Author Topic: Kindle has gay commercial  (Read 8022 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Kindle has gay commercial
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
I find it surprising that some people actually believe that seeing a couple of gay people on a commercial will make their kids gay.
oh a gay queen with a kindle waving at his boyfriend, now little timmy wants to suck a cock!!!  ::) ::)
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
I find it surprising that some people actually believe that seeing a couple of gay people on a commercial will make their kids gay.
oh a gay queen with a kindle waving at his boyfriend, now little timmy wants to suck a cock!!!  ::) ::)

You have astutely identified the absurdity of some peoples homophobia in your reply here. I cannot help myself, so I am going to say this, the fellow in the kindle commercial hardly fits the "gay queen" label. One of the reasons the commercial works is because he is believably heterosexual until he mentions that his husband is bringing him a drink. Thank goodness, they didn't go with some stereotypical "queen" in this ad. The truth is many gay men are very masculine acting. Unfortunately to the uneducated or naive, gay men are all queens.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
You have astutely identified the absurdity of some peoples homophobia in your reply here. I cannot help myself, so I am going to say this, the fellow in the kindle commercial hardly fits the "gay queen" label. One of the reasons the commercial works is because he is believably heterosexual until he mentions that his husband is bringing him a drink. Thank goodness, they didn't go with some stereotypical "queen" in this ad. The truth is many gay men are very masculine acting. Unfortunately to the uneducated or naive, gay men are all queens.
yup. Most gay people i know, friends and/or co-workers, are "normal" acting.
but don't tell me that little wave at the end wasn't flamer as hell.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
yup. Most gay people i know, friends and/or co-workers, are "normal" acting.
but don't tell me that little wave at the end wasn't flamer as hell.

I don't know. I haven't been in a situation where I would be acknowledging my husband (never had one of those). If the advertisement had been different and it was the woman who had a wife and the man had a wife that he waved at, would it seem "flamer as hell" as you put it? Do men not wave their partners and if they do is it a gay gesture? Sometimes it seems like there are all these rules for how one should act to be seen as "manly" and it seems to me if a man has to think about he every move being judged as such, this actually emasculates him some. It seems manly to me when a man is not overly self-conscious about these kinds of things.