Author Topic: Your Friendly Neighbourhood Nutrition Tips, Facts and Tricks! [THREAD]  (Read 890 times)

NeighbourMike

• Getbig II
  • Always challenge yourself
Hey Getbiggers,

I am glad I joined this site and was given such a warm welcome. Well deserved or not, It struck me and I appreciate the respect and kindness of those on this board, which is definately one of the best communities I've had the privledge of being a part of. I have decided to give back in what ways I can, within my scope of knowledge and practice.

A little background about me, I'm a 21 year old certified personal trainer, fitness model, athletic committee vice chair, bodybuilder and nutritionalist in training; certified gym rat since I was 15.

I don't pretend to know everything, and I'm always looking for more knowledge to supplement what I already know. Heck, what I find is what I believe I know, tends to be just plain old wrong! Thats what I find amazing about education, getting those deep, cemented tidbits of knowledge upturned into something new. Just like science is cemented in the minds of a civilization at one point, then ten years later everything they knew turned out to be complete bunk.

Thats leads me to the point of this thread, I hope to document my road to becoming a certified nutritionalist through The ISSN - CISSN - International Society Of Sports Nutrition.

I've just begun a minor certification process myself in sports nutrition, so everything and anything along the way I will post here. That includes what I find interesting, insightful, beneficial or otherwise a new developement I have read about, directly applicable for the world of bodybuilding and the science of nutrition.

I will do my best to document properly with resource referencing and links so you all may follow along on my journey, but I may not always have the time so please bear with me and check in often

As my favourite mentor once said, "Everything 1 know is wrong and given enough time, history will prove this to he true." I think the same thing applies to the science of nutrition.

So basically since your here on Getbig, stop by every once in a while. Hopefully together we can overturn some concrete knowledge, and if I can help a single person on their own journey to a better physique I will have done the task I set out to do.

Thanks again, everyone!
-Cheers