Author Topic: Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer Death Anniversary is today  (Read 9028 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer Death Anniversary is today
« on: February 07, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »
Original cause of death was drug overdose.  However Billy Jack Haynes claims it was a forced overdose and killing by a drug lord.

Sawyer wrestled in the first ever completely enclosed steel cage.  And ripped off a guy that came to him for training by teaching him how to lock up and do a headlock.  Then Sawyer skipped town.  That guy went on to become the Undertaker.

Sawyer and Tommy  Rich still have one of the greatest feuds of all time.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer Death Anniversary is today
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »
R.I.P., Buzz.

As for the circumstances surrounding his death, anything is possible.

Haynes is supposed to have been involved in all kinds of drug-related shit - including, but not limited to cocaine smuggling, so he may have some insight. But, notwithstanding his involvement with shady characters and dealings, we should consider some of his other claims such as holding Vince McMahon responsible for the deaths of several wrestlers.

Haynes also places DIRECT blame on Vince for the Chris Benoit tragedy, claiming that Daniel Benoit was actually McMahon's son, the discovery of which caused Benoit to snap.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
Original cause of death was drug overdose.  However Billy Jack Haynes claims it was a forced overdose and killing by a drug lord.

Sawyer wrestled in the first ever completely enclosed steel cage.  And ripped off a guy that came to him for training by teaching him how to lock up and do a headlock.  Then Sawyer skipped town.  That guy went on to become the Undertaker.

Sawyer and Tommy  Rich still have one of the greatest feuds of all time.
REMEMBER RICH/SAWYER ALWAYS BLOOD INVOLVED,,,

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
I loved Mad Dog on Georgia Wrestling....his antics with Gordon and Rich are pure classic.  One of the top 5 fueds of my youth.  And I will never forgive Ole Anderson for destroying the footage of the "Last Battle of Atlanta" that was the cage with a top.

Sawyer was a bit of a turd in real life, but one helluva performer.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »
I loved Mad Dog on Georgia Wrestling....his antics with Gordon and Rich are pure classic.  One of the top 5 fueds of my youth.  And I will never forgive Ole Anderson for destroying the footage of the "Last Battle of Atlanta" that was the cage with a top.

Sawyer was a bit of a turd in real life, but one helluva performer.

Ole is a miserable prick of a human being. I know that he's had to have been asked about this before. What explanation does he give for deliberately destroying that footage?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »

Ole is a miserable prick of a human being. I know that he's had to have been asked about this before. What explanation does he give for deliberately destroying that footage?

He says that it was just a bunch of old stuff from the Omni, but certainly doesn't seem bothered by it in the least.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
He says that it was just a bunch of old stuff from the Omni, but certainly doesn't seem bothered by it in the least.

You'd think the old fool would have at least wanted to make some coin off of it. Then again, his stubbornness probably got the better of his judgement.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »
Did you ever wonder if that's all a bunch of bullshit, and maybe he does have the footage somewhere?
Up until about ten years ago, I may have believed that; when wrestling was at its hottest, and he could no doubt have made a bundle with it.

Now, I feel like it becomes less relevant as time passes. It's that same part of me that wonders how big a deal Bruno's HOF induction will be, and what size market will Vince have to profit from it?
That's why I still think its more about Vince's ego and forever "owning" the Living Legend.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 04:32:11 AM »
Did you ever wonder if that's all a bunch of bullshit, and maybe he does have the footage somewhere?
Up until about ten years ago, I may have believed that; when wrestling was at its hottest, and he could no doubt have made a bundle with it.

Now, I feel like it becomes less relevant as time passes. It's that same part of me that wonders how big a deal Bruno's HOF induction will be, and what size market will Vince have to profit from it?
That's why I still think its more about Vince's ego and forever "owning" the Living Legend.

good point about Bruno.  The vast majority if fans have no memory of the guy and it wouldn't surprise me in the least that vince is doing it to just get a chuckle when the fans don't respond as much to it.

As for Ole, I think he really did destroy it.  I like to think unknowingly, but who knows.  But his arrogance to not at least say " I f'd up" is what ticks me off.  And I have no doubt that if he had it, he would have sold it to somebody.