Author Topic: Is getting old with no career or retirement options really this bad.  (Read 6900 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Is getting old with no career or retirement options really this bad.
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
I'm in a way better position to save money come spring you dipshit, I have no rent to pay while living at home, and the bulk of my costs are a small fraction of what i'd pay in a city.

first, you can't make friends and potential contacts in the workforce by calling everyone who disagrees a dipshit or idiot. It just comes across as low rent trailer park trash. Second, I apologize for giving you a hard time. I have eaten ramen noodles and my share of pasta and cheap marinara sauce a few days from payday in my younger days. It's not fun. Sorry. Glad things will look up for you in the spring

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2013, 10:48:19 AM »
I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.. if you want to console yourself by rationalizing that the reason you are where you are in life is because someone has to be a loser, we can't all be winners.. Turns out, there are enough people chomping at the bit to be those "losers", it makes room for the winners..

haha...To make something of yourself isn't much.... You just need to be a little smarter than RAtard.  :D

MikMaq

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
Immigrants with NOTHING come here and are able to buy homes and provide for themselves and their families....where you, born into the very lap of luxury in the wealthiest nation the planet as ever seen, bitch and complain and hope that Uncle Sam sends you a paltry SS check every month.

THINK OF THE SOLUTION, NOT THE PROBLEM.

Do you want a home?  A better job?  A retirement?  What is stopping you?  Why don't you think of ways to better your life rather than bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning on a bodybuilding site?

Got debt?  Do two menial jobs like swamping toilets or flipping burgers until you pay off a debt.  Obtain a school loan.  If you live in such a shitty town, why don't you FUCKING MOVE??!!  Texas has a booming economy, and North Dakota has a 3% unemployment rate.  

Ah, fuck it.....why bother telling anyone this?  I hope you and people like yourself don't listen.  It's less competition for someone like me who  looks to constantly improve his situation.
I live in canada you fucking dolt, and just moved out of a fucking oil boom. Once spring comes I can save way more money in the next twelve months than I could ever save working away.

I also have back problems that cannot be ignored you ignorant shit. How is an adult incapable of understanding this, are you emotionally weak that you can't acknowledge an unfortunate reality.  ::)

Seriously are you that emotional retarded that you can't actually talk about the fucking subject.

As I said I wasn't talking about me directly. I was sympathizing with the overall population.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
but...you started out the thread with............ oh nevermind.. ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »
first, you can't make friends and potential contacts in the workforce by calling everyone who disagrees a dipshit or idiot. It just comes across as low rent trailer park trash. Second, I apologize for giving you a hard time. I have eaten ramen noodles and my share of pasta and cheap marinara sauce a few days from payday in my younger days. It's not fun. Sorry. Glad things will look up for you in the spring
I have aspergers you fucking dolt, going the route of networking isn't an option, which does cut down on my career paths greatly.

Can you not understand that your supposed wisdom only works for a fraction of the actual population.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
I have aspergers you fucking dolt, going the route of networking isn't an option, which does cut down on my career paths greatly.

Can you not understand that your supposed wisdom only works for a fraction of the actual population.

I'm not up on the symptoms of Aspergers, does it make you a raging girl that can't make a post without calling someone names? If so, man I'm sorry for your situation

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
People need to know that they're working hard to better themselves and their family.  No one wants to work hard knowing their earnings will be taken and redistributed to people like RAtard.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »
People need to know that they're working hard to better themselves and their family.  No one wants to work hard knowing their earnings will be taken and redistributed to people like RAtard.

it's a good thing he lives in a US protectorate and not in the US itself.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2013, 10:56:38 AM »
People need to know that they're working hard to better themselves and their family.  No one wants to work hard knowing their earnings will be taken and redistributed to people like RAtard.

dude has a temper don't he. I've even apologized a couple times... wow! No surprise he is living at home sponging off mom and dad.

MikMaq

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
I'm not up on the symptoms of Aspergers, does it make you a raging girl that can't make a post without calling someone names? If so, man I'm sorry for your situation
Its getbig, grow a pair.

No it doesn't but networking is a shit option for someone with aspergers.
Your far better off steering clear of industries where that type of thing is common, because it'll only set you back.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
Immigrants with NOTHING come here and are able to buy homes and provide for themselves and their families....where you, born into the very lap of luxury in the wealthiest nation the planet as ever seen, bitch and complain and hope that Uncle Sam sends you a paltry SS check every month.

Do you want a home?  A better job?  A retirement?  What is stopping you?  Why don't you think of ways to better your life rather than bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning on a bodybuilding site?

