Author Topic: "Perfect Weapon" star Jeff Speakman has cancer:  (Read 3263 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
"Perfect Weapon" star Jeff Speakman has cancer:
« on: February 27, 2013, 02:58:10 PM »
Sad, but true. On February 4, former action star, student of kenpo karate legend Ed Parker and founder of kenpo 5.0, announced that he’s suffering from throat cancer.

“To my friends, fans and most importantly my 5.0 family, as many of you have heard by now I have been diagnosed with Throat Cancer by my doctors at City of Hope. This is a stage 4 tumor that has grown inside my esophagus and is now affecting my vocal cords,” Speakman wrote on his Facebook page.

“Because of the proximity to my vocal cords surgery is not an option due to the possibility that my voice may be lost during surgery. It is for that reason that I have elected to move forward immediately with Chemo and Radiation therapy,” he said.

“The good news here is that my doctors have told me that this is a very treatable type of cancer and the cure rate at this hospital is over 90 percent.”

Speakman wrote that next week he will begin his chemo and the week after will begin a 6 week regimen of daily radiation treatment.

“My friends at Partell Pharmacy are treating me with supplements and nutrition to help in my recovery. Ironically this news came to me the same day that the next movie that I have been working on for the last 3 years got funded,” he wrote.

Speakman made about 20 movies, but he is still remembered for one of his first movies – a martial arts film “Perfect Weapon”.

CHANCES OF BEATING CANCER

Former fighter, and now a documentary filmmaker Ian Jacklin has been researching cancer for 15 years, and even made a documentary on the subject.

BZFilm asked Jacklin about Jeff Speakman’s condition, and how can this type of cancer be treated.

“Assuming it’s a tumor, then chemo has a 3 percent success rate, so I wouldn’t do that. Surgery will spread the cancer. Biopsies and surgery cut in to the cancer and the cancer cells get in the blood stream and settle somewhere else,” Jacklin told BZFilm.

“Chemo and radiation cause cancer as well so even if the kill enough of the cancer this time now their body has a much greater chance of developing a secondary cancer down the line.”

Jacklin noted that he knows people with stage-4 terminal cancer, who did not do any chemo, radiation or surgery, however they have all recovered fully, and it never came back.

“It’s a life style that gave them the cancer and if they don’t change that life style the western medicine is only treating the symptoms and not the cause which is acidosis,” Jacklin underscored.

“He has cancer because he is acidic and if he were to get on an alkaline diet, take the proper immune system boosting and detoxing supplements he could “reset” his body and it would cure the cancer naturally and it would never come back,” he said.

Jacklin noted that if Speakman only has stage-1 or stage-2 and opts for surgery, chemo and radiation, it would be “a travesty”.

“But again, even stage-4 has a better chance to be cured with the holistic approach,” he concluded.

On our part, we wish Speakman to recover fast, and get that movie made, that he has been working on.

credit: http://bzfilm.com/talks-interviews/perfect-weapon-jeff-speakman-suffering-from-cancer-can-he-beat-it/