Author Topic: Teen gunman fatally shoots 5 in U.S. home  (Read 2964 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Teen gunman fatally shoots 5 in U.S. home
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »
True enough. But per the story this wasn't a street thug who obtained illegal weapons to use. These were ordinary americants with weapons in their home.
The story didnt say anything about how he obtained his weapons.

He was a teenager so we know he didnt go buy them himself...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »
you dont advocate the banning of any guns?

thats news to me, youve been on here mutiple times ranting and raving about "assault weapons" and wanting them banned.

youre not ranting and raving against knives over a certain length, sharpened tips, hammers over a certain size etc.

This is nothing more than an attempt to politicize a tragic situation to further political agenda.

feel free to bump any post where you think I "ranted and raved"

I will get a laugh to see what you think that looks like

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
I hope shooting victims don't whine for their lives when they're being shot to death.

I mean, have some respect for the constitution, crybaby.

Am I right?

G

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
The story didnt say anything about how he obtained his weapons.

He was a teenager so we know he didnt go buy them himself...

I'll bet they belonged to his parents

I wonder if they even bothered to lock them

They had young kids in the house and one would hope that they kept them locked up if only to prevent the kids from getting at them and having an accident

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
I hope shooting victims don't whine for their lives when they're being shot to death.

I mean, have some respect for the constitution, crybaby.

Am I right?

the story is actually pretty sad and gruesome

Mom shot in her sleep, younger son wakes up and asks older son what happened and he showed his brother the mothers bloody head and then shot him in the head and went into his sisters room and they were crying and he shot them both in the head

really just unreal to imagine someone could do that to anyone but especially their own family

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 05:15:38 PM »

They had young kids in the house and one would hope that they kept them locked up if only to prevent the kids from getting at them and having an accident
This, exactly this.
If you have children and don't keep your firearms locked up, you're a fucking idiot.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »

On this we can totally agree...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »
why didn't this guy just use a hammer ?
I think I'd rather be shot than killed with a hammer which happens you know but I suppose you think it doesn't and of course we'll all be safe when there are no more guns lol...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »
I think I'd rather be shot than killed with a hammer which happens you know but I suppose you think it doesn't and of course we'll all be safe when there are no more guns lol...

I'll keep that in mind if I decide to kill you

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
I'll keep that in mind if I decide to kill you
::)

Thinking that people like this will change their mind if they don't have a firearm available has got to be the dumbest thing I've heard in this debate.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
::)

Thinking that people like this will change their mind if they don't have a firearm available has got to be the dumbest thing I've heard in this debate.

agreed

now show me where I ever said that they would change their mind

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »

Ditto

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
agreed

now show me where I ever said that they would change their mind

what the hell is the point of asking why he didn't just use a hammer?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:46 PM »
what the hell is the point of asking why he didn't just use a hammer?

the point out the utter STUPIDITY of another poster on this board who started threads saying we should ban hammers, cars, swimming pools, etc..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »
the point out the utter STUPIDITY of another poster on this board who started threads saying we should ban hammers, cars, swimming pools, etc..
should we highlight all posts that call for stronger gun regulations as if that will stop ppl like this?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »
should we highlight all posts that call for stronger gun regulations as if that will stop ppl like this?

is there a legal requirement to lock guns up in that state?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »

I've never said stronger gun regulations would stop people intent on committing mass murder

I've said that MANY MANY times now

I wonder how many more times you'll keep pretending otherwise

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 06:38:20 PM »

is there a legal requirement to lock guns up in that state?
not that I know of, its pretty common fucking sense though especially if you have children in the house.

Even if there was one it wouldnt do much good as it would be near impossible to enforce.

I dont think my dad ever had a gun available to me and my brother growing up but we had a big safe. Even if there was one there we were both educated and warned very well about ever touching a gun without an adult there.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »

this

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 06:40:02 PM »
I've never said stronger gun regulations would stop people intent on committing mass murder

so again it isnt total body count that matters, its body count at one time that matters.

B/c weve already proven that many more ppl die by other means of murder than assault rifles.

of course you will call me a name and tell me Im wrong but thats exactly what youre implying...::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 06:40:56 PM »

then what's the point of wanting tougher gun control?  You are the person who thinks we should only be able to own muskets lol...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
not that I know of, its pretty common fucking sense though especially if you have children in the house.

Even if there was one it wouldnt do much good as it would be near impossible to enforce.

I dont think my dad ever had a gun available to me and my brother growing up but we had a big safe. Even if there was one there we were both educated and warned very well about ever touching a gun without an adult there.

in canada it's the law... guns locked up and ammo either locked up with them or stored separately... i agree it should be common sense but you know how that goes...

i agree that it's impossible to enforce this pre-crime... but it can certainly tack on years if found to be an issue as part of a crime or a separate investigation...

sometimes just making it the law helps people wise-up... i mean you could just pull your seat belt over your shoulder and pretend to wear it but most of us just click it in

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »

'Ridiculous' on this day: 5 shot on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in New Orleans

By Jeff Black, Staff Writer, NBC News

Five people standing outside a grocery store on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in New Orleans were wounded in a drive-by shooting on Monday, police said.

None of the injuries was considered life-threatening, officials said.

The incident took place at the intersection of LaSalle Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, police said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas, who was among those who responded to the scene, told NBC station WDSU that six teenage boys or young men were outside a small grocery when a late-model white sedan drove past, with shots fired from inside the car.

The car then sped off.

A New Orleans Police Department official told the station that a surveillance camera captured the incident and that video recordings were being reviewed.

The violence happened shortly after New Orleans' annual parade honoring slain civil rights activist and nonviolence standard-bearer Martin Luther King Jr. passed through the neighborhood.

The irony was not lost on police or residents.

"It's ridiculous this violence happened on this day," one witness told WDSU.

"It's the state of affairs in our nation that young men do not heed the words of Martin Luther King Jr.," Serpas told the Times-Picayune, which also reported that the shooting did not appear to be linked to the parade.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:38 PM »
then what's the point of wanting tougher gun control?  You are the person who thinks we should only be able to own muskets lol...

really?

I've only said it ten or twenty times now

the purpose is to reduce some of the incidents and more importantly to reduce the amount of death and carnage

Nothing it going to stop all violence just like seatbelts don't prevent all auto deaths

they just help reduce the severity of the accidents

Now, I wonder how many more times I'll have to say this very same thing

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 07:08:20 PM »
really?

I've only said it ten or twenty times now

the purpose is to reduce some of the incidents and more importantly to reduce the amount of death and carnage

Nothing it going to stop all violence just like seatbelts don't prevent all auto deaths

they just help reduce the severity of the accidents

Now, I wonder how many more times I'll have to say this very same thing

so I will say again, its not the total body count that bothers you but the amount of death at one time.

B/c as we have already shown murders by other mean happen much more often and your not pushing regulation on to limit those.