Bulli verdict: Nobody can make a better burger for that price

By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent
Wednesday, 5 November 2008

His 35-course menu is so dazzling that two million people try to book his restaurant each year, 400 for every table, and even some food critics claim it has changed their lives forever. But Ferran Adria, the Spanish chef behind El Bulli, has revealed that he actually wants to eat at McDonald's.

In an interview with The Independent, Adria said it had been a long time since he had visited the burger giant, which has been attacked over its approach to animals, the environment and health and castigated by many as a symbol of US culinary imperialism. "But I want to go back," he added.

Adria – whose restaurant has been named the world's best for three years running by Restaurant magazine – said he did not think he could make a better hamburger for the money. He said he would like to visit McDonald's to "discover" its cooking.

As the head chef of El Bulli, in Girona, northern Spain, Adria creates scientifically-developed dishes such as menthol watermelon and hibiscus paper with blackcurrant and eucalyptus. A meal at El Bulli is a five-hour extravaganza, from which diners are sometimes forced to take a break after experiencing sensory overload.

In London to promote his new book, A Day at El Bulli, Adria said people's diet could be improved through education, and he praised Jamie Oliver for doing more than any other chef to publicise the benefits of healthy eating.

But he added: "I don't think people should come and say, 'McDonald's isn't good', if you don't give me an alternative; what is the alternative, for the same price? It's like saying everybody should be driving an Aston Martin or Rolls-Royce; most people don't drive them. Cars have the price they have.

"About five or 10 years ago, the mobile phone didn't exist and people could live without it. With the price you pay for a phone, you could be eating fresh fish every day. [But] if you ask most children would they rather have a phone or eat fresh fish, they are going to say 'a phone'."

Indicating that he was concerned that McDonald's would use his comments for marketing, Adria nonetheless suggested said that if the fast-food giant hired 10 of the world's top chefs they would not be able to make a better burger – for the price.

"Maybe... they could increase the price and make a hamburger of the best quality with fresh meat. And people would have the option to eat it – but it's going to cost three times as much," he said. "I've only been [to McDonald's] three times in my entire life, now it's ages since I went there. But I want to go back."

Adria, who closes El Bulli from January to May to develop new dishes, says most tastes and flavours have yet to be discovered.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »

Not doubting you, I'd just like to see their thoughts, sounds interesting.  I would have thought intuitively that most high-level chefs would be quite dismissive of fare like McD's.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-15/mcdonald-s-wins-over-french-chef-with-mcbaguette-sandwich.html

McDonald’s Wins Over French Chef With McBaguette Sandwich
By Richard Vines & Caroline Connan - Jan 15, 2013 6:00 PM ET

“I’m lovin’ it,” Pierre Koffmann said after tasting for Bloomberg Television at a McDonald’s on Rue de Rivoli, in Paris. “If I was hungry walking by, I’d buy it with pleasure.”

“The garnish is good: There’s plenty of salad and plenty of everything. The bread isn’t a pure baguette because this one is shorter, but it’s good bread. Not the top bread in Paris but it’s good. I’m not disappointed by it,” said Koffmann, who held three Michelin stars at La Tante Claire in London in the 1990s.

Koffmann preferred it to a baguette from a local baker.

“I’ll go with McDonald’s,” Koffmann said. “The garnish is better. This other one was probably made this morning at 6. It looks better, with good-quality bread, but McDonald’s has a lot more garnish. The McDonald’s is warm. Bread is always better warm. It’s a trick, but McDonald’s is doing the trick.”

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
Do McDonald burgers not make a persons skin look all blotchy and unhealthy?

I like these burgers every now and then, but people who eat too much of don't seem to have too healthy looking skin.

I think the food might be high in acidity.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »

I like these burgers every now and then, but people who eat too much of don't seem to have too healthy looking skin.

I think there's a high correlation between people who eat fast food on a frequent basis and living an overall unhealthy lifestyle (lack of exercise, high stress, etc.).  As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, you can very easily be healthy and fit while eating McDonald's.

Exercise really is the best preventive medicine for pretty much anything.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2013, 09:07:42 AM »

Not true.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »

Blotchy skin from McD's???  I think I have heard it all now.......

TA love that Adrià reference.  Brilliant!! 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »
Blotchy skin from McD's???  I think I have heard it all now.......

TA love that Adrià reference.  Brilliant!! 

I meant this sort of fast food in general, not specifically McDonalds.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »
I think there's a high correlation between people who eat fast food on a frequent basis and living an overall unhealthy lifestyle (lack of exercise, high stress, etc.).  As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, you can very easily be healthy and fit while eating McDonald's.

Exercise really is the best preventive medicine for pretty much anything.

NAIL ON THE HEAD.

There are social undertones to every poor health outcome, and it's identifying these factors that's useful, not pointing to the food or drug being consumed, or dissecting it to find out which 'evil ingredient' in a bigmac is causing heart failure LOL!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »
NAIL ON THE HEAD.

There are social undertones to every poor health outcome, and it's identifying these factors that's useful, not pointing to the food or drug being consumed, or dissecting it to find out which 'evil ingredient' in a bigmac is causing heart failure LOL!!!
Everybody wants someone else to blame except themselves.  I can`t stand the massive amount of hysteria and disinformation/misinformation when it comes to food. I just got done eating one of my homemade Mallomar Bars and now I am about to eat an Ice Cream Cone dipped in Chocolate and Peanuts.  Later on I will have Carne Adovada more Mallomars and whatever else I want, yet I maintain abs year round.

Even if I didnt work out I could easily do it.  The problem lies with the stupidity of the individual.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
Everybody wants someone else to blame except themselves.  I can`t stand the massive amount of hysteria and disinformation/misinformation when it comes to food. I just got done eating one of my homemade Mallomar Bars and now I am about to eat an Ice Cream Cone dipped in Chocolate and Peanuts.  Later on I will have Carne Adovada more Mallomars and whatever else I want, yet I maintain abs year round.

Even if I didnt work out I could easily do it.  The problem lies with the stupidity of the individual.

Hahaha, great line.

Just the name of the Mallomar Bar sounds bloody delicious - how do you make them Adam? I'd like something a bit different to make with the kids.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »

it's basically comes from greedy fucks who want to make $$$ by trying to convince us that we need thier nutritional product and/or thier diet idea

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
Most chefs are over weight fat fuck diabetics. Not a good example of someone who should be giving out health advise.