Author Topic: Boehner: Ending abortion ‘one of our most fundamental goals this year’  (Read 5929 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Boehner: Ending abortion ‘one of our most fundamental goals this year’
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
such a poor analogy.

how is that a poor analogy?  it's a very good one considering there are a lot of states that will charge a man with double murder if he kills a pregnant woman. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
plenty of reasons to be against abortion outside or religion. Thats like saying there arent any reasons to be against murder but religious ones too.

Well....hit me with 'em ya damn Texan!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »

Well....hit me with 'em ya damn Texan!
Personal Responsibility, holding ppl accountable for their actions
Mens rights in the procreation process, if she doesnt want to keep the kid and the father does.
If you believe the fetus is a human life
morality sake, according to our resident libtards morals arent based in religion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »
I'm assuming you're being facetious.  But Australia is trying to push through legislation to allow the mother to terminate the baby in the delivery room after it's born.  Give it a few years.  it'll pass.  Why?  Because they'll have 1,000 doctors telling the court that there is no actual difference between a baby that's 5 months into gestation and a baby that was born 1 minute ago.  Because there isn't.  And they'll prove it.

Wow.  Hadn't heard about that.  That's crazy.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 05:47:30 AM »
I'm assuming you're being facetious.  But Australia is trying to push through legislation to allow the mother to terminate the baby in the delivery room after it's born.  Give it a few years.  it'll pass.  Why?  Because they'll have 1,000 doctors telling the court that there is no actual difference between a baby that's 5 months into gestation and a baby that was born 1 minute ago.  Because there isn't.  And they'll prove it.

::)

Are you a kid Bear?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »
::)

Are you a kid Bear?

i don't get it. 

you're rolling your eyes the same way people rolled their eyes in the 70's when conservatives claimed that allowing legal abortion would result in future annual abortions of over 1 million in the US alone.  Those conservatives were called "crazy bible thumping maniacs" and people would just roll their eyes.  now that prediction came to fruition and they're still rolling their eyes.

you need to stop rolling your eyes and start opening them.  i'm not even staunchly against abortion.  I believe that there are times when it is justified.  I just don't blindly defend it simply because tv tells me to.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:06 AM »
oh yeah and there are also numerous feminist groups in the US who are traveling to India fighting for legislation to ban abortion based on the sex of the baby in response to the horrifying statistics of 3 males being born for every 1 female over the last 20 years. 

so their saying "keep your laws off my body" is now "keep your laws off of my body, but those people in India need laws placed on theirs because they're aborting more girls then boys"

My point is that you liberals need to stop judging the beliefs of pro life advocates because in reality your arguments can be torn apart, mocked, and ridiculed just as much as theirs.  because you don't have this figured out either.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »
i don't get it. 

you're rolling your eyes the same way people rolled their eyes in the 70's when conservatives claimed that allowing legal abortion would result in future annual abortions of over 1 million in the US alone.  Those conservatives were called "crazy bible thumping maniacs" and people would just roll their eyes.  now that prediction came to fruition and they're still rolling their eyes.

you need to stop rolling your eyes and start opening them.  i'm not even staunchly against abortion.  I believe that there are times when it is justified.  I just don't blindly defend it simply because tv tells me to.

Do you have a source for the Australien thing?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »
Mens rights in the procreation process, if she doesnt want to keep the kid and the father does.
morality sake, according to our resident libtards morals arent based in religion.
too bad about the 'father'. its her body and her issues. it was only his penis for a couple minutes. her 'problem' now.
w

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »
Do you have a source for the Australien thing?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9113394/Killing-babies-no-different-from-abortion-experts-say.html

and they are right.  if you are in favor of abortion, you are a complete hypocrite if you don't also favor after birth abortion.  thats HER baby.  not yours.  you have no right to tell her what to do with it.  unless of course you want to pay for it.  it is proven by doctors that there is NO DIFFERENCE between a baby that was born 1 minutes ago and a baby 6 months into gestation.

i've always said that the hypocrisy of the liberal left will eventually be what destroys them.  and it's happening right now

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
too bad about the 'father'. its her body and her issues. it was only his penis for a couple minutes. her 'problem' now.
Then make her and her alone responsible for her actions. If you really feel its her choice alone then don't require the father to pay child support if he chooses not too.