Got debt?  Do two menial jobs like swamping toilets or flipping burgers until you pay off a debt.  Obtain a school loan.  If you live in such a shitty town, why don't you FUCKING MOVE??!!  Texas has a booming economy, and North Dakota has a 3% unemployment rate.  

Ah, fuck it.....why bother telling anyone this?  I hope you and people like yourself don't listen.  It's less competition for someone like me who  looks to constantly improve his situation.

Yes!!! They're the way Americans were prior to the 1950's!  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
dude has a temper don't he. I've even apologized a couple times... wow! No surprise he is living at home sponging off mom and dad.

haha... yes,

he's the only person on getbig that I truly dislike.

MikMaq

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »
Lol stop being so sensitive, it's get big. Anyhows I'm sure I've called you fucks names, far fewer times than you've said something off topic, or at the very least in complete denial of the topic.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »
Lol stop being so sensitive, it's get big. Anyhows I'm sure I've called you fucks names, far fewer times than you've said something off topic, or at the very least in complete denial of the topic.

This isn't your typical getbig thread... You seem like some kind of poor bastard that truly needs some help.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »

Okay, so I'm clear, we are leaving the "I'm not sure where I'll get food next year" and moving on to a general "What do the public in general who can't afford to retire do?"  

On that topic, it's pretty simple. They work until the hit retirement age. My dad didn't have a highschool diploma. He went into the Army at 17 in 1946. He worked driving a truck till he hit 65 and retired. Most of the people I grew up around worked well into their late 60's to early 70's before retiring. It's just the way it was. I guess I'm having a hard time grasping the "Oh My God!" panic you are trying to paint by saying some people, some unlucky, less fortunate, whatever people, are going to find they have to work until they are 70.... Been that way for a long while.      

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
This isn't your typical getbig thread... You seem like some kind of poor bastard that truly needs some help.

They need to install a "like" button on getbig.. save me time.. good post

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:08 PM »

my father in law moved to canada in his early 20's with literally $100 in his pocket, worked a shit job to put himself through engineering school and he ended up making something like 200k a year, owned his own home and great pension.

canada has some amazing opportunities for hard working smart people

of course it means moving out of your parents basement and not being a complete waste of DNA

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2013, 02:10:18 PM »
Save your ramen noodles and cat food is all I can tell ya if you don't prepare for retirement. Social security wasn't meant to sustain your full retirement anyhow.

Your first objective should be to get a job soon and not worry about the long term future yet. There's so many online businesses you could start with very little startup money or human interaction. I have a great career but still have my own side business which will supplement my 401k and personal savings. I don't need SS nor expect it..

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
I live in canada you fucking dolt, and just moved out of a fucking oil boom. Once spring comes I can save way more money in the next twelve months than I could ever save working away.

1st you say you dont know how your going to get food in the next 12 months and now your saying come spring you can save more money in teh next twelve months than you ever could working. WTF, you don't know how you will eat but you'll be able to save money?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 08:44:32 PM »
Lol considering my whole point is that my generation won't see a drop of retirement money I think your laughable.

It's parasites like you milking the welfare system that are the cause of this.  Your no better than the middle eastern, indian and african scum coming in from other countries and doing the same thing.  You are scum.

And don't bother countering me, because whatever you say you will remain scum until you change your ways.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
Its winter in a small town, the only way I'm getting a job is if several people loose there jobs, as business here is beyond sluggish in the winter months.

Then move to a town with jobs fuckwit.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »
A politician needs to come along and sterilise you and all similar types, we could have a chance if we breed out people like yourself, but they wont truth be told half the world needs to be sterilised its humane you arent killing anyone just stopping paraistes pro creating and growing the problem. But we live in a world where tough decisions are not made.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2013, 05:50:25 AM »
And a friend of mine  worked 80 hours a week and died on the fucking job. If you wanna swap anecdotes go the fuck somewhere else.

Regardless, I doubt any of the folk you mentioned would get by in retirement without the SSI benefits either.

It's also entirely likely they haven't planned well for 20 years down the fucking road either.

The fact is it's exceptionally hard to plan for 30-40 years of possible retirement.

So unless your able to save half your fucking income for retirement don't giive me no bullshit.

This asshole is not Canadian. He references 401k's which is an American retirement instrument & now SSI which is an American governmental support service. This punks whole time on GetBig has been a sham. SHUT HIM THE FUCK DOWN.

THE BEEF

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
politicians and monarch are the bigest benefit scroungers.

i hope this helps
galeniko you went from yugoslavia to a rich swiss tell em hom much they earn in your born country and how much the pension is in swiss...in swiss there are no poor people

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »
reading that "earning less than $3000/week" thread made my head explode