Author Topic: i got pulled over fucked up  (Read 8943 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: i got pulled over fucked up
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »
dwi's are all about money, giving police more pensionable hours ect..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »
lol @ the people in Denny's at 2:20 AM every night, eating greasy moon over my hammy, trying to sober up.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
Id venture to say that in the near future, more people will be killed by drivers busy updating their Facebook status.

dustin

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
I'm too scared to drive hours after having a beer. Drunk driving laws are in place to keep people from fucking killing and destroying lives, and I can respect that. People who drive around shit faced deserve to be used as crash test dummies.

My friend passed away from a MVA this past Friday due to poor road conditions. That's shitty enough as it is. But it's amplified when it's due to a drunk driver, galavanting in a drunken stupor and endangering the lives of so many innocent people. People who are caught drinking and driving should have a permanent driving ban. There's no excuse for it. Driving is a privilege and if you're too fucking stupid to do it properly then you shouldn't be allowed to endanger others.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »
I'm too scared to drive hours after having a beer. Drunk driving laws are in place to keep people from fucking killing and destroying lives, and I can respect that. People who drive around shit faced deserve to be used as crash test dummies.

My friend passed away from a MVA this past Friday due to poor road conditions. That's shitty enough as it is. But it's amplified when it's due to a drunk driver, galavanting in a drunken stupor and endangering the lives of so many innocent people. People who are caught drinking and driving should have a permanent driving ban. There's no excuse for it. Driving is a privilege and if you're too fucking stupid to do it properly then you shouldn't be allowed to endanger others.
It is a slippery slope though. I'd venture to say 80% of Getbig has driven while intoxicated before. We just have not been caught.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 02:20:14 PM »
It's not? Hmm... and here I thought that years of philosophy, logic, math and computer science courses had honed my logical reasoning skills to be razor sharp. But hey, if some guy on the Internet says they aren't, I guess it must be true! ::)

The only thing that's bullshit is your argument. You can't lump state of mind (something that cannot be reasonably and objectively evaluated) along with BAC, which can be. While it's true that we should focus on reducing all factors that impair drivers, but we can and should focus only on those that we can do something about. More than that, we should only focus on those where we can reasonably expect our focus and attention to have a positive impact.

Then the statement is bullshit. As an example, it's silly to focus on people's state of mind while driving, because there is no way to someone's evaluate state of mind.

buddy lets get something out of the way: when in the internetz do not try to argue by pulling  academic rank, unless you are going to provide proof. It is extremely unlikely you can claim a better academic cv than mine regarding logic related disciplines, but i am not willing to expose myself so my previous statement itself is worth shit.

if we now focus on what matters, i.e . the fact that u think you are a know it all little k unt, lets see what has been said

my original argument was: since there are many commonplace ways to drive impaired that cause similar impairment to being drunk it is bs to focus on drink driving

your answer was: "Oh, I see... so just because other things are also distracting and cause impairment, we shouldn't focus on anything that is distracting and causes impairment. That's just brilliant! You, sir, are a brilliant thinker"

my answer was: "my argument ..does not imply you should not focus on any of them. It implies that if you are going to talk about impaired driving then you should focus on all of them"

Now- my argument is airtight logically speaking and that is the end of it

the problem is that your 2nd post is a clear example of muddled thinking as you go on from avoiding to recognize that logically speaking your 1st objection was not valid, to challenge my argument in a totally different way.  namely you made up your mind about which factors can be influenced and argue that factors that cannot be influenced are not worth focusing on- and go on to accuse me of having a bs argument

Now (again)

- who told your little head that my defense of taking into account all factors is in anyway concerned with getting the most effective outcome in terms of reducing deaths while driving? why do you even assume that reducing these deaths is what i consider to be the objective of the discussion. no one. you assumed

-you argue  that since we  cant do anything about the other factors we should focus on drink driving. Why?. there is no proof that 1) drink driving is responsible for a significant fraction of deaths compared with the other factors, 2) you cant do anything about the other factors of that. again you just assumed

you see , your problem is that you assume too much

now go fuck your community college self  , and stay out of my way

dustin

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
It is a slippery slope though. I'd venture to say 80% of Getbig has driven while intoxicated before. We just have not been caught.