If you don't then if he wants to keep the baby and she doesn't then she can carry it through and give it to the father after delivery. She doesn't have to deal with it after that if she doesn't want to.

She made the same decision he did to get into that situation. If you're going to hold one accountable then hold them both accountable, if youre not then don't require one to be accountable and not the other.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
Then make her and her alone responsible for her actions. If you really feel its her choice alone then don't require the father to pay child support if he chooses not too.
absolutely correct!
and if she has the kid and cant afford it, dont make all of us pay support for her to keep it.
better to not have had it in the first place.
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 06:39:22 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9113394/Killing-babies-no-different-from-abortion-experts-say.html

and they are right.  if you are in favor of abortion, you are a complete hypocrite if you don't also favor after birth abortion.  thats HER baby.  not yours.  you have no right to tell her what to do with it.  unless of course you want to pay for it.  it is proven by doctors that there is NO DIFFERENCE between a baby that was born 1 minutes ago and a baby 6 months into gestation.

i've always said that the hypocrisy of the liberal left will eventually be what destroys them.  and it's happening right now

Dude, some people made an article.
That doesnt mean Australia is making laws like this.

If an american writes a pro Nazi article does that mean every american is a nazi ???

Smarten up this is a politics board so try to think a little.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 07:27:31 AM »
absolutely correct!
and if she has the kid and cant afford it, dont make all of us pay support for her to keep it.
better to not have had it in the first place.
So you agree with the fathers right to walk away from his unborn baby just like you do the mothers then?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »
Dude, some people made an article.
That doesnt mean Australia is making laws like this.

If an american writes a pro Nazi article does that mean every american is a nazi ???

Smarten up this is a politics board so try to think a little.

you need to learn a little bit from the history of the law.  everything those "crazy bible thumpers" back in the 1970's said about what this law would eventually become is coming to fruition.  you liberals have a very selective memory. and if you don't think that after birth abortion is a reality that we will face over the next 100 years you're naive at best a liberal who blindly defends everything "abortion" at worst (which is what i assume you are).

for instance, let me play devils advocate.  Australia allows partial birth abortion and abortions during the last trimester.  You tell me that you honestly believe that there is a difference between a baby that was born 1 minute ago and a baby in its 8th month of gestation.  you would label the former a murderer and not the latter?  really?  i thought you liberals were all about science right?  thats stupid and i know you don't really believe that.

that being said.  they will argue that the woman who gave birth a minute ago has just as much right to terminate her baby as the 8 months pregnant woman.  there is no scientific difference between the two.  and they'll be correct.  why is one baby's life more important than the other?  because you saw it?

Sorry but if you allow late term abortions its only fair to allow women after birth abortions.  the science doesn't lie.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »
In a special message to the annual anti-abortion protest March for Life, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) vowed that ending abortion would be one of the top priorities of Republicans this year.

“Defending life, of course, is about much more than voting the right way or saying the right things,” he said. “It’s about promoting a culture of life. It’s about understanding that abortion is a defining human rights issue of our time. Because human life is not an economic or political commodity, and no government on Earth has the right to treat it as such.”

“With all that’s at stake, it is becoming more and more important for us to share this truth with our young people, to encourage them to lock arms, speak out for life, and help make abortion a relic of the past,” Boehner continued. “Let that be one of our most fundamental goals this year.”

Boehner said the Republican-led House would again seek to pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which sparked controversy in 2011 because of how it defined rape. The bill was approved by the House but died in the Senate.

MORE...

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1z0js)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »
So you agree with the fathers right to walk away from his unborn baby just like you do the mothers then?
double absolutely! one less kid/mother on welfare for the rest of us to pay for.
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »

they are being accountable for their actions, they are undergoing abortion. I don't think a lifelong commitment is holding them accountable. The planet is overpopulated, people can do as they please with their bodies.

Men, have no rights over woman's bodies, it's quite obvious that this is the arrangement going in.

