Author Topic: Cheating on a diet  (Read 5891 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Cheating on a diet
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:31 PM »
TA - do you always eat that much? I know you're pretty lean all the time, but you've got to go over 2500kcal on some days? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Hanukkah? Kwanzaa?
All the time.  But, if you are looking to get ripped, stay at 2000-2500 for a period of time and ripped you will be.  

On Today`s menus, Nashville Fried Chicken, Buttermilk Apple Cole Slaw, Cathead Biscuits and Lemon Squares.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
I wouldn't do cheat meals since that would wake up an insatiable animal inside and eat everything in site for a few days.
I am doing once a week 350g of relatively clean carbs refill.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »
2000-2500 is probably too much to lean out.  The average person needs that amount just to stay level.  To really start leaning down they need to get to about 1500-2000 max.  Macros are still important as well.  Eating just 2000 calories of carbs will not help to retain muscle.
If you are a lazy slob you might need to go lower.  However, 2000 for anyone who trains regularly and doesn`t sit in bed all day, will rip you up in due time.  Simple as that.  I have gotten lean on 2800 without having to go any lower.  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »
I wouldn't do cheat meals since that would wake up an insatiable animal inside and eat everything in site for a few days.

haha, like a crack addict trying to stay clean. stay on the wagon man.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
That would only happen if you are a moron without any self control. Plus if you eat whatever you like the whole time, you won`t ever have to act like that.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »
If you have the will power of a sissy

yes anorectics are such powerhouses.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »
All the time.  But, if you are looking to get ripped, stay at 2000-2500 for a period of time and ripped you will be.  

On Today`s menus, Nashville Fried Chicken, Buttermilk Apple Cole Slaw, Cathead Biscuits and Lemon Squares.

recipe please ?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »
does the Diet know you are being unfaithful ?
c

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17:09 PM »
recipe please ?

Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
Ingredients BRINE

2 quarts water
    1/2 cup hot sauce
    1/2 cup salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 (3 1/2-to 4-pound) whole chicken, quartered (see note)

COATING

3 quarts peanut or vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Instructions

1. BRINE CHICKEN Whisk water, hot sauce, salt, and sugar in large bowl until salt and sugar dissolve. Add chicken and refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.

2. BLOOM SPICES Heat 3 tablespoons oil in small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add cayenne, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and sugar and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to small bowl.

3. DREDGE Remove chicken from refrigerator and pour off brine. Combine flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl. Dredge chicken pieces 2 at a time in flour mixture. Shake excess flour from chicken and transfer to wire rack. (Do not discard seasoned flour.)

4. FRY AND BRUSH Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees. Heat remaining oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Return chicken pieces to flour mixture and turn to coat. Fry half of chicken, adjusting burner as necessary to maintain oil temperature between 300 and 325 degrees, until deep golden brown and white meat registers 160 degrees (175 degrees for dark meat), 20 to 25 minutes. Drain chicken on clean wire rack set inside rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Bring oil back to 350 degrees and repeat with remaining chicken. Stir spicy oil mixture to recombine and brush over both sides of chicken. Serve on white bread with pickles.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17:34 PM »
recipe please ?

get in car, drive to fried chicken joint down the street, order a bucket and go home.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
get in car, drive to fried chicken joint down the street, order a bucket and go home.
Wrong.  Only if you are in Nashville.  Otherwise you don`t stand a chance.  Above is the recipe. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »
Wrong.  Only if you are in Nashville.  Otherwise you don`t stand a chance.  Above is the recipe. 

Recipe sounds good, but too much work.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
Recipe sounds good, but too much work.
It really isn`t though.  I am confident you or anyone else could do it, as long as they have a thermometer. 

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
Ingredients BRINE

2 quarts water
    1/2 cup hot sauce
    1/2 cup salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 (3 1/2-to 4-pound) whole chicken, quartered (see note)

COATING

3 quarts peanut or vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Instructions

1. BRINE CHICKEN Whisk water, hot sauce, salt, and sugar in large bowl until salt and sugar dissolve. Add chicken and refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.

