Author Topic: More guns needed  (Read 640 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
More guns needed
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:21:02 AM »
I bet these store owners wished they had some AR-15 rifles.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/cleanup_in_aisle_aoGrkrJERILR3tjVJKCgMK
Cleanup in aisle 1: Teen's ‘mourners’ trash Brooklyn shops
By KEVIN SHEEHAN, KEN GARGER and JAMIE SCHRAM
Last Updated: 6:29 AM, March 12, 2013
Posted: 2:10 AM, March 12, 2013

William Miller
THAT'S SOME VIGIL: This Rite Aid drugstore was torn apart last night by rioters who had gathered to mourn Kimani “Kiki” Gray, a reputed Bloods member slain by police after allegedly going for a gun.

A vigil for a teenager fatally shot by cops turned into a riot in Brooklyn last night, as a mob of outraged thugs ransacked stores, broke car windows and assaulted residents in East Flatbush.

The chaos erupted after about 200 people gathered to mourn 16-year-old Kimani “Kiki” Gray, a reputed Bloods gang member who was shot after pulling a gun on police Saturday.

Kimani GrayAt about 9 p.m., a splinter group broke off from the main ceremony and ran wild, causing havoc in several stores, including a Rite Aid.

“They poured in here, like 40 or 50 of them. They pulled the registers off the counter. They flipped over everything. They punched me in the face, several of them did, not just one. It was insane,” said Lorenzo Evans, 56, manager of the Rite Aid.

Evans also said a guard and two customers were roughed.

The gang also destroyed a bodega, ripped up trash bags, threw fruit and bottles at police officers and even pummeled residents.

They destroyed a CD-DVD store on Church Street.

“They damaged my store,” said Mamadou Bah, 31, owner of Hallmark African Movies.

“They knocked on my door, broke the glass, and ran in. They were throwing the DVDs around.”

The violence was sparked by anger over the shooting of Gray, who police sources said was carrying a gun when he was shot.

Gray’s family said they were skeptical of the police version of events, insisting that he didn’t own a gun.

The teen had a rap sheet that included four prior arrests, including on charges of grand larceny and possession of stolen property.

During last night’s riot, more than 50 car windows were broken along a stretch of East 31st Street.

An MTA bus’ windows, too, were smashed in the chaos.

“We’re not afraid of the paddy wagons,” a member of the group said to one man as they bashed in his vehicle’s window.

Cops reported one arrest for disorderly conduct.

“This is an anger that has been building for a while,” City Council member Jumaane Williams said amid the unrest.

“This is not me excusing what happened here. I’m just trying to explain what’s behind it.

“It’s frustrating that we are doing this to our own community.”

Public Advocate Bill De Blasio arrived, saying he hoped to help ease the tension. “When I heard Jumaane was trying to calm the situation down, I came to lend a hand,” said De Blasio.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly visited the Right Aid that was damaged by the roving mob.

Gray was a ranking member of the Bloods gang, a law-enforcement source said, and his fellow gang members are upset about his death.

“This is not sitting well with the Bloods,” the source said.

As midnight approached, the crowd dispersed — but vowed to return tonight at 7 p.m. and hold another “vigil.”

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: More guns needed
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:23:21 AM »
I am sure Biden would have dispersed the entire crowd with 2 shotgun blasts in the air.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:26:18 AM »

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »
I am sure Biden would have dispersed the entire crowd with 2 shotgun blasts in the air.

Air? No, he would have shot through the door and the court system would have told the store owner to learn karate and yell really loud for help.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:32:28 AM »
Air? No, he would have shot through the door and the court system would have told the store owner to learn karate and yell really loud for help.

Good point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:32:47 AM »
This is how its done

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V