Religion has terrible morals, the first few commandments are on worship, nothing on rape, torture etc.. please don't use this worn out silly myth to support your argument.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 01:54:54 PM »
you need to learn a little bit from the history of the law.  everything those "crazy bible thumpers" back in the 1970's said about what this law would eventually become is coming to fruition.  you liberals have a very selective memory. and if you don't think that after birth abortion is a reality that we will face over the next 100 years you're naive at best a liberal who blindly defends everything "abortion" at worst (which is what i assume you are).

for instance, let me play devils advocate.  Australia allows partial birth abortion and abortions during the last trimester.  You tell me that you honestly believe that there is a difference between a baby that was born 1 minute ago and a baby in its 8th month of gestation.  you would label the former a murderer and not the latter?  really?  i thought you liberals were all about science right?  thats stupid and i know you don't really believe that.

that being said.  they will argue that the woman who gave birth a minute ago has just as much right to terminate her baby as the 8 months pregnant woman.  there is no scientific difference between the two.  and they'll be correct.  why is one baby's life more important than the other?  because you saw it?

Sorry but if you allow late term abortions its only fair to allow women after birth abortions.  the science doesn't lie.

Science? lol.

One is inside the host the other outside capable of sustaining life if cared for. This is not clear cut like you suggest. Late term abortions are not common also. your argument can be extended as you have defined nothing, in this scenario a two year old can be murdered. It can't take care of itself. It is absurd. Late term abortions indicate that something is wrong, medically.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
how is that a poor analogy?  it's a very good one considering there are a lot of states that will charge a man with double murder if he kills a pregnant woman. 

he is comparing two totally seperate things. One a living being, along with the consequences of murder if it were legal compared to abortion. If murder was legal, many people would die, violence would skyrocket, fear, panic and society as a whole would crumble, there is a reason it carries the harshest of penalties. Abortion offers none of this and a fetus is not a living thing so long as it requires a living host to survive.

again terrible analogy.

Your argument is equally ridiculous. The law assumes the baby would be carried to full term. Also, law is subjective and not all law is sane or warranted. The very act of pregnancy over a period of time indicates intent. It's a sticky subject, but ultimately, it infringes upon the freedoms of a living person in favor of a non-living thing.

why do you think you have the right to tell woman what they can or cannot do with there bodies?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 06:56:41 AM »

Why would anyone choose a late abortion? If you have carried the child for 8 months im pretty sure its a keeper.

And no i dont think a doctor would give a go for it unless there was a valid reason. Its dangerous for the mother.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »

Sorry, but this just isn't showing it.

Claiming personal responsibility dictates that a person can't have an abortion suggests that their is something inherently wrong with abortion.

And whether or not it is a 'life' is at the core of the religous debate.

Like I said, I've yet to see any non-religious argument.  Not one.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »

Claiming personal responsibility dictates that a person can't have an abortion suggests that their is something inherently wrong with abortion.

he wants to dictate what the consequences are, abortion for most woman is not easy and that is claiming responsibility.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 09:22:36 AM »
they are being accountable for their actions, they are undergoing abortion. I don't think a lifelong commitment is holding them accountable. The planet is overpopulated, people can do as they please with their bodies.

Men, have no rights over woman's bodies, it's quite obvious that this is the arrangement going in.

Religion has terrible morals, the first few commandments are on worship, nothing on rape, torture etc.. please don't use this worn out silly myth to support your argument.
Good point I guess about abortion being a way of taking responsibility. Its pretty shitty to step up and take responsibility in that manner after youve already created the life but point taken either way.

One could argue however that if you believe that human life is sacred and again this does not have to come from a religious stand point. That once the process has begun(fertilization) that the responsible thing to do would be to nurture that life.

PS all youre morals are based in religion whether you accept it or not is up to you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »

Im not saying whether or not life is a core religious issue or not. What Im saying is that you dont have to have a religious stand point to believe it is a life.

and b/c of that you can believe that abortions are wrong and it not with religious justification.

Mens rights in the procreation process means nothing to you?

At the very least give the man the right to walk away from the potential child for the same amount of time the woman has.