2. BLOOM SPICES Heat 3 tablespoons oil in small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add cayenne, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and sugar and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to small bowl.

3. DREDGE Remove chicken from refrigerator and pour off brine. Combine flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl. Dredge chicken pieces 2 at a time in flour mixture. Shake excess flour from chicken and transfer to wire rack. (Do not discard seasoned flour.)

4. FRY AND BRUSH Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 200 degrees. Heat remaining oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Return chicken pieces to flour mixture and turn to coat. Fry half of chicken, adjusting burner as necessary to maintain oil temperature between 300 and 325 degrees, until deep golden brown and white meat registers 160 degrees (175 degrees for dark meat), 20 to 25 minutes. Drain chicken on clean wire rack set inside rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Bring oil back to 350 degrees and repeat with remaining chicken. Stir spicy oil mixture to recombine and brush over both sides of chicken. Serve on white bread with pickles.

Thank You Adam  :)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 12:36:23 PM »
Get to 10% bodyfat then try this. Really simple to follow.

Eat clean for 3 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 4 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 5 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 6 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 7 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 8 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 9 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 10 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 11 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 12 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 13 days have a cheat day
Eat clean for 14 days have a cheat day

then Repeat

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
I didn't say it was hard, just said too much work for a meal.

It really isn`t though.  I am confident you or anyone else could do it, as long as they have a thermometer. 

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 09:22:44 AM »
I apreciate all opinions posted. No cheating means faster better leaner... My problem is trying to get to 6% without hormones and burners so it's not that easy fighting off hunger lol...I will try to cut cheating and be more disciplined.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
jan-cheat meal sat n sun
feb-cheat meal sunday
march- cheat meal sunday
april-cheat meal every 2 weeks
may-no cheat meals
june- im usually pretty lean by then so i can have cheat DAYS every sunday and pig out

this system worked pretty good for me since 95 so i stick with it
R

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »
I apreciate all opinions posted. No cheating means faster better leaner... My problem is trying to get to 6% without hormones and burners so it's not that easy fighting off hunger lol...I will try to cut cheating and be more disciplined.

Why no more hormonas winged lion?

When you and groink had that feud going, you looked pretty jacked at the end. That would be an ideal physique for everyday living that you could hold on to without too much work once you achieved it again.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »
Why no more hormonas winged lion?

When you and groink had that feud going, you looked pretty jacked at the end. That would be an ideal physique for everyday living that you could hold on to without too much work once you achieved it again.
if I decide to do hormonas starting ripped naturally, I will make sure it's eye popping don't worry

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »
if I decide to do hormonas starting ripped naturally, I will make sure it's eye popping don't worry

why not just jump on the gear

didnt you do this last year and end up really skinny

and subsequently end up on the juice anyway
T

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 11:01:37 AM »
Your.memory is a bit fuzzy my frinds

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 01:10:03 PM »
2000-2500 is probably too much to lean out.  The average person needs that amount just to stay level.  To really start leaning down they need to get to about 1500-2000 max.  Macros are still important as well.  Eating just 2000 calories of carbs will not help to retain muscle.
there are so many factors involved.....amount of lean muscle, activity level, drugs.  anyone over 200 pounds with a decent amount of muscle and a good training program should be able to cut on 2800-3000 cals a day.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »

I think you would be better off not cheating now - and cheating once every few days when you get down to the lower bf % because it would help keep your metabolism from stalling out.

Better even not to cheat but to just increase carbs (with healthy carbs) once or twice a week.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »
I think you would be better off not cheating now - and cheating once every few days when you get down to the lower bf % because it would help keep your metabolism from stalling out.

Better even not to cheat but to just increase carbs (with healthy carbs) once or twice a week.

x2
R