Author Topic: Cornbread and Buttermilk  (Read 1453 times)

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
Cornbread and Buttermilk
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:48:30 AM »
There it is- the secret.  Consume!

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201302/man-produced-crazy-record-breaking-squat

Surprising Diet For Weightlifting Record Setter

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Written by: ThePostGame Staff

Next time you need motivation at the gym, think of Ray Williams.

The 6-foot, 361-pound Williams is a junior college football coach from Demopolis, Alabama. Over the weekend at the Alabama State Powerlifting Championship, he broke the U.S. record in the men's raw 275-pounds-plus division by squatting 860 pounds. That's right, 860 pounds.

And it gets better. Williams also put up 905 pounds, but that attempt was disallowed because he took a small jab step during the lift. Williams was pretty disappointed with himself because he wanted to see if he could squat 1,000 pounds.

For those wondering how to build bulk and muscle like Williams, the answer is simple: Cornbread and buttermilk.

"I’ve always been a big dude," Williams told the website 70sbig. "And one thing my grandma brought us up on was cornbread, collard greens, good down-home southern food -- it's always been a staple of my diet."

Making Williams' feat all the more impressive was the fact that this was just his second powerlifting meet.

"I like it," Williams told AL.com of powerlifting. "Just the fact that no one can say I'm big for no reason. Now, I can put my bigness to use. Plus I've always been just naturally strong, and I can refine that through powerlifting."

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Cornbread and Buttermilk
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
Recipe please

;D
:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:29:49 AM »
Recipe please

;D

Trying to bring your squat up?
 :)

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »
the lift was failed because he did not wait for the rack command. in powerlifting you must show control of the lift, he did not show control because he racked the weight before the command.

also, the meet promoter did not have any 100lbs plate at the meet and the most they could load on the bar was the 905, it was reported in other locations that he wanted to squat 950. This is the first I've heard of his intent with 1k.
sept 10th APF