Author Topic: Less young men becoming bodybuilders  (Read 4921 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Less young men becoming bodybuilders
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
Still plenty of young men in bodybiddin' making us all proud:

LOL!!!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »
bodybuilding requires too much work to be decent at.. Any cock sucker can go to the MMA gym, learn a few moves and think they are cool and tough... bodybuilding is 24/7 to look halfway decent.

not true. you seem like a good guy on here but you do not understand how much work you put in to be good in a system and MMA guys train hard.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »
well wether you have big muscles or know some mma shit, you re still not faster than a bullet, nor are any of these "survival skills" very useful in a modern, peaceful, feminized society.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 09:02:15 AM »
I wonder what happened to this sport I was once so very very into.

I think we just grew up.   Although the disgusting overdrugged physiques of today don't do anything to help...  no one much cares to see someone who swallowed a huge beach ball flexing like he's the greatest thing ever.  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 09:03:27 AM »
well i can tell you one thing. when i did Boxing training and Army style it was the hardest training i have done. Blood , sweat and pain. Primitive conditions running in snow in army boots so i canīt say if Bodybuilding is harder. I of course am no Pro and train like some here who are or maybe understand their pain and dedication so Matty i maybe am wrong.

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 09:03:36 AM »
I remember when I was 16 (11 years ago) not knowing shit about supplements and buying prohormones at the local GNC. Yea, those were definitely the days.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
Most young guys i see have not .000000001% of the patience or dedication needed for bodybuilding, natural or otherwise. 

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:53 AM »
not true. you seem like a good guy on here but you do not understand how much work you put in to be good in a system and MMA guys train hard.

That wasn't the point I am getting at. I am saying, it is a lot easier to SAY you are an MMA fighter after maybe two months of training. I know to be really good or even just above average these guys have to train their ass off and I have a ton of respect for MMA fighters.

I know so many guys who tell people they are a MMA fighter, but couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag and know maybe 3 MMA moves.. but they go to the classes and think they are. You can't tell people you are a bodybuilder after a few months of training.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »
That wasn't the point I am getting at. I am saying, it is a lot easier to SAY you are an MMA fighter after maybe two months of training. I know to be really good or even just above average these guys have to train their ass off and I have a ton of respect for MMA fighters.

I know so many guys who tell people they are a MMA fighter, but couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag and know maybe 3 MMA moves.. but they go to the classes and think they are. You can't tell people you are a bodybuilder after a few months of training.
ok i understand you just came over a bit blunt.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
Too many young men give up their training for too much booze and whores

This. Our gender today is more worried about money and females than God and health.

Ironic thing is, many of them will make fortunes and then spend all that money on the health issues that could've been avoided by visiting the gym a few times a week.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:57 AM »
This. Our gender today is more worried about money and females than God and health.

Ironic thing is, many of them will make fortunes and then spend all that money on the health issues that could've been avoided by visiting the gym a few times a week.

nothing wrong with a pursuit of money tho. odds are if you take bodybuilding all the way you will end up broke anyway. just don't be stupid with money.

ppl dropping  their rent every month at the club is beyond stupid. buying shots for ppl you don't even know.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:02 AM »

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »
Guy, you come on here and post a gay poem in the middle of a bodybuilding thread. Just really stupid.

fuckin directly addressing someone as "guy" ............ARRRRRRGHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

its used in reference you tart......i.e " that guy over there "

unless his name is guy.....in which case, carry on

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »
birth control in the water..... pussification of men

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
With the advent of Crossfit and other programs designed to develop all around functional ability, there are far less young guys getting involved in bodybuilding. Many gyms in fact are discouraging bodybuilding altogether. We have guys in their 40's dominating the Arnold. I fear for the future of our sport. How come young guys aren't getting into this lifestyle anymore?

Bodybuilding is just fine. Shows like the Nationals and USA have posted record amounts of competitors in bodybuilding.

Many "gyms" are anything but. They're built for resolutionist-types, who'll be gone in 3 months or so. Why do you think they keep advertising "No committment"?

A lot of the young bodybuilders are taking time off, between their winning a pro-qualifying show and actually competing.

As for guys in their 40s dominating, that's because they are learning how to stay competitive longer. Dexter Jackson is a prime example. He once thought he was fading into the sunset. But, now, he's revived and almost better than ever. Many have claimed that he looked better at the Masters Olympia than he did, when he won the real Olympia.

There are more supplement and magazine contracts. That also helps older bodybuilders stay in the game longer.

cnriagu

• Getbig I
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
Bodybuilding is just fine. Shows like the Nationals and USA have posted record amounts of competitors in bodybuilding.

Many "gyms" are anything but. They're built for resolutionist-types, who'll be gone in 3 months or so. Why do you think they keep advertising "No committment"?

A lot of the young bodybuilders are taking time off, between their winning a pro-qualifying show and actually competing.

As for guys in their 40s dominating, that's because they are learning how to stay competitive longer. Dexter Jackson is a prime example. He once thought he was fading into the sunset. But, now, he's revived and almost better than ever. Many have claimed that he looked better at the Masters Olympia than he did, when he won the real Olympia.

There are more supplement and magazine contracts. That also helps older bodybuilders stay in the game longer.

This! Another thing ppl forget is that Bodybuilding does require MONEY! The older guys you see competing at Local/State shows have more resources to afford competing.
I do think you will see more ppl qualifying in their early 30s due to this in the future tho...

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
Mcway is right.. The nationals are bringing record numbers.. I am closer to 50 then 40 and have been in this silly game since I was 14.. If I had a dime for every time since then someone said " bodybuilding is dying" I'd be pretty well off..  Yet the Olympia and arnold have record high prize money.. There are numerous magazine and Internet sites devoted to bodybuilding..

As for crossfit.. I have a buddy who is a orthopedic surgeon .. He told me a few weeks ago that it has boosted his practice tongue and cheek.. But I do know many who have taken a beatin off of crossfit.. Like anything that comes and goes it helps bodybuilding in the short run as it won't be around in 5 years like it is now...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »
yes i think the powerlifting moves they show are not properly trained and under fatigue like they train cause injuries.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »
there's less men competing in BB but there are more and more young guys using steroids

in the 80, 90's you'd train @ a gym and maybe 5-10 % of guys were on steroids, NOW 80-90 % of guys are using and prob 10 % of girls

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
What do you mean by bodybuilding?

lifting weights and applying resistance to muscle movem to prompt the muscles to grow?

To undertake as much research and experiment as a pharmacuitacal company on your own body with illegal or borderline legal "supplements"?

To display to the paying public your now muscular body (whither build by physical effort or chemical construction)? 
c