Author Topic: lapierre good guy  (Read 6101 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: lapierre good guy
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 07:39:49 AM »
 i believe in science you believe in talking snakes, 6000 year old earth

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »
Craig dropping the bomb on all of you!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 08:16:32 AM »

you believe in Obama  - enough said 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 08:25:48 AM »

How do you deduce that a talking snake and some people estimating a 6k year old earth means there is no God?

God is Omnipotent. I am sure you amuse your little self with parrots and dogs that can repeat phrases and words, but find it hard to believe that God can allow a mule to speak.

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE for an Omnipotent God. That is what makes him GOD that he can do things your little mind can't comprehend. You are not in his level. Your simply dust.

Now back to YOUR SCIENCE. Answer the question in the video below and the debate will be over FOR EVER!!!
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 08:32:47 AM »

Craig disposing of your "belief":

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 08:34:12 AM »
so do you believe, in talking snakes,all the animals in the world on one boat,6000 year old earth it;s a yes or no question

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:20 AM »
so do you believe, in talking snakes,all the animals in the world on one boat,6000 year old earth it;s a yes or no question

as opposed to obama?   I would believe a drunken homeless aids riddled bum sloshing around in piss and shit over obama ay day 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »
This will be my last post on any religious topic on this board. This is supposed to be a politics board, not a religious board.

My last religious comment here is this:

God exists.

Anyone who supports Obama is definitely more stupid than any Christian. Period.

Case closed.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
oh and forgot that it took 120 years to build the ark and noah was 500 years old,sounds reasonable  :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 08:43:39 AM »
oh and forgot that it took 120 years to build the ark and noah was 500 years old,sounds reasonable  :D :D :D :D

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323374504578217720567917856.html#articleTabs%3Dcomments

And you believed in O-SHITHEADCARE 

Look how that worked out

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »
but you won't say you believe in the stories ooooooookkkkkkk  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 09:33:48 AM »
God exists.

Please provide a concrete definition for "God" that allows us to verify that it does, indeed, exist. Surely since "God" exists that shouldn't be too difficult.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
Please provide a concrete definition for "God" that allows us to verify that it does, indeed, exist. Surely since "God" exists that shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm goin out on a limb here so if I'm wrong please correct me, I'm assuming you don't believe God exists.

If so please provide a concrete definition of God so we can verify if he doesn't exist

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
I'm goin out on a limb here so if I'm wrong please correct me, I'm assuming you don't believe God exists.

I don't.

If so please provide a concrete definition of God so we can verify if he doesn't exist

Think about this for a second: how can I define something that doesn't exist? What characteristics of non-existence do you believe are definable and testable?

But even if you think that it's possible to do the above, why should I provide any definition for something I don't believe in. If someone believed in God supposedly they know what it is they believe in and can diatinguish their God from, say, a cloaca from a dead chicken. In order to do that, they must be able to provide some definition.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
avxo asserting god does exist - LOL - and on what grounds is this assertion made?  what piece of scientific evidence proves god does not exist ?  ;D

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »
avxo asserting god does exist - LOL - and on what grounds is this assertion made?  what piece of scientific evidence proves god does not exist ?  ;D

I normally don't answer trolls, but I'll make an exception this time: I assert that the Christian God, as defined by Christians doesn't exist, because the "entity" that Christians define is logically inconsistent. And what is logically inconsistent is not possible.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
I normally don't answer trolls, but I'll make an exception this time: I assert that the Christian God, as defined by Christians doesn't exist, because the "entity" that Christians define is logically inconsistent. And what is logically inconsistent is not possible.
1) if the "christian god" doesnt exist, that in no way shape or form is any kind of argument against the idea of God. it is only, and i repeate ONLY, and argument against christianity.

2) why is the christian god logically inconsistent?

3) logically inconsistent does not = impossible.  take for example, quantum physics.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 06:27:46 PM »
1) if the "christian god" doesnt exist, that in no way shape or form is any kind of argument against the idea of God. it is only, and i repeate ONLY, and argument against christianity.

I don't disagree. Of course, there's plenty of arguments that can be made against the concept of deities in general, but one thing at a time.

2) why is the christian god logically inconsistent?

Because when Christians can be bothered to ascribe attributes to the term, those attributes are contradictory and mutually exclusive with each other.

3) logically inconsistent does not = impossible.  take for example, quantum physics.

