Author Topic: Is Facebook envy making you miserable? What about Getbig envy?  (Read 7645 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Is Facebook envy making you miserable? What about Getbig envy?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 11:21:21 AM »
i'm envious of all you ballers with millions

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »
FB has it's ups and downs.  I don't have an account, but my wife does so she says everything for me.  I'm more of a face to face guy with family and friends....I enjoy a good conversation.  FB, Twitter, texting has all but eliminated the conversation.   

And sure FB is riddled with nothing but "happy pics" and certainly those photos don't tell the whole story; still, how many people run and grab a camera when the cat threw up on the couch or snag a pic when you're homesick in your underwear with the flu going outta your mind cleaning dog crap off the carpet at 8:30am trying not to vomit? 

1. I'm sure there are mature people who utilize the website with some modicum of sanity; as a younger member of the board it may be that my comments only apply to my generation. That said, the whole enterprise still strikes me as narcissistic at its core, though this isn't necessarily harmful to society (a person getting a bit of positive feedback online needn't be damaging in any way).

2. You have a point about the pictures. Still, it doesn't explain how many on facebook behave. As a random example, one girlfriend insisted on putting an image of us together as her profile picture (something I found obnoxious) and then nervously awaiting feedback from her 1,300-something "friends"; such input was apparently more important than anything happening off the computer since ironically, our relationship was virtually nonexistent at the time. I feel the very nature of the technology incentivizes illusion projection conjoined with the idea that everyone should care, two things I imagine aren't healthy to the extent the person takes them seriously.

3. Random thought: It remains to be seen whether people raised in such superficiality will maintain that over time, resulting in a society full of TightBooty's and skin deep relationships. Let's hope that future doesn't pan out.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
1. I'm sure there are mature people who utilize the website with some modicum of sanity; as a younger member of the board it may be that my comments only apply to my generation. That said, the whole enterprise still strikes me as narcissistic at its core, though this isn't necessarily harmful to society (a person getting a bit of positive feedback online needn't be damaging in any way).

2. You have a point about the pictures. Still, it doesn't explain how many on facebook behave. As a random example, one girlfriend insisted on putting an image of us together as her profile picture (something I found obnoxious) and then nervously awaiting feedback from her 1,300-something "friends"; such input was apparently more important than anything happening off the computer since ironically, our relationship was virtually nonexistent at the time. I feel the very nature of the technology incentivizes illusion projection conjoined with the idea that everyone should care, two things I imagine aren't healthy to the extent the person takes them seriously.

3. Random thought: It remains to be seen whether people raised in such superficiality will maintain that over time, resulting in a society full of TightBooty's and skin deep relationships. Let's hope that future doesn't pan out.

Good thing you aren't obsessed with Facebook   ::)
K

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
Yes Syntaxmachine's obsession with Facebook appears to be nearly as powerful as your obsession with him.  Are there things Chadwick the Bottom?

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »
Yes Syntaxmachine's obsession with Facebook appears to be nearly as powerful as your obsession with him.  Are there things Chadwick the Bottom?

more like your obsession for the black penoris

fuck off and die queer
K

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »
Touched a nerve I see.  Just send BayGBM or 1MR a pm and they will be able to set your mind at ease, it's ok to be gay and ok to be a bottom twink, you are what you are.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »
Facebook is like a PR campaign for your public image.

Like how politicians spin facts and information in order to try bend reality to their desired delusion/illusion.

A lot of it could be bullshit, but perception is reality and people tend to believe what they see....

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
Touched a nerve I see.  Just send BayGBM or 1MR a pm and they will be able to set your mind at ease, it's ok to be gay and ok to be a bottom twink, you are what you are.

Nice try  ::)

Just pull the trigger and don't make AIDS do all the work.
K

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »

I've known chicks that have done this - put up a pic of themselves and the guy they're fucking to guage the reactions on whether they'll become a couple of just continue fucking in private. It's pretty hilarious to me that they put a higher stock in peoples opinions that they barely know, as opposed to their own feelings towards the relationship.

If it doesn't fit their carefully crafted image, time to find someone else, cause lord knows your image is more important than your happiness.

Generation nothingness at it's finest.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »
Good thing you aren't obsessed with Facebook   ::)

Having a thought or two ≠ being obsessed.

I'm flattered at the thought of having engendered a fan club, though; thanks and keep up the good work. I expect nothing less than a response to every post I make, regardless of subject.

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »
Nice try  ::)

Just pull the trigger and don't make AIDS do all the work.

What on earth makes you think I want to shoot you?

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
What on earth makes you think I want to shoot you?

fucking weak

go hump somebody else's leg for a while, queer
K

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »
Having a thought or two ≠ being obsessed.

I'm flattered at the thought of having engendered a fan club, though; thanks and keep up the good work. I expect nothing less than a response to every post I make, regardless of subject.

I have only responded to you in this thread, a thread in which you have made numerous posts even though you claim to hate those "obsessed" with the subject.

Your father must have behaved the same way; it would explain your mother's decision to become a whore like Karen Spackle.
K

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 05:44:48 PM »
i dont have a facebook for one simple reason, so the girls dont find out about eachother.

this is a nice practical solution to your whoring

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 05:51:49 PM »
I have only responded to you in this thread, a thread in which you have made numerous posts even though you claim to hate those "obsessed" with the subject.

Exactly, and I expect more of you as a member of the fan club.

Your father must have behaved the same way; it would explain your mother's decision to become a whore like Karen Spackle.

How dare you relate my mother to Ms Spackle; that's as low as it goes.  :(

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »
fucking weak

go hump somebody else's leg for a while, queer

contradiction... -10 gimmick points

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
you invent the future that you want to face...

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2013, 05:51:25 AM »
I use it for work.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 06:26:26 AM »
I use it for work.

That's for your vote.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:16 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2013, 03:54:25 AM »