Author Topic: Soccer Popularity in US  (Read 8970 times)

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
Soccer Popularity in US
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
I think the rest of the world loves soccer because its easy to get a game going and it relatively cheap to play.

I think the US soccer base is growing especially with latino fan base - some key numbers here:

One reason why i see more growth in this sport is because American sports are not made for Latinos and white kids. American sports such as NFL and basketball require physical gifts and are ideally suited for African Americans (no racism here guys - but we all know black are more athletic), however soccer does not discriminate - you can be:
tall: most defenders and goalkeepers are tall
slow: players like Zidane were never fast but always had a technical brain
small: Messi (just have a look at the Spanish squad - most of those guys would never have a chance in most American sports but are amazingly technical, quick and superior players to most bigger guys.

Basically soccer is the greatest sport because of this fact, nearly everyone has a chance to be good whereas traditional American sports require physical gifts which do not suit some whites and other ethnic groups genetically. I think for years many average white kids have been disgruntled by the fact they can't compete with blacks in traditional games hence the move to pure skill based games like soccer. Just think if someone like Messi was born in the US, then what game would he play? NFL, MLB or Basketball? - his height and weight disadvantage would be a major factor in these games.

NFL red necks stay out of this thread.

What you guys reckon for popularity of the greatest game on earth.     ;D ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Soccer Popularity in US
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:58:26 AM »
Soccer sucks.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:59:26 AM »
Yes, it's coming up due to the massive flood Of Mexicans invading the country. When I go to galaxy games it's lke a huge pinAta exploded over the pitch  :-\

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:01:14 AM »
you are gay

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »
Maybe if the player's didnt flop on the ground like little homo bitches when they didnt even get touched people might respect it more.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 08:13:49 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately our demographics are changing.

Time for an American Kristallnacht.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:17:22 AM »
Informal soccer in my area at least, is dominated by Latins, African immigrants, and the occasional English or Irish ex-pat. I don't see others playing it at all.

I do see it getting a boost though in the coming years among non-immigrants not because it's a more popular sport among the young, but because it's seen as a safer sport among the parents. I've seen a lot more people worrying about injury from youth football, etc..... in recent years.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »
In other words; soccer requires almost zero skill and even retarded kids can play it.  
a

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
In other words; soccer requires always zero skill and even retarded kids can play it. 
Not even close but LOL! Soccer requires a ton of skill and endurance

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
[NO HOMO]

I watched soccer for the first time during the Olympics.  I actually found it way more interesting than the NFL.

[/NO HOMO]

I just don't like all that goes along with it, like people of other nationalities/races, wimps, etc...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
Informal soccer in my area at least, is dominated by Latins, African immigrants, and the occasional English or Irish ex-pat. I don't see others playing it at all.

I do see it getting a boost though in the coming years among non-immigrants not because it's a more popular sport among the young, but because it's seen as a safer sport among the parents. I've seen a lot more people worrying about injury from youth football, etc..... in recent years.

Girls.

Women's National Team > Men's Clown Ass National Team.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »

well at least football players look like athletes compared to mostly obese players of american football  :-X
Anyone can shoot steroids and eat muffins but it takes an athlete to be 90 minutes on move !

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »
Maybe if the player's didnt flop on the ground like little homo bitches when they didnt even get touched people might respect it more.

Fucking this. Americans were born to fight, this country was founded on toughness and revolution, no one respects pussy ass shit like that. Well, maybe now, with the pussification of America and the metrosexual trend, that probably explains its uptick in popularity rather than the influx of spics.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:57 AM »

well at least football players look like athletes compared to mostly obese players of american football  :-X
Anyone can shoot steroids and eat muffins but it takes an athlete to be 90 minutes on move !

hahahaha, my finnish identity-confused friend, let's see a soccer player try to run a ball three times in a row or catch a pass across the middle - after the little flopper wakes up in the hospital, he will no longer play any sport.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »
Not a fan of soccer. But, all of my best friends are italian or croatian. So I don't have a choice when I go over to their house.

