Author Topic: Crazy overbuilt equipment  (Read 11250 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Crazy overbuilt equipment
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 09:43:58 PM »
Geez this picture is creepy!

Looks like Vince is giving Arnold some form of psychotherapy.

"1"

Hannibal Lecter lol

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »
Who made you a moderator! The photo was taken in 1974 in our gym when Arnold was there posing and doing a seminar. Before he started I did an interview and he replied to my questions.

You should share the transcript of said interview with us Vince!

You spent time picking Arnold's brain, the father of modern bodybuilding, and you haven't shared??

Now, now Vince....

"1"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
Serious question for you Vince . . . the gym is listed as Roz & Vince's, yet on the sign it reads Vince and Roz. Why?

THE BEEF

What a tool. The gym was called Vince's Gym from about 1972. I changed it to Vince & Roz's Fitness World in 1987. Recently it has been shortened to Vince & Roz's Gym.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
WHAT?!!!?? Arnold forcing a woman to have sex...??? You mean the man who treats his wife like crap would treat a woman he barely knows poorly andmaking her have sex??? Please note the sarcasm.. Arnold is a scum bag.. Always has been..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
You should share the transcript of said interview with us Vince!

You spent time picking Arnold's brain, the father of modern bodybuilding, and you haven't shared??

Now, now Vince....

"1"

Picked Arnold's brain? Shows how little you know about Arnold. He never disclosed his secrets. Nor did he know that much about hypertrophy. His seminar was virtually useless. He was huge then so the members enjoyed the occasion.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50:24 PM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 09:51:01 PM »
Picked Arnold's brain? Shows how little you know about Arnold. He never disclosed his secrets. Nor did he know that much about hypertrophy. His seminar was virtually useless. He was huge then so the members enjoyed the occasion.

You're so fucking unlikeable... haha

old prick

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »
WHAT?!!!?? Arnold forcing a woman to have sex...??? You mean the man who treats his wife like crap would treat a woman he barely knows poorly andmaking her have sex??? Please note the sarcasm.. Arnold is a scum bag.. Always has been..

Arnold did and still does whatever he likes.....for himself. Except for his children I doubt he cared much for anyone else. He is the total operator.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »

Are you sure he never disclosed his secrets or was it merely your inability to unearth his advices?

Arnold was pretty smart, but Arnold was like a child and when it came to the day of the contest, you were his father Vince, his fucking father, so he should have been coming to YOU for advices, so it shouldn't have been that hard for you to give him the wrong advices, now was it Vince?

"1"

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »
I knew this thread had some life in it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
Look, appointed moderator, Arnold knew how to train and what to do to augment any size he was building. End of story. Did he share that information with others? Not really. He had others write books in his name and gave out advices. According to Mike Mentzer, Arnold didn't know much about hypertrophy theory. He didn't have to. He applied ideas and built huge muscles. That was sufficient. He was also willing to take whatever he had to in those days to augment his size. It wasn't what the current pros are doing but it was more than I was willing to experiment with.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
Look, appointed moderator, Arnold knew how to train and what to do to augment any size he was building. End of story. Did he share that information with others? Not really. He had others write books in his name and gave out advices. According to Mike Mentzer, Arnold didn't know much about hypertrophy theory. He didn't have to. He applied ideas and built huge muscles. That was sufficient. He was also willing to take whatever he had to in those days to augment his size. It wasn't what the current pros are doing but it was more than I was willing to experiment with.

I was kidding Vincent, ease up on the throttle a bit...

"1"

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »
Now which Getbig tool built this? And what the fuck does the bit circled in red do?

THE BEEF

That look like Vince's steampunk edition of  the leg press. You can say anything you like, but I love the way how he can over complicate simpliest thing and make these machines look like some torture equipment of the evil genius. There should be gallery about these things in their gym web page, because they, with their modifications by Vince, are just insane. I am not kidding at all, because that level of engineering proves some serious talent. Why this talent is wasted to this is beyond my imagination, but the talent is still obvious. I was able to find some drawings about the his earlier prototypes, and even they are brilliant:

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2013, 11:57:49 PM »

That's a 60's protein jar

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:06 AM »
That look like Vince's steampunk edition of  the leg press. You can say anything you like, but I love the way how he can over complicate simpliest thing and make these machines look like some torture equipment of the evil genius. There should be gallery about these things in their gym web page, because they, with their modifications by Vince, are just insane. I am not kidding at all, because that level of engineering proves some serious talent. Why this talent is wasted to this is beyond my imagination, but the talent is still obvious. I was able to find some drawings about the his earlier prototypes, and even they are brilliant:

;D ;D ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 05:45:35 AM »

Arnold shared all of his secrets in his books and he gave out plenty of seminars.  But it seems as though you're pretty bitter over Arnold's success compared to yours which is very little.  You never took the chances that others like he, Franco, Zane, Dickerson, etc did.  Honestly, you had a great opportunity to get into the "Inner Circle of Arnold", you could have been rich, famous, a champion bodybuilder and the world as as your oyster....

But instead your ego has led you to spend your remaining days building useless equipment that could be used to build space shuttles, posting on Getbig, complaining about the IFBB, and begging Ron for some blue stars.  Arnold obviously found out about how you were trashing him and that's why you ended up dead last in the Mr Australia. 

I feel so sorry for you Vince Basile but you made you bed in life.  You had the opportunity and you simply never took it
A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 06:03:39 AM »
"There are very few gyms with as much of this equipment these days"

There's a reason why. Gyms fill there floors with up shiny new machines that know one knows how to use and calls it "state of the art".
agreed 100%

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 06:23:24 AM »

But instead your ego has led you to spend your remaining days building useless equipment that could be used to build space shuttles

If it could be used to build space shuttles, it is not useless.
Y

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 06:39:50 AM »
This Hurricane guy is a dork. Do you honestly think I would post false allegations on the internet? The girl was 16. She told me that Arnold forced her to have sex but she didn't say anything because she didn't want to get him in trouble.

Robert Nailon walked in on them while we were having a party for Arnold at our apartment at Manly Beach.

Yeah . . . a 16 year old girl is a credible source of information. And if you had info like that and did not go to the police, you are guilty of a crime.

Vince, check this picture out. Can you post a pic of you and Roz? I doubt she could hang with Christine the way you could not hang with Frank.

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 06:47:37 AM »
If we look at things from a trophy wife discussion point, looks like Frank got a Sandow and vince a last place in the Mr. Australia contest.

THE BEEF

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 06:50:12 AM »
If it could be used to build space shuttles, it is not useless.

Space Shuttles are no longer being used.....they have all been scrapped by NASA...1970's technology
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2013, 08:50:02 AM »
This Hurricane guy is a dork. Do you honestly think I would post false allegations on the internet? The girl was 16. She told me that Arnold forced her to have sex but she didn't say anything because she didn't want to get him in trouble.

Robert Nailon walked in on them while we were having a party for Arnold at our apartment at Manly Beach.

:)
F