Author Topic: Ice Bath  (Read 7938 times)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Re: Ice Bath
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 05:11:22 AM »
Did it again just now, (third time this week).  Water was cold as a mother fucker, had to be in the 40's.  Legs, glutes, and even calves were killing me before.  I always have the most severe DOMS after legs.  I've posted about it here before.

Honestly, I have zero leg soreness now.  I went ten minutes this time, sitting up to my chest in the water with hands under too this time.  I really started to shiver at about seven minutes.  It chilled me to my core, I'm sitting here on the verge of shivering 15 minutes later, but it feels good.  Unbelievably invigorating, I could do legs again tomorrow I believe.

I think there might be something to this.  I don't think anyone could know the benefits, because it's such a fucked up and uncomfortable thing to do.  You dread it so severely that no one has probably ever stuck to it.

No one tense up and drown yourself please, I would feel horrible about that.  I know there are ratards among us...  :P

When my back was injured and I saw a chiropractor he always told me to apply an ice bag and NOT TO APPLY HEAT.  He said that the cold forces the muscles to release any inflammation.  I think that most professional teams do have ice baths in their training facilities.

I

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »

When my back was injured and I saw a chiropractor he always told me to apply an ice bag and NOT TO APPLY HEAT.  He said that the cold forces the muscles to release any inflammation.  I think that most professional teams do have ice baths in their training facilities.

That makes sense... I have a hot tub and it doesn't ever make the soreness go away or help with recovery. 

epic_alien

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »
Did it again just now, (third time this week).  Water was cold as a mother fucker, had to be in the 40's.  Legs, glutes, and even calves were killing me before.  I always have the most severe DOMS after legs.  I've posted about it here before.

Honestly, I have zero leg soreness now.  I went ten minutes this time, sitting up to my chest in the water with hands under too this time.  I really started to shiver at about seven minutes.  It chilled me to my core, I'm sitting here on the verge of shivering 15 minutes later, but it feels good.  Unbelievably invigorating, I could do legs again tomorrow I believe.

I think there might be something to this.  I don't think anyone could know the benefits, because it's such a fucked up and uncomfortable thing to do.  You dread it so severely that no one has probably ever stuck to it.

No one tense up and drown yourself please, I would feel horrible about that.  I know there are ratards among us...  :P

wtf are you talking about dude, this has been done for 70 years or so after every baseball or football game. its not nothing new, im glad its helping you

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »

wtf are you talking about dude, this has been done for 70 years or so after every baseball or football game. its not nothing new, im glad its helping you

haha... I know that now...  I've read a ton of bodybuilding books and don't think I ever came across this miracle.   I've never seen it mentioned on here before (beside the Stanford study someone posted recently that got me going).

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
  Never liked the idea of ice bath. Too much shock.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 02:24:14 PM »
I have a form of Cold Urticaria from my reptilian bloodline which enables me from doing something like an ice bath.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 02:25:39 PM »
Ex running back Emmitt Smith of the Cowboys has stated that ice baths were the single reason why he was able to play for so long and kept him stay healthy.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
  is it good to freeze the body like that daily?