What I'm talking about is being over the legal limit. If it's a c-unt hair over, maybe there should be a stiff first penalty and a severe warning. But for a second offence I think you need to be banned for life. I've seen papers reporting MVAs from people who've had more than 50 violations including DUIs. How in the absolute fuck can those sorts of people be allowed to drive!?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »
What I'm talking about is being over the legal limit. If it's a c-unt hair over, maybe there should be a stiff first penalty and a severe warning. But for a second offence I think you need to be banned for life. I've seen papers reporting MVAs from people who've had more than 50 violations including DUIs. How in the absolute fuck can those sorts of people be allowed to drive!?
Thats the problem. There are plenty of people who drive after having a few beers.  I'm sure they would be over the limit, but many do it anyway.  We should ask ourselves why bars look the other way, when there is a place full of drunk people? How the fuck do the y think they are getting home?  Hypocrites.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
I would never drive drunk and have never once done it.

But there are a lot of people who drive impaired in some way as mentioned.
Some legally. Take all the people on prescription painkillers and benzos for example.

What is the law regarding someone who has a medical marijuana card? Can
they drive at all? I think if you smoke chronically but only in the evenings
there is some, maybe small, impairement the next day. I'm sure many will
say they drive better even while totally stoned, but then again many say they
drive better after a couple of beers.

I don't text while driving but many friends do and it's dangerous.

Driving while really tired is comparable to some degree of alcohol intoxication and
I'm sure there's been studies on this.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 04:40:21 PM »
buddy lets get something out of the way: when in the internetz do not try to argue by pulling  academic rank, unless you are going to provide proof. It is extremely unlikely you can claim a better academic cv than mine regarding logic related disciplines, but i am not willing to expose myself so my previous statement itself is worth shit.

Aww... and here I thought we could compare degrees!

if we now focus on what matters, i.e . the fact that u think you are a know it all little k unt, lets see what has been said

My my, you sure did ace the ad hominem class!

my original argument was: since there are many commonplace ways to drive impaired that cause similar impairment to being drunk it is bs to focus on drink driving

You can focus only things you can't objectively quantify or measured, but I'm not sure that gets you anywhere. You, being the non-measuring type, may see things differently I guess. ::)

your answer was: "Oh, I see... so just because other things are also distracting and cause impairment, we shouldn't focus on anything that is distracting and causes impairment. That's just brilliant! You, sir, are a brilliant thinker"

my answer was: "my argument ..does not imply you should not focus on any of them. It implies that if you are going to talk about impaired driving then you should focus on all of them"

Now- my argument is airtight logically speaking and that is the end of it

Your "argument" - such as it is - is about as air-tight as goatse-man's asshole: it assumes that all causes of impairment are equivalent and pairwise indistinguishable. Clearly they are not.

the problem is that your 2nd post is a clear example of muddled thinking as you go on from avoiding to recognize that logically speaking your 1st objection was not valid, to challenge my argument in a totally different way.  namely you made up your mind about which factors can be influenced and argue that factors that cannot be influenced are not worth focusing on- and go on to accuse me of having a bs argument

Your argument is bullshit, no matter how you cut, slice or dice it. See above.

Now (again)

Yes?

- who told your little head that my defense of taking into account all factors is in anyway concerned with getting the most effective outcome in terms of reducing deaths while driving? why do you even assume that reducing these deaths is what i consider to be the objective of the discussion. no one. you assumed

My objection doesn't concern itself with whether your approach aims to reduce or increase deaths; the goals of your approach are irrelevant. My objection concerns itself with the fact that you think that every cause of impairment is indistinguishable from every other cause of impairment and that all deserve equal consideration. That is clearly not the case.

-you argue  that since we  cant do anything about the other factors we should focus on drink driving. Why?. there is no proof that 1) drink driving is responsible for a significant fraction of deaths compared with the other factors, 2) you cant do anything about the other factors of that. again you just assumed

No. I argue that since we can objectively quantify and measure only some factors of impairment we should focus on them. I see no point in focusing on what I can neither measure nor quantify.

you see , your problem is that you assume too much

My problem is that I think that rational debate is possible with people like you. I guess that is an assumption of sorts...

now go fuck your community college self  , and stay out of my way

Ouchie!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 01:51:45 PM »
here in Maryland, you will be charged with DUI if you're driving Buzzed......wow, a man can't even take a couple shots and drive anymore....that's fucked up