Author Topic: Carl Froch vs George Groves II  (Read 5733 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: The mad Froch Groves hype
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
I was amazed the interest in it. Even the tarts in the beauty salon where I use a sunbed were talking about it!

Simple Simon

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 02:07:44 PM »
I was amazed the interest in it. Even the tarts in the beauty salon where I use a sunbed were talking about it!

Do they ever plug it in for you?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »
Ive upped the minutes lately, I have that sort of pale skin that doesn't tan easily. When I was in Malia a few years back all the locals nicknamed me Casper (as in the ghost) and used to sing Heyyyyyyyyyy Casper ohh ohhh I wannnnaaa know lalalala" at me

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »
When are you making your MMA debut Darren? Will the fight be uploaded on Youtube?

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 04:10:34 PM »
Both average fighters at best, typical british type hatton hype.Only decent fighter come out of the joint last ten years Calzagie and they all hated him because he wasnt english, couldnt punch but he could box.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2014, 01:38:50 AM »
When are you making your MMA debut Darren? Will the fight be uploaded on Youtube?

October I hope and yes it ll be on youtube and probably all over thenews as news agencies go mad for the new MMA sesnsation - me!

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 02:55:31 AM »
Both average fighters at best, typical british type hatton hype.Only decent fighter come out of the joint last ten years Calzagie and they all hated him because he wasnt english, couldnt punch but he could box.

Calzaghe was never hated. His ambition though was rightfully questioned because he spent a decade fighting stiffs defending a worthless belt and more often than not, didn’t take the best available fights.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 03:40:36 AM »
Calzaghe was never hated. His ambition though was rightfully questioned because he spent a decade fighting stiffs defending a worthless belt and more often than not, didn’t take the best available fights.
Fair point but I think he would have beaten Froch. Points win but pretty comprehensive.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 03:49:00 AM »
Fair point but I think he would have beaten Froch. Points win but pretty comprehensive.

Yeah, I think he would have too. Probably something like 116-112 on the scorecards. Similar to the Calzaghe-Kessler fight.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:26 AM »
Yeah, I think he would have too. Probably something like 116-112 on the scorecards. Similar to the Calzaghe-Kessler fight.
Exactly, would have loved to have seen them fight just to see Froch beaten. Something about him I just don't like. Looks like his next fight might be in Vegas against Chavez Jr. Have you got any interest in that fight because I don't? 

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 05:44:08 AM »
Exactly, would have loved to have seen them fight just to see Froch beaten. Something about him I just don't like. Looks like his next fight might be in Vegas against Chavez Jr. Have you got any interest in that fight because I don't? 

Is it because hes half Polish? Racist post reported.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »

Chavez Jr isn't a very good boxer and has lived off his father's success. Froch will beat him pretty easily although Jr's toughness will probably see it go the distance.
There aren’t many options for Froch now. A rematch with Ward is pointless and Froch isn’t willing to go to LHW. A fight with GGG will be intriguing if the Kazak moves up in SMW.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
GGG would knock him out early, Based on that Groves put him down first fight.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »
3 minutes per day access to internet only ? senor AmonRa Leopold    ;D
Still no coins   :D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2014, 05:15:26 AM »
GGG would knock him out early, Based on that Groves put him down first fight.

GGG looks potentially a great fighter but he's not fought anyone on Froch's calibre yet. Nor has he fought at SMW.
I think Froch under estimated Groves in the first fight. Can't see him doing that against GGG.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
GGG looks potentially a great fighter but he's not fought anyone on Froch's calibre yet. Nor has he fought at SMW.
I think Froch under estimated Groves in the first fight. Can't see him doing that against GGG.

That would be a great fight because you have a massive puncher in Golovkin vs a dude with an unbelievable chin and toughness.