Author Topic: Anyone ever have an exchange student live with them?  (Read 705 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Anyone ever have an exchange student live with them?
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »
Any of you guys have someone come live with them, and let them do the house chores, and pay them a small wage while living with you? My wife and I are expecting in six weeks, and then after 12 weeks off she will go back to work. We are on a waiting list for daycare, but will need a stop gap for a few months until a spot opens up. My neighbor across the street pays a grad student $12 an hour/$500 wk to come to the house at 7am and watch his two small children while him and his wife are at work. I was thinking I could get an exchange student, probably from Germany, to come live with us, and we pay her monthly, but charge no rent. I already am paying $100 week for German lessons, so I figured kill two birds with one stone there. Anyway, any of you guys have any experience with this type of situation?

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Re: Anyone ever have an exchange student live with them?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
congrats on the baby but please dont let a student watch a newborn, in addition invest a few hundred bucks and get a camera(s) installed that allows you and your wife to watch remotely whats going on

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »
Yes please install a hidden camera in her room and bathroom  :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »
congrats on the baby but please dont let a student watch a newborn, in addition invest a few hundred bucks and get a camera(s) installed that allows you and your wife to watch remotely whats going on

From what I understand, you can get an agency to set it up, that they take a year off from school and do au pair work. Not like I would go randomly online and look.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:52:09 PM »
we had a live-in with our 2nd... it was awesome... no we just have her in every other day (mostly cleaning, some cooking)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 06:06:28 AM »
Sunday morning bump

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 06:09:19 AM »
we had a live-in with our 2nd... it was awesome... no we just have her in every other day (mostly cleaning, some cooking)

was she an asian :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 06:28:43 AM »
Good friends of mine had people working for them in this manner and the experience was good overall.