Author Topic: Slow and steady wins the race  (Read 1676 times)

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Slow and steady wins the race
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:40:05 AM »
In my couple years of juicing I was always looking forward to my next cycle. Adding this compound, increasing the dosage of that compound, trying new things year in and year out Not making the progress I expected I was always looking for that next big cycle that would transform me. I've finally realized that its just time and consistency that are getting me to where I want to be

No more hardcore bulks and high dosages. I'm keeping everything moderate and simple

What has helped tremendously is dieting down and seeing what is truly underneath, not worrying about numbers on a scale. And by starting the next cycle lean you are able to truly see your body pack on visible muscle and which AAS is actually working for you. This has helped each cycle be more successful in my POV. Look in the mirror it doesn't lie

We've all been told time on=time off but this is such a 2 steps forward 1 step back process, leaving me disappointed when coming off, happens to everyone. After all that and finally saying fuck letting my hpta recover, I'll usually go off for only a month or at least taper down my dosages, then switch compounds. I can live with small nuts for now

So here's what I'm saying: stay lean, stay consistent, there isn't a magic # of milligrams or a magic compound, and live with the consequences that may come down the road

whitewidow

Re: Slow and steady wins the race
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:50 AM »
Bodybuilding can be a pretty frustrating sport! When I trained natural I would train my ass off natural for a year,training almost daily! when I would take a few weeks off I would lose almost all the gains I made that whole year! In this crazy bodybuilding sport you have to be super consistent! You almost need to be unemployed and have all day to train and diet correctly!

When I first started running cycles I would always gain alot of weight very fast and the rest of the cycle just kind of maintain what I gained and maybe add a little more strength but most all my weight and strength gains come after a month. I get a little bit of added strength gain after week 5 and 6 but the I kind of plateu out. It happens every cycle! that is why I only run very short 8-10 week cycles. I see no reason to cruise or (bridge)! This whole cruising(bridging phase has gotten kind of out of hand!

I can understand it if you are a high level competing bodybuilder but for just a gymrat like me it makes no sense to cruise(bridge).

I was always taught to give the HPTA time to recover and stay off the same amount of time you were on for. I hav always had my naturl test level go back up to around 750ng natural after a few months of staying clean.
To each his own! just remember all the money you are spending on running these cycles and definately make the best of your time on cycle!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »
Great post!

I agree with it for sure, that's why I've toned down my training and AAS usage while focusing on proper training methods.  I used to bulk up a lot and it never really helped that much.  Dieting down is one of the best things you can do to really see where you are at and you don't lose muscle like most people think.  I always judge my progress by how i look in the mirror and try not to get too focused on the scale.

I used to cycle on and off year round, but these days i think blasting and cruising is what is best for me.  I'm not saying that is what everyone should do, but it's the best way for me to make gains over an extended period of time.  As long as i keep track of my blood pressure and get blood work done i never have any health issues.  My blood work actually seems to be more stable when i stay on, but i follow a very healthy diet and do a ton of cardio.

8)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Ya I agree with all you've said.. that's what I've been after these past 4 months or so.

I am looking forward to a cycle of m1t/superdrol though.. but ya... No orals any time soon maybe at least two months alas.

It's so true about what you said training natty.. imagine my situation with getting off trt... what i worked for a whole year hardcore, as soon as i dropped test all together (had to for fertility) I lost it all within two weeks.. HORRIBLE experience! So one can imagine even with GOOD test levels how after stopping training you will plumet.

When I was younger and my test was raging, I could stop and within two months 'get back into it' but with low test not so much...

jibr0418

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »
Couldn't agree with you more. I have always gotten better results when using lower dosages and keeping things simple. Believe it or not one of the better cycles I have run, which was a long time ago was HG turkish sustanon 250mg/wk with HG yellow top deca 200mg/wk for 12 weeks. This may sound crazy compared to most cycles today, but I gaind quality size and stength from this cycle. Also ran anadrol 50mg/day (half in morning and half before workout) weeks 1-4, HCG weeks 4-12 at 500iu/wk as well has hyge's 4iu/day 5 on 2 off for several months. As long as you have properly dosed gear I think you can get away with lower doses. Also I guess it depends on what you are really looking to acheive. Good luck to you guys with you upcoming cycles, and experiment with your dosing. You might be surprised.