Author Topic: Anderson Silva Vs. Jon Jones  (Read 4310 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Anderson Silva Vs. Jon Jones
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:38:15 AM »
I recently listened in on the Joe Rogan podcast, while they had Dana White as a guest and one of the key talking points they visited was the plan to get Anderson Silva in the ring to fight Jon Jones.

Dana said, "I have to make Silva vs. Jones happen". "He (Silva) likes big fights, so this event has a lot of potential" White said. Now, we all know that Dana is about making big money fights and keeping the Fertitta's happy, so I think there is a high probability for this fight to happen, as I am sure Dana will offer both guys a SHITLOAD of money to fight.

Here's a recent write-up from mmajunkie regarding the matter (mentions how Dana will make a superfight for sometime during the end of 2013 with either GSP vs Silva or Silva vs Jones):

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/ufc-super-fight-with-anderson-silva-jon-jones-or-georges-st-pierre-in-2013

Who is your pick to win if this fight were to come about?

I am picking Anderson Silva.

Jones has the height, weight, reach and explosive power advantage on his side.

Anderson has the experience, skillset (Black belt in Muay Thai, 5th dan Black belt in Tae Kwon Do, Black belt in JiuJitsu, Black belt in judo and a professional boxer in Brazil) and speed.

Who would You pick?
"1"

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Anderson Silva Vs. Jon Jones
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:39 AM »
Jones.  Not even close.

Sonnen had Silva on his back that entire fight.  Should Jones do that, he'll rag doll Silva.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 06:37:13 AM »
Jones.  Not even close.

Sonnen had Silva on his back that entire fight.  Should Jones do that, he'll rag doll Silva.

A roided up Sonnen had Silva on his back, agreed.

During the second fight though, Silva made Sonnen look like a child.

Either way, I am excited to see what would come of it. Also, how well or bad Sonnen does against Jones, will also give us a clue as to what might become of a Silva vs Jones fight.

"1"

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »
A focused and hungry Jones would likely be too much in the end for Silva, but hes showing a few weaknesses with his arrogance. Saying that Silva would easily be the best fighter he would ever face and with his striking ability, coupled with his ability on the ground, he could very well produce what could only be described as an upset .

hmmmmmmmm.............Jo nes FTW.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »
  Jones is just too big and strong

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
I heard that episode too  8) .. I'd pick Jon Jones only because law of averages would suggest that Silva' bubble maybe nearing capacity and be ready to burst, furthermore I was kinda shocked when Dana said that he'd have to renegotiate a 10 fights deal with Silva (big risk for the UFC, IMO)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
Jones.  Not even close.

yes !

I can see Jones taking Silva to school standing up too..

huge mismatch

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 06:50:39 AM »
The other hugely underrated weapon Silva has is his experience.  He has much more than Jon.  He will have a well thought out game plan in place.  Jones does have weaknesses, and I think we can all agree he will get hit by Silva.

That being said, once Jon has his hands on Silva, Silva is a rag doll.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
jones will blow him away

he is too big and strong
T

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »
Gsp/Silva is a better match up than Silva Jones....

I just don't see GSP/Silva happening unless it's at a catch weight and that'll probably kill Anderson...

not real sure these potential "superfights" can be all that competitive !

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »
Gsp/Silva is a better match up than Silva Jones....

I just don't see GSP/Silva happening unless it's at a catch weight and that'll probably kill Anderson...

not real sure these potential "superfights" can be all that competitive !

I see Jones and Silva being quite evenly matched physically, much more so than Silva and GSP. Thats like throwing GSP to the lionsas physically hes not even close to matching him.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
I see Jones and Silva being quite evenly matched physically, much more so than Silva and GSP. Thats like throwing GSP to the lionsas physically hes not even close to matching him.

Jones hasn't had to go there in  along time but he's a monster on the ground....he was basically the first one to absolutely throw Matt Hamil around....so judging by what Sonnen did to Silva on the ground, I'm thinking the fight's over as soon as Jones gets Silva off his feet.

George's wrestling is pretty outstanding too..

as I said...not really sure these superfights would live up to the hype !