Author Topic: Groupon Cancels Gun Deals, Sparking Outrage Among Firearms Dealers  (Read 386 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"Under pressure from gun-control advocates, Groupon abruptly canceled all gun-related deals in North America on Friday. The move sparked anger and even boycotts from some gun business owners who say their deals were immensely popular and that the online coupon company failed to notify them of the change.

Gun control proponents applauded the move. "We, along with other groups, had been applying pressure to Groupon for some time now because we were disturbed by the flippant nature of previous gun deals," said Ladd Everritt, director of communications at The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit.

"Even before Newtown," he added, "they were undoubtedly getting e-mails from users saying that they would discontinue their membership if Groupon continued to promote those types of deals, and I expect those emails have only accelerated in intensity after the tragedy."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/groupon-gun-deals_n_2527168.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ir=Technology

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Groupon Cancels Gun Deals, Sparking Outrage Among Firearms Dealers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
But, but....I thought it was all about 'reasonable' restrictions?   ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »
as far as i know a private company can do what it wants

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »
as far as i know a private company can do what it wants
I think he's talking about the paniced gun control nitwits who bombarded Groupon with complaints while at the same time saying they're just for "reasonable restrictions."

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
just curious how you know the ones that bombarded Groupon with complaints were for reasonable restrictions and not just against guns all along.  if you have that link could you post it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
The gun control mob are a bunch of tyrants and mob driven communists