There's nothing inherently logically inconsistent with quantum mechanics. Don't be confused by the fact that you may find it logically inconsistent.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »

I don't disagree. Of course, there's plenty of arguments that can be made against the concept of deities in general, but one thing at a time.
there can be made arguments against the idea that you even exist. every assertion, whether true or not, can be argued against. this applies both to the assertion that there is a god, and the assertion that there isnt one. 

Because when Christians can be bothered to ascribe attributes to the term, those attributes are contradictory and mutually exclusive with each other.
lol. i did not know that logic is based upon what people think. ???

There's nothing inherently logically inconsistent with quantum mechanics. Don't be confused by the fact that you may find it logically inconsistent.
quantum physics= an object can be in two different places at the same time.. among other things.. yes, it is "logically inconsistent"

:)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 02:17:49 AM »
there can be made arguments against the idea that you even exist. every assertion, whether true or not, can be argued against. this applies both to the assertion that there is a god, and the assertion that there isnt one.

The question isn't whether arguments can be made. The question is whether the arguments make sense. You can argue I don't exist; you'd be stupid to do it, but you could.

lol. i did not know that logic is based upon what people think.

Logic can decide whether a particular belief is rational or not; oftentimes it can even prove or disprove that belief. Unfortunately those who value belief don't also value reason - and, conversely, those who value logic don't value belief.

quantum physics= an object can be in two different places at the same time.. among other things.. yes, it is "logically inconsistent"

The problem isn't quantum mechanics. The problem is your flawed understanding. Quantum mechanics doesn't say that an object is in two places at once - and if you think it does, I challenge you to provide a reference to a physics book that states that quantum mechanics allows an object to exist in two places at once.

And please, don't be confused by the fact that under quantum mechanics an object's position (before you observe it) is described by a probability/density function. That is not stating that an object can exist in two places at once anymore than replying "somewhere between The Venetian and The Luxor" in answer to the question "where will avxo be tomorrow at 11:30pm?" implies that I will be both at the Venetian and the Luxor.

tbombz, I know you fancy yourself a philosopher and fancy yourself am intellectual and a deep thinker. And maybe, just maybe, your incoherent babblings have managed to convince some that that is truly the case. Shouldn't you quit while you're ahead?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 02:33:56 AM »
there are arguments on both side of the "does god exist?" question that are equally strong.

arguing one side or the other is an act of ignorance.

some of the finest logical minds to ever live were believers, some of the strongest believers to have ever lived were quite logical. some extremely unreasonable people are atheists, and some atheists are extremely unreasonable people.

quantum physics has many things that appear illogical, magic, absurd, etc. of course, if you see it, it is no longer illogical, since it is simply observed.  but, there are assumed implications ..  which are illogical.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »
I don't.

Think about this for a second: how can I define something that doesn't exist? What characteristics of non-existence do you believe are definable and testable?

But even if you think that it's possible to do the above, why should I provide any definition for something I don't believe in. If someone believed in God supposedly they know what it is they believe in and can diatinguish their God from, say, a cloaca from a dead chicken. In order to do that, they must be able to provide some definition.

Assuming you dont believe in unicorns and leprechauns can you still define those?

your assertion is that God doesnt exist and as such is subject to the same scrutiny youre holding others assertions to.

Now if you want to rephrase that and say you dont know thats fine, but if youre making assertions be prepared to back them up...Isnt that what you said to the other poster?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
Assuming you dont believe in unicorns and leprechauns can you still define those?

your assertion is that God doesnt exist and as such is subject to the same scrutiny youre holding others assertions to.

Now if you want to rephrase that and say you dont know thats fine, but if youre making assertions be prepared to back them up...Isnt that what you said to the other poster?

A unicorn has some reference in nature - it's roughly horse-like with a horn. No such reference for God, whose "claim to fame" is to be outside of nature. Christians can't define what it is they believe in, and it's not my job to define it for them - even if a concrete definition of a supernatural being who, we are told, defies definition could be defined.

I am perfectly willing to stand by and support the assertions I make. I assert that the Christian God, as defined by Christians, is a logical impossibility. I could write a book on why that is the case but George H. Smith already did, and he's a lot more eloquent than me. You may want to tea it sometime. The title is "Atheism: The Case Against God."

With that said. if you have specific instances that you believe logically demonstrate the existence of the Christian God I would be happy to debate them with you.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
Damn...this thread really went off, lol.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
From Lapierre to the existens of god.