Author Topic: Complete noob looking for bit of info  (Read 1025 times)

TurboZorb

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Complete noob looking for bit of info
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:08:20 AM »
I'm 41 years old, was gymming from my mid 20's until my mid 30's.  Never competed (but I was told I should have...in some local shows).
Went back to the gym late last year and am now at about 19% body fat and 252lbs (6 ft tall).
I'm only CONSIDERING starting a cycle to see how my body goes with it.  I have never done anything harder than your average protein powder and Creatine and whatever other supplements were around (glutamine, BCAA's, etc...), so I'm obviously going to start with small doses of something not too strong.
I have heard from a few people that taking testosterone in your 40's is "less" dangerous than when in your 20's and can be of benefit, due to there being less naturally occurring testosterone in men who are in their 40's and 50's.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
I'm not looking at competing in any shows, although I would like some respectable size.  Maybe something like Darin Lannaghan or Darrem Charles (the way he looked back around the late 90's.)
Any advice would be very useful.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Complete noob looking for bit of info
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »
I'm 41 years old, was gymming from my mid 20's until my mid 30's.  Never competed (but I was told I should have...in some local shows).
Went back to the gym late last year and am now at about 19% body fat and 252lbs (6 ft tall).
I'm only CONSIDERING starting a cycle to see how my body goes with it.  I have never done anything harder than your average protein powder and Creatine and whatever other supplements were around (glutamine, BCAA's, etc...), so I'm obviously going to start with small doses of something not too strong.
I have heard from a few people that taking testosterone in your 40's is "less" dangerous than when in your 20's and can be of benefit, due to there being less naturally occurring testosterone in men who are in their 40's and 50's.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
I'm not looking at competing in any shows, although I would like some respectable size.  Maybe something like Darin Lannaghan or Darrem Charles (the way he looked back around the late 90's.)
Any advice would be very useful.

Respectable size is a lot less than that trust me...those guys are enormous. And yes, testosterone is definitely the way to go as its something your body already makes and it will help because as you commented already your body is making less than it was in your younger days.

This guy seems to be in a similar situation as you ...good advice here:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=463723.0

TurboZorb

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »
Very informative thread.
Thanks!

TurboZorb

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »
Maybe those 2 guys are a bit on the extreme side. 
Perhaps something more like Tito Raymond in his prime.