Author Topic: Does anyone plan on watching or giving a rats behind about the Inaguaration?  (Read 1796 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Update: Hotel rooms still available for low-interest inauguration
 The Examiner ^ | January 19, 2013 | 10:44 am | Byron York

Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:35:28 PM

A few days ago, I checked with a half-dozen Washington-area hotels, ranging from the luxe Willard Intercontinental to the not-so-luxe Hampton Inn, and found that all had rooms available for this weekend’s Obama inauguration festivities. That was a huge change from Obama’s first inauguration, in January 2009, when nearly all the area’s hotel rooms were sold out.

On Saturday, as Obama supporters arrived for the Monday ceremony, I checked with those hotels again. I asked if they had a room available for arrival on Saturday, staying three nights and departing on Tuesday, January 22. All still have rooms available.

Earlier this week, downtown’s Grand Hyatt had standard guest rooms available for $499 a night. They still do.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i have my onion dip made ,a couple of colt 45's in the frig

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I find that I can't watch or listen to O-Bozo for any length of time.  The way he constantly pauses and says "uhhh" when he speaks.  That smug look that's always on his face, his mannerisms.  Forgetting about his politics I just find him off-putting as a human being.

I will not be watching this, nor did I watch when Bush was inaugurated. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I find that I can't watch or listen to O-Bozo for any length of time.  The way he constantly pauses and says "uhhh" when he speaks.  That smug look that's always on his face, his mannerisms.  Forgetting about his politics I just find him off-putting as a human being.

I will not be watching this, nor did I watch when Bush was inaugurated. 

I will be going to work on MLK day and O-THUG 2nd Coronation day to pay taxes to finance this charade. 

FUBO

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
I don't have cable. To misquote Marx. Cable is the opiate of the masses.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Enjoy.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I'll be watching....actually watching the pre-stuff now.  He'll certainly give an indication as to what his agenda will be for the next 4 years.

bears

• Getbig IV
I'll be watching....actually watching the pre-stuff now.  He'll certainly give an indication as to what his agenda will be for the next 4 years.

yeah it should all be crystal clear after tonight.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
When Biden stepped out of that limo with the suit and shades on, I thought he was channeling Ric Flair.  Uncanny.  I expected him to let loose with a WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! scream and do the Flair strut up the road.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
When Biden stepped out of that limo with the suit and shades on, I thought he was channeling Ric Flair.  Uncanny.  I expected him to let loose with a WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! scream and do the Flair strut up the road.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
UPDATE: Inauguration Viewership Down Almost 50% From 2009; 20.5M Watch Swearing In

By DOMINIC PATTEN | Wednesday January 23, 2013 @ 9:45am PSTTags: Barack Obama, CNN, Fox News Channel, Inauguration, MSNBC

inShare.Comments 22

UPDATE, 9:45 AM: President Obama’s second inauguration pulled in almost half the viewership that watched his 2009 swearing-in. Monday’s ceremony and celebrations drew 20.552 million viewers overall between 10 AM and 4:30 PM for a 7.1 rating, accord to Nielsen data released today. The January 20, 2009 inauguration had 37.793 million watching over almost the same time period — good for a 13.2 rating. This year’s inaugural was broadcast, in various forms, by ABC, CBS, NBC, Univision, Telemundo, AZTECA, MundoFox, PBS, Fox News Channel, CNN Headline News, Fox Business Network, MSNBC, TV One, CNN, Current TV, CNBC, CENTRIC and BET.

PREVIOUS, MONDAY PM: Barack Obama‘s second Inauguration Day was a good day for CNN but all three cable news networks saw viewership drop from his first swearing in four years ago. On new boss Jeff Zucker’s first day on the job, CNN soundly beat out its rivals in viewership and among the adult 25-54 demographic. During the 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM block when the President took the oath of office on the Capitol steps and gave his Inaugural address, CNN pulled in 3.136 million viewers with 1.107 million in the 25-54 demo, according to Nielsen fast nationals. That’s more than double the 1.316 million total viewers and 294,000 in the 25-54 that Fox News Channel got. CNN also topped MSNBC’s 2.273 million total viewers and 706,000 among adults 25-54.  In primetime last night, CNN got 3.573 million total viewers with 1.266 million in adults 25-54. FNC pulled 1.666 million total viewers and 254,000 among the 25-54 between 8 and 11 PM. MSNBC had 1.365 million total viewers, with 456,000 among Adults 25-54. All of which means CNN beat FNC and MSNC combined among the key 25-53 demo.

Overall, all three news networks saw their viewership during the 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM slot drop by nearly 10 million from 2009. Those prime time numbers among the 24-54 are down significantly too for all three cable news networks from Obama’s first Inaugural four years ago. In 2009, CNN was in the top postion with FNC in second and MSNBC in third among the key demo. Final network viewership numbers are expected Wednesday but it is unlikely that they will exceed the 37.793 million who watched Obama’s first Inauguration on January 20, 2009. ABC News 9:30 AM – 4:33 PM coverage of the Inauguration on Monday was watched by 4.57 million viewers, with 1.53 million in the Adults 25-54 demo said the network today. That’s a drop from 2009. Obama’s 2009 ceremony was the second most watched swearing in since Nielsen started tracking them in 1969. Ronald Reagan’s first Inauguration is the champ, pulling in 41.800 million viewers on January 20, 1981.