It's smoked ham, cheese, grappa, and UEFA

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:16:47 AM »

I see girls jog for 90 minutes all the time at the gym.. some athletes.

I played on a travel soccer team for 5 years, from 3rd grade to 8th grade and when I got to high school had to chose between football and soccer because both were in the same season, unlike grade school. I chose football, even though at the time I was better at soccer. Then I hit puberty, started lifting, and realized what a bunch of skinny twinks soccer players are. I appreciate soccer but the "sport" will never be anything compared to football.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »
hahahaha, my finnish identity-confused friend, let's see a soccer player try to run a ball three times in a row or catch a pass across the middle - after the little flopper wakes up in the hospital, he will no longer play any sport.

why are you ignoring me, RonPutinFan?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »
i guess people like whatever sport they played as a kid?
A

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 11:22:50 AM »
why are you ignoring me, RonPutinFan?

Oh sorry, I just didn't have anything to say  ;D

I hope we can all play different sports and get along.
(it's the beer talking)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
yes all you need to play soccer is a ball , even chimps can play soccer

in order to get a game of baseball you need  18 players , a bat, a ball, and 9 gloves

in order to get a game of basketball , you need a Ball, a rim and a couple of black dudes

in order to get a game of football you need a football, helmets, shoulder pads, jerseys, Referees , 120 yards of open field , field goals, a soccer kicker

HugeBooBsFan

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »
I'm sure soccer will continue to become more popular in the U.S. as long as single-women are raising twink sons.

And the pussification of the U.S. continues.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:38 PM »

We watch a video of the Bradford Fire every year at work during "Fire Awareness", fucking scary how quickly it goes up.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »
I think the rest of the world loves soccer because its easy to get a game going and it relatively cheap to play.

I think the US soccer base is growing especially with latino fan base - some key numbers here:

One reason why i see more growth in this sport is because American sports are not made for Latinos and white kids. American sports such as NFL and basketball require physical gifts and are ideally suited for African Americans (no racism here guys - but we all know black are more athletic), however soccer does not discriminate - you can be:
tall: most defenders and goalkeepers are tall
slow: players like Zidane were never fast but always had a technical brain
small: Messi (just have a look at the Spanish squad - most of those guys would never have a chance in most American sports but are amazingly technical, quick and superior players to most bigger guys.

Basically soccer is the greatest sport because of this fact, nearly everyone has a chance to be good whereas traditional American sports require physical gifts which do not suit some whites and other ethnic groups genetically. I think for years many average white kids have been disgruntled by the fact they can't compete with blacks in traditional games hence the move to pure skill based games like soccer. Just think if someone like Messi was born in the US, then what game would he play? NFL, MLB or Basketball? - his height and weight disadvantage would be a major factor in these games.

NFL red necks stay out of this thread.

What you guys reckon for popularity of the greatest game on earth.     ;D ;D

Greatest sport on earth.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
Soccer is viewed as a "safe" sport to get your son or daughter in when they are young, and it progresses up to HS. Much like Lacrosse (which is a far superior sport, IMHO). Except, with lacrosse, if one is good, you can get into an Ivy League school, and then many of those players go onto Fortune 500 businesses.

My brother and sister played soccer as kids. The moms get together---it seemed more about meeting and greeting than the games themselves. And of course, do to not wanting to hurt feelings, and teaching "good sportsmanship" and "camaraderie", everyone gets a trophy.
By HS, many kid's attention tends to dwindle for soccer, unless they are girls...which girl's soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, volley ball, and track tend to be the forerunners depending on your area.

HS boys with any athletic ability and height and weight are pushed towards football, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, or track.
Where I come from, the rest did soccer, rowing, sailing, and golf.

I actually like watching soccer, since I am used to watching my brother and sister play...and indoor soccer is far more entertaining, and fast paced.