Author Topic: Brady proves again that he is the man!  (Read 3534 times)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Re: Brady proves again that he is the man!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
Only on Getbig would Tom Brady be considered "moderately" successful.

totally.  The guy is the biggest stud in the game.  has the most successful supermodel to ever live. people are jealous of him.  To top it off he does something as classy as this.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »
Lol.  The Patriots are the ones who got caught. 20-25 plays?  No team scripts the first 20-25 plays. Maybe the first 2 or 3. I thought you guys were smarter then that.

I will have to re-read the articles, but I kind of remember that being the number.  It was not 2-3.
Y

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 09:23:24 AM »
At least you are honest. Lots of Pats bashers on here. They are just jealous of the Patriots 12+ Year dominance. That includes the years after spygate. Bitches. Yes..... Meltdown.

I do think Brady is a wimpy type guy but it's not his job to take hits. He can bomb a ball 60+ yards with precision and gets paid in full for doing so. The guy is legit HOF if there ever was one and could quite possibly end up being the GOAT of QB's. I still got no love for him, just respect.

I like the new "Willie Beamen" type QB's that Mike Vick set the prototype for. Russell Wilson, Kapernick, RG III. Run and Gun QB's. The stiff pocket QB's are dying out.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 09:26:18 AM »
I do think Brady is a wimpy type guy but it's not his job to take hits. He can bomb a ball 60+ yards with precision and gets paid in full for doing so. The guy is legit HOF if there ever was one and could quite possibly end up being the GOAT of QB's. I still got no love for him, just respect.

I like the new "Willie Beamen" type QB's that Mike Vick set the prototype for. Russell Wilson, Kapernick, RG III. Run and Gun QB's. The stiff pocket QB's are dying out.

Yeah..but time will tell as to whether or not a QB with that style of play can win a Superbowl. Stiff pocket passers may be dying out but history shows that those types of QB's are the one's with rings. Give me a Joe Montana type QB over a Mike Vick and day of the week.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »

They could be the future. Pocket passer Flacco just beat Kaepernick.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »

These guys will not last.  They get punished by LB's.  RG was getting crushed by guys all year.  Two concussions I believe? And other injuries.  Albeit Cam is a beast maybe he can last.  

None of these guys are Brady's though man.  When you look at the big picture, supermodel wife, tons of endorsements, could almost even see him as some sort of fixture in hollywood. Fierce competitor too!

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:51 AM »
RG III and Russell Wilson are too small to take big hits. Guys like Kapernick have the body to absorb that punishment. Whether or not they have rings, you see a lot more QB's like this now than you did before, so it's inevitable some rings will start to come in for this type of player.

Stiff pocket has been the standard. Evolution changes the game.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
totally.  The guy is the biggest stud in the game.  has the most successful supermodel to ever live. people are jealous of him.  To top it off he does something as classy as this.

Taking 27M guaranteed from ages 38-40 is smart football, given that the chance at winning will probably trump the additonal dollars he might be able to squeeze from the team.   But I don't think it's "classy".
Y

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »
Taking 27M guaranteed from ages 38-40 is smart football, given that the chance at winning will probably trump the additonal dollars he might be able to squeeze from the team.   But I don't think it's "classy".

he could have held out and gotten much much more. Instead he freed up a ton of room to add more talent.  It was classy.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »
he could have held out and gotten much much more. Instead he freed up a ton of room to add more talent.  It was classy.

It's self serving.  He wants more Championships.

And, should he have let his contract run out, there's no guarantee he'd be worth more.
Y

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 09:37:28 AM »

classy move (and self serving) knowing he needs ppl to throw to. his fave target Gronk might not be so healthy anymore

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
Agreed. Its a win for both sides.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:50 AM »
If Brady wins 2 championships over the next 3 years.... then that minor pay cut will more than be covered with endorsements and other opportunities.

not only that, but he's financially set for the next 200 years.  He cares about legacy, and 5 rings means he's the best ever.  Three doesnt.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 09:42:04 AM »
Hey Grape Ape, you can only hope that Eli can be half the qb as Brady. Eli is as sporadic as his down syndrome face. He gets props for beating my Pats twice in the big game, but he is nowhere near Brady.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 09:46:02 AM »
Hey Grape Ape, you can only hope that Eli can be half the qb as Brady. Eli is as sporadic as his down syndrome face. He gets props for beating my Pats twice in the big game, but he is nowhere near Brady.

Just amazes me the Eli has two rings. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »

I've never compared their careers, and don't start Eli threads proclaiming anything of the sort.

Eli's played Brady in two Super Bowls, beaten him twice, was part of two of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history, destroyed the Pats 2007 undefeated bid, and prevented dbags like Moss and Wilfork from winning championships.

I'm happy with that.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
I've never compared their careers, and don't start Eli threads proclaiming anything of the sort.

Eli's played Brady in two Super Bowls, beaten him twice, was part of two of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history, and destroyed the Pats 2007 undefeated bid.

I'm happy with that.
  ;D.. Sports is all about matchups. The Patriots have not matched up well with the Giants for years. Brady did his job in both of those superbowls. He gave his team the lead late.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »
With all these run and gun QB's when was the last time a black QB won the SB?? ;D
Hmmmmm

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »

Eli's played Brady in two Super Bowls, beaten him twice, was part of two of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history, destroyed the Pats 2007 undefeated bid, and prevented dbags like Moss and Wilfork from winning championships.

I'm happy with that.

You should be!  all facts right there.  Even though I can't stand the Giants. (being a Cowboys fan will do that)

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »
  ;D.. Sports is all about matchups. The Patriots have not matched up well with the Giants for years. Brady did his job in both of those superbowls. He gave his team the lead late.

Defense got tired and burned... Brady did give his team the lead when it counted

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »
With all these run and fun QB's when was the last time a black QB won the SB?? ;D
Hmmmmm

hahahah Doug Williams.  Why do you guys think that is? Don't want to make this a racist thread

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »

No disagreement here on his overall performance.    In the first loss, he third throw on the last set of downs was one of the best passes I've ever seen, something like 70 yds in the air, just enough to make Moss miss.  I still can't believe Moss got separation on that play.

I don't think the second SB was his best though, between the safety and the Welker pass.  Yes, it should have been caught, no doubt, but he was so open it could have been a better throw.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
No disagreement here on his overall performance.    In the first loss, he third throw on the last set of downs was one of the best passes I've ever seen, something like 70 yds in the air, just enough to make Moss miss.  I still can't believe Moss got separation on that play.

I don't think the second SB was his best though, between the safety and the Welker pass.  Yes, it should have been caught, no doubt, but he was so open it could have been a better throw.
Pats better resign Welker. That was a major reason why Brady took a discount.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »
Pats better resign Welker. That was a major reason why Brady took a discount.

Welker's wife's comments about PED's in the NFL is gonna get a bounty put on him. She was directly referring to Ray Lewis but it brought scrutiny through the whole SB week. I would be surprised if this guy took some dirty hits this season.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
Welker's wife's comments about PED's in the NFL is gonna get a bounty put on him. She was directly referring to Ray Lewis but it brought scrutiny through the whole SB week. I would be surprised if this guy took some dirty hits this season.

I want to take some dirty hits on his wife