Author Topic: What do you Know about Arabs??..  (Read 6170 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: What do you Know about Arabs??..
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
First thought. They Stink

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
Good at bargaining , take religion too serious , family is very important to them , they care too much about their image/reputation , they like to smoke all sorts of stuff , they love white & blonde women , men are more important than women in their culture .. and yeah some of them do stink but it's usually because a lot of them are poor and live in hot countries where water is a precious good.. also seems that they have more disabled/retarded people , probably because of incest. First few things that came to my mind ..

To the guy who asked what makes an Arab an Arab - they all have the same cultural and ethnological background. They don't share the same nationality (most/all Egyptians are Arabs as well for example) and although they are all muslim as far as I know not every muslim is an Arab. They share the same language but just because someone is speaking Arabic does not mean they would be considered Arabs..most people from Morocco are not Arabs for example , but they do speak Arabic .. well some sort of Arabic dialect at least.. but most Moroccans are Berber people .. different ancestry. Turkish people for example are also not Arabs .. they've got even bigger noses.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
I know very little about arabs except that they ride camels. 

yes this is very true but sometimes we ride horses  ::)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
The only thing I know that if it wasn't for oil no one would know anything about them. 35 years ago they stayed in their own countries. The extremist had no effect on western culture because  they stayed in their countries.

but you would read about them in history books as the source of all the modern science :-\

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
What constitutes being "Arab"?

Serious question - does it just mean you're from certain middle eastern countries, or certain nationalities, or is there somewhere religious tie-in to it?

simply they are all countries that speak the arabic language.. and they are found in asia and africa.. they are mostly muslims but there is a percentage of christains and others in many arab countries.. here in egypt christians are about 10 percent..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
Good at bargaining , take religion too serious , family is very important to them , they care too much about their image/reputation , they like to smoke all sorts of stuff , they love white & blonde women , men are more important than women in their culture .. and yeah some of them do stink but it's usually because a lot of them are poor and live in hot countries where water is a precious good.. also seems that they have more disabled/retarded people , probably because of incest. First few things that came to my mind ..

To the guy who asked what makes an Arab an Arab - they all have the same cultural and ethnological background. They don't share the same nationality (most/all Egyptians are Arabs as well for example) and although they are all muslim as far as I know not every muslim is an Arab. They share the same language but just because someone is speaking Arabic does not mean they would be considered Arabs..most people from Morocco are not Arabs for example , but they do speak Arabic .. well some sort of Arabic dialect at least.. but most Moroccans are Berber people .. different ancestry. Turkish people for example are also not Arabs .. they've got even bigger noses.

hahahha morocco as a country is arab.. and not all arabs are muslims..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
to make it bb related samir bannout for example is arab and is christian.. in lebanon there is a very big percentage of christians..

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »
to make it bb related samir bannout for example is arab and is christian.. in lebanon there is a very big percentage of christians..

I had a Lebanese friend and he described himself as 'Mediterranean' and not an Arab, but he was Christian.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 03:16:33 PM »
hahahha morocco as a country is arab.. and not all arabs are muslims..

Have you been to Morocco ? The people over there certainly don't consider themselves Arabs and they will tell you that pretty much any time they can. They are proud of their berber ancestry and simply do not share the same culture and history. I guess you can define the term Arab in different ways .. if your definition is anyone who speaks Arabic is an Arab then yeah they could be counted as Arab .. although their version of the Arabic language is quite different sometimes... but as I said they certainly do not consider themselves to be Arabs , not at all.

Of course not ALL arabs are muslims , what I meant is that all Arabic countries are dominated by Islam and a huge majority of the people are muslims. There are always exceptions... should have made that clear I guess. Did not know that Samir Bannout was Christian by the way .. but then again I don't give a shit about religion. I actually think it's one of the things with the worst influence on people ever .. no matter what religion. I'm not talking about faith though , that can be helpful and good for some people for sure.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »
Your an ignorant shit, extremist were basically born out of western intervention.

If it weren't for oil, and the west, I'd say they'd be more on par with turkey. Well except for the southern arabian states. They is fucked.

Who are you to call anyone ignorant, you fucking dropout.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »
yes this is very true but sometimes we ride horses  ::)
And they wear a lot of white.   :P

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 06:56:45 PM »
That they stink!

Yeah, you said it buddy.

Breathing all the white man's air!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:39 PM »
The good:

Awesome food, eloquent and expressive language, passionate, hot women (well my wife is half arab), I think I said amazing food already, very hospitable, very family oriented, respectful, take care of their elderly, take care of their children, many are very highly educated (engineers, doctors). Rich history and culture that the west can't start to scratch.

The bad:

Some are village idiots/uneducated, these types are also ill mannered and disrespectful, these are the ones that make everyone look like they beat their wives, etc... the ones who make western headlines for weeks on weeks even if it's just one idiot. The ones that are irreligious can be money oriented/greedy, class oriented, prestige oriented. The women that are irreligious could be whores, but then their whole community/neighbourhood would know them as such and no one would want anything to do with them.

Oh and their women can TALK... you guys are ignorant. You think 'mozzlem' women are oppressed? Arab women can talk back worse than a black sista. That being said not all arabs are muslim there are christians too but pretty much ALL OF THEM talk back like a minigun out of hell. You have to know how to tame a woman. I did mine lol. They are wild mouthed. If they are religious though, they know how to be respectful and mannered, however they still know how to fight back trust me lol.

Oh another fact. Arab women are SPOILED and EXPECT to be spoiled and pampered. American women WISH they were pampered like Arab women. The media has you fooled as all hell. You can keep believing all you want about being better off, arab/muslim women being oppressed blabla, but you don't have a freaking clue...  ::) Very common that they have maids, cooks, cleaners, drivers/chauffers, etc...

Misc:

I've lived with Arabs, loved it. Only bad experience? I got a rock thrown at me for wearing USA pro cup 94 football (soccer) shorts LOL. I didn't know better at the time. I thought "USA IS GREAT" at the time, but then I was ignorant.

Arab countries are also amazing... laid back life style, peaceful life style, enjoyable life style, food is affordable, gas is so damn cheap, houses are frickin villas in size and design compared to anything we have here, no sticks and matchbox houses, but concrete, cement, rebar, marble, real not decorative bricks, etc... All year summer (win for me I hate cold weather yes I'm in Canada)

Roads are EPIC... especially the highways, buildings are beautiful. Almost all arab countries have the same vibe. The traditional areas and the modern areas.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »
Have you been to Morocco ? The people over there certainly don't consider themselves Arabs and they will tell you that pretty much any time they can. They are proud of their berber ancestry and simply do not share the same culture and history. I guess you can define the term Arab in different ways .. if your definition is anyone who speaks Arabic is an Arab then yeah they could be counted as Arab .. although their version of the Arabic language is quite different sometimes... but as I said they certainly do not consider themselves to be Arabs , not at all.

Of course not ALL arabs are muslims , what I meant is that all Arabic countries are dominated by Islam and a huge majority of the people are muslims. There are always exceptions... should have made that clear I guess. Did not know that Samir Bannout was Christian by the way .. but then again I don't give a shit about religion. I actually think it's one of the things with the worst influence on people ever .. no matter what religion. I'm not talking about faith though , that can be helpful and good for some people for sure.

Yes, just because I speak English and might share some commonalities and shared history with their culture does not make me 'English'.