Author Topic: Mccain attacked by tea partiers for amnesty stance- and responds  (Read 455 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mccain attacked by tea partiers for amnesty stance- and responds
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:59:52 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-defends-immigration-plan-angry-residents-004915369.html

I think some of these AZ residents have seriously legit concerns- I dont know that allowing ilelgals to stay is the right idea :( .
however, mccain does have his reasons.  Tough issue that is going past party lines.  

Some audience members shouted out their disapproval.

One man yelled that only guns would discourage illegal immigration. Another man complained that illegal immigrants should never be able to become citizens or vote. A third man said illegal immigrants were illiterate invaders who wanted free government benefits.

McCain urged compassion. "We are a Judeo-Christian nation," he said.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mccain attacked by tea partiers for amnesty stance- and responds
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:35:20 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-defends-immigration-plan-angry-residents-004915369.html

McCain urged compassion. "We are a Judeo-Christian nation," he said.

1. USA may have started as such, but it no longer is. This country is no longer christian. If it were, abortion and gay marriage would not exist.

2. Christianity believes in respecting sovereign authority, as long as its laws don't infringe on the freedom to worship (Romans 13:1). Sending an illegal immigrant back home doesn't affect freedom of religion and is the fair thing to do on behalf of those people that are already in line for citizenship. No one should jump ahead of those people that are becoming citizens by following the pocedures set by the law.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:26 AM »
2. Christianity believes in respecting sovereign authority, as long as its laws don't infringe on the freedom to worship (Romans 13:1). Sending an illegal immigrant back home doesn't affect freedom of religion and is the fair thing to do on behalf of those people that are already in line for citizenship. No one should jump ahead of those people that are becoming citizens by following the pocedures set by the law.

yeah, I thought mccain would resort to talking about how the economy would benefit, etc.  Find some way to justify amensty that way.

In my opinion, using religion to justify opening up the borders is something strange.  It also makes me wonder why he was SO anti-amnesty just 3 years ago.

confusing.. this whole amnesty issue stinks.  :(

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 12:17:25 PM »
bless his heart. this is the ole john we knew and loved.
w